By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2023

Just Finished: Donkey Kong Country (NSO)

I never played the original SNES game to completion although I think I beat either the GB or GBA port at some point a long time ago. The visuals were groundbreaking for their time and still hold up pretty well. Rare did a great job reviving DK as a character and IP and crafting a 2D platformer that can stand on its own merits even in the shadow of Super Mario. As many have pointed out before, the game's music is extremely well done. The game is pretty challenging, mitigated by the fact that I could use the auto-save and instant replay features to help expedite things. Using this method the game only took me a bit over 2 hours to complete. I'm sure younger gamers struggled with it for much longer back in the day. Diddy Kong is a great addition to Nintendo's cast of characters. The boss battles get a bit repetitive. The level design is solid. Riding the different animal companions is a nice feature. I didn't feel inspired enough to try to collect all the hidden secrets and thus my completion % is well below 100. The fakeout during the final boss battle is cute. I enjoyed it but I think I will skip its immediate SNES sequels and jump ahead to the more modern Donkey Kong Country games made by Retro when I feel like returning to this part of the jungle.

Score: 8/10

Full Completed 2023 List:

• Super Mario World (NSO)
  • Star Fox (NSO)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
  • Donkey Kong Country (NSO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Finished:

1. Hades (PC)
2. Gris (PC)
3. Salt and Sacrifice (PC)
4. Death's Gambit: Afterlife (PC)
5. Dragon Quest VI (DS)

Currently Playing:

1. Stephen's Sausage Roll (PC)
2. Nioh 2 (PS5)

Last edited by CladInShadows - on 15 March 2023

Finished:

Pokemon Platinum (finished in 2023)
God of War: Ragnarok (finished in 2023)
Astro's Playroom
BattleCity (GB)
BattleCity (NES)
Super Bomberman
Super Bomberman 3
Saturn Bomberman
Neo Bomberman
Bomberman (PCE)
Bomberman (NES)
Mega Bomberman
Bomberman '94
Bomberman '93
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Persona 5 Royal
Atomic Heart
Dishonored 2
Man of Medan
Hellblade
Little Nightmares II
The House of the Dead 2
Metal Slug 6

So, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars Fallen Order. Guardian's of the Galaxy. FF9. Ghost of Tsushima

And Borderlands 3.

I played BL2 a lot back in the day, never got around to playing BL3 until now, it was... much the same. Although the drop rate of legendary guns was far too high. In a run of BL2 I got like 2 or 3 legendary items. In BL3 it's like 1 every big fight. Irony is that some other weapons from other means are far more powerful and in reality but those legendaries and other guns made the combat trivial. I remember in BL2 doing the Arena things and legit struggling on the latter stages of them. In this I did it after the main story so my level was the same as the enemies and I made them all first time.

The end game content is decent but prefer to just play through the story with another character. Characters talk for too long, tell me the mission and shut up, comedy is fine but it doenst work if it's only spoken comedy. And why is it the main character is not in cutscenes?

Overall a great game but still.

Hmm, pie.

derpysquirtle64 said:

1. Persona 5 Royal (Xbox Series X/S) - 1000G, NG, Hard, All Confidants, All Requests, 99% Compendium

2022 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9348180

2021 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9260905

2020 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9092024

2019 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950250

2018 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950254

+ Persona 4 Golden (Xbox Series X/S) - 1000G, Hard

Around the Network

Just Finished: The Legend of Zelda (NSO)

I have finally completed the original Zelda game after several previous attempts, including on Wii and 3DS. Like other Zelda games I used a guide to complete it. This one more so than the others I am not sure how you could beat the game without know what to do. I can respect the game for its ambitions but that doesn't mean its good game design. How would you know which random rock to bomb or which tree to burn in order to progress? It is kind of cute how the game slows down when there are too many characters onscreen at once. The level design and dungeon patterns start to become repetitive later on. It was not the most fun game to play through but it felt necessary since I'm such a fan of the series. I am currently on a multi-year journey to play through most of the major Zelda games. I am fairly certain that I will never play Zelda II: The (Worst) Adventure of Link though.

Score: 7/10

Full Completed 2023 List:

• Super Mario World (NSO)
  • Star Fox (NSO)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
  • Donkey Kong Country (NSO)
  • The Legend of Zelda (NSO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

1) Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5
2) Medium - PS5
3) Ghostwire Tokyo - PS5
4) Jedi Fallen Order - PS5
5) Forspoken - PS5
6) Shadow Warrior 2 - PS4
7) Hogwarts Legacy - PS5
8) Scarlet Nexus - PS5

2nd update of the year.

(46 completed games):

Games I've finished in 2023:

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (Game Pass)
Soccer Story (Game Pass)
Super Sunny Island
Nobody Saves the World (Game Pass)
Rift Racoon
Genesis Noir (Game Pass)
Alveole
Explosive Candy World
Fluffy Cubed
Little Mouse's Encyclopedia
Chess Brain: Dark Troops
Can Androids Pray: Blue
Pukan, Bye-Bye!
SIGNALIS (Game Pass)
Dyna Bomb
Devoured by Darkness
Persona 4 Golden (Game Pass)
No Thing
The Pillar: Puzzle Escape
Infernax (Game Pass)
Before I Forget
The Legend of the Dragonflame Highschool Collection
Hot Wheels Unleashed (Game Pass)
Besiege (Game Pass)
Umurangi Generation Special Edition (Game Pass)
XIII
A Plague Tale: Requiem (Game Pass)
Bright Memory
No Time to Relax
Iris Fall
Rain City
Seduction: A Monk's Fate
890B
When the Past Was Around
Full Throttle Remastered (Game Pass)
Shadow Warrior 3 Definitive Edition (Game Pass)
AntVentor
Soul Hackers 2 (Game Pass)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Aery - Path of Corruption
Twin Mirror
Cyber Pool
The Lost Cube
Stela
The Journey Down: Chapter One
Anno 1800 Console Edition

Currently working on:

F1 2021

Updated with short reviews on completed games:

Kslost said:

Current:

Super Mario Bros U deluxe (completed main story, trying to 100% complete with wife, get all stars and beat all levels, estimated 99% done)

Paper Mario: Origami King, thought I beat this game a while ago… popped it in to double check and see that I hadn’t.  I’m probably 75% done with it)

Beat:

Mario Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (91% completed, finished main story, need to finish a couple side missions to 100% game) - Verdict:  Fun, cartoony turn based RPG.  Not too long but not too short (around 45 hours if you are going for everything).  A few minor bugs that cause stuttering and frame drops but overall a solid Switch title late in the console generation.  8/10

Mario Luigi Superstar Saga (via NSO) - Verdict:  A very fun and very addicting classic RPG.  Still plays well after all these years and has a fun story to boot.  Highly recommended to anyone that has yet to dip their toe in the Mario RPG pond.  9/10

Super Mario 64 (via N64 NSO, 76 stars) - Verdict:  I’ll review this one once I get around 100 stars.  But I’ve visited each level and have beaten the game.

Queued:

Metroid Prime Remastered (few others on the plate before I get to revisit this gem)

1) Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5
2) Medium - PS5
3) Ghostwire Tokyo - PS5
4) Jedi Fallen Order - PS5
5) Forspoken - PS5
6) Shadow Warrior 2 - PS4
7) Hogwarts Legacy - PS5
8) Scarlet Nexus - PS5
9) Oninaki - PS5
10) The Pedestrian - PS4