By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Life is strange: true colors vs As dusk falls

KratosLives said:
SvennoJ said:
Spoiler!
Alex died after the most obvious stupidity, but somehow isn't dead and now stuck in past traumas.

I enjoyed the first game a lot more, True colors feels very repetitive with way too many slow tracking shots. The LARP session was the highlight of the game so far.

So you are still at the beginning. 

Love them both. I like music, ambience of true colors. Haven't had an issue with pacing.

Around the Network

I enjoyed True Colors very much.. more than I anticipated actually!

KratosLives said:
KratosLives said:

So you are still at the beginning. 

Love them both. I like music, ambience of true colors. Haven't had an issue with pacing.

Should be halfway at least, it said Side B. Ugh dunno if I can stomach another half lol.

I did like the music in the first game more. True Colors has a couple good songs yet most are forgettable to me. The pacing issues I have is the constant need to slow track the camera around everything. It's great for an introspection sequence, yet during normal game play it starts to get on my nerves. Steph and Ethan are great characters though, do want to keep on playing to find out what happens to them.

SvennoJ said:
KratosLives said:

Should be halfway at least, it said Side B. Ugh dunno if I can stomach another half lol.

I did like the music in the first game more. True Colors has a couple good songs yet most are forgettable to me. The pacing issues I have is the constant need to slow track the camera around everything. It's great for an introspection sequence, yet during normal game play it starts to get on my nerves. Steph and Ethan are great characters though, do want to keep on playing to find out what happens to them.

lol no you're at the very end of the game. The chapter is only about an hour long so you made it. Congrats.

I should've mentioned in my post above that it's by far the shortest game in the main series. 10 hours vs 14 hours for LiS and 16 hours for LiS 2 (using Howlongtobeat.com)

I enjoyed True Colors. The characters are what sold me on the game. The story is good enough and choices were meaningful but it wasn't very hard to make the "correct" choices most of the time. I still need to finish As Dusk Falls since I've been playing it strictly via Xcloud but I enjoy it so far. As far as choices, As Dusk Falls seems to have more complex choice results by a good margin. I still haven't figured how the story will play out in the end, which is a good thing.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

I enjoyed True Colors. The characters are what sold me on the game. The story is good enough and choices were meaningful but it wasn't very hard to make the "correct" choices most of the time. I still need to finish As Dusk Falls since I've been playing it strictly via Xcloud but I enjoy it so far. As far as choices, As Dusk Falls seems to have more complex choice results by a good margin. I still haven't figured how the story will play out in the end, which is a good thing.

i finished dusk last night. Good game but was expecting more story from some main characters. Feels like a chapter is missing.

if I had more time i'd play around with the choices to see what they lead to, but I can almost predict the outcomes. Might just watch them on youtube, as there are too many games to play. Good time, but overall true colors had a bigger impact.

I finished True Colors and while I enjoyed most of the cast, the last chapter ruins the game for me. It's badly written, slow as molasses and half of it doesn't make any sense. Every other dialog choice I'm "Where is what I think she would say", bad choice A or not making any sense choice B. Anyway finished, deleted it straight away, disc to be returned for 2nd hand sale. Started out as 8/10 with lots of potential to go up, after finishing it 5/10.

Kinda interesting how much overlap there is with Syberia The world before, although they're completely different stories. Similar themes yet much better executed, better told, better gameplay. I rated that 8/10, but now I think I low-balled Syberia. After playing True colors I would give it 8.5 or 9 for Syberia.

I'll admit I was pretty tepid about both, but I haven't finished As Dusk Falls so I wouldn't be giving it a fair shake. Dusk was keeping my interest a bit more, but I got distracted by other stuff.

I read a review of As dusk falls and we'll skip it for now. We need a break from the heavy topics and while you can skip the suicide scene, uplifting games are what we need! Not more dark drama. Next 'adventure' game we'll be playing is It Takes Two. It's more action but also has been build for 2 players to work together, instead of two minds not always agreeing on these 'pick your path' games.

Anyway my wife's verdict of True colors: Worst game I've ever played :/ (she quit before the LARP section) So I don't dare start As Dusk Falls now lol.

SvennoJ said:

I read a review of As dusk falls and we'll skip it for now. We need a break from the heavy topics and while you can skip the suicide scene, uplifting games are what we need! Not more dark drama. Next 'adventure' game we'll be playing is It Takes Two. It's more action but also has been build for 2 players to work together, instead of two minds not always agreeing on these 'pick your path' games.

Anyway my wife's verdict of True colors: Worst game I've ever played :/ (she quit before the LARP section) So I don't dare start As Dusk Falls now lol.

I never came across a suicide scene.  Tell your wife to give true colors another chance.