Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish SW & HW Sales - Total 2022

Top 15: The best-selling video games in Spain in 2022

1. Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (Switch) 350.000 units
  2. FIFA 23 (PS4)
  3. Pokémon Arceus Legends (Switch)
  4. Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch) 190.000 units
  5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
  6. FIFA 23: Legacy Edition (Switch)
  7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
  8. Minecraft (Switch)
  9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
  10. God of War: Ragnarök (PS4)
  11. FIFA 22 (PS4)
  12. God of War: Ragnarök (PS5)
  13. FIFA 23 (PS5)
  14. Splatoon 3 (Switch)
  15. Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition (PS4)

Hardware sales:

Switch PS5 Xbox Series
2022 460.000 180.000 96.000
2021 495.000 275.000 83.000
2020 520.000 88.000 27.000
LTD 2.660.000 543.000 206.000

Source: Gamereactor

Last edited by polofresco - on 09 January 2023

Around the Network

Switch did very well and the Xbox Series is doing better than the Xbox One did but man the PS5 sales here are unfortunate with it being down massively compared to last year and in total only selling half of what the PS4 sold so far launch aligned. At least it should for sure do much, much better this year and easily go above 300k and hopefully past 400k. They'll have permanently lost a notable amount of sales here due to stock being awful for so long but lost sales will stop happening soon thankfully.

Norion said:

Switch did very well and the Xbox Series is doing better than the Xbox One did but man the PS5 sales here are unfortunate with it being down massively compared to last year and in total only selling half of what the PS4 sold so far launch aligned. At least it should for sure do much, much better this year and easily go above 300k and hopefully past 400k. They'll have permanently lost a notable amount of sales here due to stock being awful for so long but lost sales will stop happening soon thankfully.

Agree with everything, but this thread needs more posts. So here I am.

Honestly PS5 had good stock in UK and US? But at what cost?

Xbox actually improved over every previous year. It is because it started the lowest,but still.

Farsala said:
Norion said:

Agree with everything, but this thread needs more posts. So here I am.

Honestly PS5 had good stock in UK and US? But at what cost?

Prioritizing the most competitive markets when there isn't enough stock is the right move but man it's doomed the PS5 to have no chance of catching up to the PS4 in markets like Spain. They should make sure to prioritize the markets they neglected this year at least a bit since they'll be huge pent up demand.

Around the Network

Thanks for a year's worth of Spanish sales threads polofresco!

It'll be interesting to see how PS5 performs in 2023, and if stock shortages really are going to be a thing of the past. It's massively held up the changeover.

XS showing continued growth, which bodes well, and certainly can't be taken for granted (iirc XOne peaked in year 2 in Spain).

Switch did really well to be up YoY, but I doubt it'll defy gravity next year.

Interesting, with the numbers atm, Spain seems to be the only country/región where the Switch is up YOY compared to 2021.

As for the PS5, is tracking down about 500k compared to the PS4 launch aligned.

From this and what I've read from Chris Dring, looks like PS5 had a poor December in Europe overall, and by extension a rather poor 2022. It's becoming increasingly unlikely that Sony can hit their 18 million target. Wouldn't that require a record breaking Q1?

I cannot believe FIFA on the Switch beat God of War. That aside, those Switch numbers are insane.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Daym comparing this to the week 50 thread this means that Switch sold over 65k in the last 2 week, that's insane. And it actually ended up being up YoY, crazy stuff. Makes me wonder if there are other smaller markets where sales held from last year, give or take a few percentages.

PS and Xbox both seem to have sold around 20k in the last two weeks, impressive for the Xbox, underwhelming for the PS5, but I expect it will make up for it in other markets.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat