By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Life is strange: true colors vs As dusk falls

I loved true colors, and wondering how as dusk falls compares and if it's worth my time. For those that have played both, what is your opinion on the game.

Around the Network

Never played True Colors, but As Dusk Falls is one of the best games from 2022 in my opinion.

Wish I could help but so far, I only played a bit of both games, but I would give the edge to True Colors so far.

Chris Hu said:

Wish I could help but so far, I only played a bit of both games, but I would give the edge to True Colors so far.

I'm enjoying dusk, but I like true colors more, since it plays like a game, where as dusk is like a slightly interactive movie .

True Colors was massively disappointing IMO. One of the most boring stories I've ever encountered in a game and the cliffhangers between the episodes were just awfully bad.
Then there's the lack of places to go. The beginning is alright but once you realize there's basically nothing outside of the village center for the rest of the game, you grow tired of that place quickly.

Story-wise As Dusk Falls is light years ahead (and has branching paths that actually change the outcome of the story) but of course it plays differently so everything else is hard to compare.

Last edited by Barozi - on 06 January 2023

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Chris Hu said:

I'm enjoying dusk, but I like true colors more, since it plays like a game, where as dusk is like a slightly interactive movie .

Agreed, plus As Dusk Falls controls like it should be played on a mobile phone instead of with a controller.  Speaking of interactive movies, I might finish Immortality before I finish True Colors and As Dusk Falls.

I'm starting to dislike True colors, I'm trying to finish it but the story just isn't very good. We started playing it together, my wife already abandoned the game. We did finish Syberia: The world before, much better game! Looks better, plays better, better puzzles, better story. However it is the last in the series (4th game). There is a recap but it does help to already be familiar with the characters and world. I haven't played As Dusk Falls yet.

SvennoJ said:

I'm starting to dislike True colors, I'm trying to finish it but the story just isn't very good. We started playing it together, my wife already abandoned the game. We did finish Syberia: The world before, much better game! Looks better, plays better, better puzzles, better story. However it is the last in the series (4th game). There is a recap but it does help to already be familiar with the characters and world. I haven't played As Dusk Falls yet.

How far in? True colors is probably the best in the series. 

KratosLives said:
SvennoJ said:

Spoiler!
Alex died after the most obvious stupidity, but somehow isn't dead and now stuck in past traumas.

I enjoyed the first game a lot more, True colors feels very repetitive with way too many slow tracking shots. The LARP session was the highlight of the game so far.

SvennoJ said:
KratosLives said:

Spoiler!
Alex died after the most obvious stupidity, but somehow isn't dead and now stuck in past traumas.

I enjoyed the first game a lot more, True colors feels very repetitive with way too many slow tracking shots. The LARP session was the highlight of the game so far.

Love them both. I like music, ambience of true colors. Haven't had an issue with pacing.