• Pikmin 3
  • Pikmin 4
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey

Currently working on:

• Final Fantasy XIII
  • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  • Shadow of Mordor

Games I'm still playing despite being done or just generally playing with friends

• Fifa 23
  • Madden 23
In Queue:
  • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
  • Oxenfree 2
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Eastward
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn
  • Golf Story
  • Blaster Master Zero 2
  • Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
  • Heaven Dust
  • Yuppie Psycho
  • Lost Odyssey

The Fury said:

So, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars Fallen Order. Guardian's of the Galaxy. FF9. Ghost of Tsushima, Borderlands 3, Prey, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Persona 5, Sackboy's Adventure, FF7. HFW. R&C:RA, Kena.

Not posted in a while, not because not been playing things. A few games here and there but ones not really to add. Tekken 7 a bit, Apex, Slay the Spire.

However, I tried The Ascent, not sure if I didn't get it but difficulty curve seemed to suddenly spike and I got frustrated and didn't get far.

So, I did what I always do when having lots to play but no desire to play it. Went back to Dragon Age Inquisition

Literally a month and bit later, through a run of and half of it. This is on top of my 20 or more other runs. Waiting for DA:D is a pain.

Last edited by The Fury - on 18 August 2023

Hmm, pie.

Just Finished: Devil May Cry HD (As part of the Devil May Cry Trilogy HD Collection) (PS+ Premium)

Devil May Cry is to Bayonetta as Tomb Raider is to Uncharted. How is that for an analogy? Except the connection is even strong because Devil May Cry and Bayonetta share the same creator. We all know Kamiya has certain tastes but at least we can admit he sexualized the pretty boy Dante before he moved onto to overly erotic hairy witch Bayonetta. The basic design, combat, and aesthetic are largely the same. Half melee combat half shooty shooty guns. I played Bayonetta (and its sequel) first so obviously my palette has had a taste of the more advanced version of this game design. Still for DMC being as old as it is it holds up pretty well. I can see why this might have been a big deal early on in the PS2 generation. Even the visuals still look somewhat nice stretched and up rezzed to HD format as they are. The gameplay is pretty shallow and I could get hopelessly and pointlessly loss in some of the level design. The barebones story is cringe and doesn't make a lick of sense. The game's sense of style reeks of the early 2000s but in an endearing way. Some of the gameplay switchups like underwater gameplay being in the first person or one of the final bosses playing out as a 3D shmup are more annoying than rewarding. I can definitely see some hints of this game's origin as an entry in the Resident Evil franchise, which is interesting from a game history perspective. The game felt longer to complete than it actually was. I prefer GOW and maybe even Bayonetta, but I'm glad I finally gave this franchise a go and I have a bunch more games to play through. Though I here the first sequel is a mess so I have that to look forward to...yay me.

Score: 7/10

Full Completed 2023 List:

• Super Mario World (NSO)
  • Star Fox (NSO)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
  • Donkey Kong Country (NSO)
  • The Legend of Zelda (NSO)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
  • The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition (PS5)
  •  Bioshock Infinite: Complete Edition (PS4)
  • The World Ends With You Final Remix (Switch)
  • My Japanese Coach (DS)
  • Puppeteer (PS+ Premium)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS+ Extra)
  • Devil May Cry HD (PS+ Premium)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Part 1

My gaming has slowed down a lot since I finished TotK, but I figure I'd still throw out a little update here at 2/3 of the year. I gave a lot of high scores in my first post, a bit more mixed this time around:

