By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish SW & HW Sales - Total 2022

Thanks for doing this, polofresco.

Great year for Switch and Xbox, but Sony really needs to do better. But well, it will be very difficult to have a worse 2023 for them. Hopefully Xbox also manages to improve its sales thanks to some of the exclusives that will launch this year.

And well, I don't think we'll see another Pac-man chart with the Switch dominating, but it still has a chance to be the best selling console in 2023.

As for the software side, the list is quite good (we almost got rid of GTA V!) but, as Darwin has said, that FIFA Switch is a disgrace.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The stock sent to a lot of European countries is limited and a lot of retailers do bundles as high as 830 euros for the PS5.

It will take some months to see the Non-Bundle PS5 in some regions of the world.

Yet, we have people talking about the price decreasing the sales (and not only in this site).

JEMC said:

Great year for Switch and Xbox, but Sony really needs to do better. But well, it will be very difficult to have a worse 2023 for them. Hopefully Xbox also manages to improve its sales thanks to some of the exclusives that will launch this year.

And well, I don't think we'll see another Pac-man chart with the Switch dominating, but it still has a chance to be the best selling console in 2023.

As for the software side, the list is quite good (we almost got rid of GTA V!) but, as Darwin has said, that FIFA Switch is a disgrace.

Next year PlayStation will still focus on US and Asia, so it might still do worse than 2021. I think Switch will definitely outsell the PS5 next year too in Spain.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
JEMC said:

Next year PlayStation will still focus on US and Asia, so it might still do worse than 2021. I think Switch will definitely outsell the PS5 next year too in Spain.

It's too soon to tell. Chip shortages should improve once again this year, giving Sony the opportunity to manufacture more consoles, but it's up to Sony to decide where they'll send them. And as Norion has said, the more they neglect markets like the Spanish one, the more sales they'll lose in the long run because people will buy something else and call it a day.

And yeah, unless Sony does a U turn and Switch sales fall from a cliff, the Switch will likely be the winner once again, but I'm sure the difference won't be as big.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

polofresco said:

Top 15: The best-selling video games in Spain in 2022

1. Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (Switch) 350.000 units
  2. FIFA 23 (PS4)
  3. Pokémon Arceus Legends (Switch)
  4. Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch) 190.000 units
  5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
  6. FIFA 23: Legacy Edition (Switch)
  7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
  8. Minecraft (Switch)
  9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
  10. God of War: Ragnarök (PS4)
  11. FIFA 22 (PS4)
  12. God of War: Ragnarök (PS5)
  13. FIFA 23 (PS5)
  14. Splatoon 3 (Switch)
  15. Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition (PS4)

Hardware sales:

SwitchPS5Xbox Series
LTD~2.500.000528.000191.000

Source: Gamereactor

Switch in 2021 was just short of 500k, not 445k.

https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-espana-2021-el-repaso-del-ano/