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - 7.5/10
    • A fun and very content filled metroidvania, but a bit too much grinding in its DNA for my taste.
  • Tekken 3 - 6/10
    • For some reason I've played some old fighting games in recent years starting with SoulCalibur 1, that one I ended up liking a lot, but Tekken 3 less so. I'm sure it's probably a great game from a competetive stand point or it wouldn't be as highly praised as it is, but for something who just wants to mess around with these games I didn't find it super compelling.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 9.5/10
    • My most anticipated game for years and well, it did not dissapoint. I wouldn't call it the perfect sequel, but it suprised and delighted me in many ways, it really gives you the tools to make some "I can't believe I just did that" moments and those are awesome, I also liked the story a lot and for once had no problems with the time travel.
  • Mega Man 2 - 4/10
    • Yea there's far between the NES games that I like and this was not one of them. Got the Legacy collection a while back and figured I might as well give the most iconic title a shot. With the (excruciatingly slow) rewind feature it made for a somewhat entertaining if infuriating experience and without it I probably wouldn't have bothered. The main theme is dope tho.
  • LittleBigPlanet - 7.5/10
    • This really is mostly a list of games nobody would be playing in 2023, but well that's what I did. Never played any LittleBigPlanet before and I'd say I was positively suprised by how creative and fun even just the single-player is. Frankly up there as one of the better 2D platformers I've played.
  • Shadow of the Colossus (2018) - 6.5/10
    • This isn't popular, but I was never a big fan of SoC and the "remake" did nothing to change that. Probably since it's more of a glorified remaster by a developer that had already remastered in once. Yes, yes, I know, how dare I? But really though it reuses the same code, it's just a graphical upgrade. To me it feels like a huge wasted opportunity to upgrade a game that has a real epic feel to it at times, but which just as too many rough edges in terms of design and akward controls for me it to enjoy it all that much.
  • Super Mario 3D Land - 7.5/10 (but almost 8)
    • Another game it's weird for anybody to be playing for the first time in 2023, but here I am. I would say I was positively suprised by 3D Land, it's 3D mario trimmed down to the basics, but the levels are solid and it's probably the game that makes best usage of the 3D feature on the system. Honestly for the system it's on I think this is better than 3D World in the sense that 3D World felt like a downgrade from Galaxy to me, while 3D Land is easily the best handheld Mario pre-Switch imo. Comparing them side to side 3D World probably is probably a bit better though to be fair.
  • Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition (replay) - 8.5/10
    • Who has money to buy the remake? I'll just play the Wii version again. It was a slightly mixed experience with more flaws than I remembered. Death counters always suck, but in a game with insta-death quick-time events? That's what I hated about Bayo 1, had completely forgotten it was here too. Character movement also feels a lot more limited than I remember, though in a way that also sort of adds to the survival horror experience, since you truly do feel kinda trapped when enemies get in close. For the most part it was still super fun though and you gotta love how over the top the characters are in this one. I do look forward to trying the remake eventually, but I'd also sort of like to (re)play 1-3 remakes first, so it might still be a while.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
            Just Finished: Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy (PS+ Premium)

PS2 era Naugthy Dog is unexplored territory for me. Which is strange because Jak and Daxter always seemed like the type of game I would enjoy, heck I definitely owned it at some point but this was my first serious attempt to complete it. Turns out my instincts were correct as I think the game is great. Sad as I was to see Naughty Dog abandon Crash after the excellent PS1 games, Jak and Daxter in many ways feels like a natural evolution of their work on that previous franchise. Instead of linear pseudo 3D platforming levels, here we have a fully realized and nearly seamless 3D sandbox to play in. The game was apparently a technical marvel at the time. The world is colorful and engaging. Daxter is a great original character, Jak was still a silent protagonist and not given much a personality in this game. The gameplay and control are enjoyable and easy to get the hang of. The game owes a lot to Super Mario 64. The one downside is that many of the goals to collect the power spheres comes down to collecting a certain number of different collectibles sprawled throughout the world. I attained 80 of the game's 101 spheres before conquering the final boss. I played the excellent Daxter on the PSP way back in the day, and even though that was a different studio, it felt good to experience the true origins of the franchise at last. I will get to the later 2 games at some point. Though apparently things take a dark and edgier turn. Will see if that is for the better or worse.

Score: 8/10

Full Completed 2023 List:

• Super Mario World (NSO)
            • Star Fox (NSO)
            • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
            • Donkey Kong Country (NSO)
            • The Legend of Zelda (NSO)
            • Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
            • Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
            • The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition (PS5)
            •  Bioshock Infinite: Complete Edition (PS4)
            • The World Ends With You Final Remix (Switch)
            • My Japanese Coach (DS)
            • Puppeteer (PS+ Premium)
            • Gravity Rush 2 (PS+ Extra)
            • Devil May Cry HD (PS+ Premium)
            • Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy (PS+ Premium)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

1) Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5
            2) Medium - PS5
            3) Ghostwire Tokyo - PS5
            4) Jedi Fallen Order - PS5
            5) Forspoken - PS5
            6) Shadow Warrior 2 - PS4
            7) Hogwarts Legacy - PS5
            8) Scarlet Nexus - PS5
            9) Oninaki - PS5
            10) The Pedestrian - PS4
            11) The Forgotten City - PS5
            12) Valkyrie Elysium - PS5
            13) Far Cry New Dawn - PS4
            14) HFW: Burning shores - PS5
            15) Erica - PS4
            16) TMNT: SR - PS5
            17) Dead Island 2 - PS5
            18) Gotham Knights - PS5
            19) Neo: The World Ends with you - PS4
            20) Trek to Yomi - PS4
            21) Final Fantasy XVI - PS5
            22) Alan Wake - PS4
            23) Dreams SP - PS4
            24) Star Wars Sky Walker Saga - PS5
            25) Tchia - PS5
            26) Resident Evil 4 Remake - PS5
            27) Warhammer Chaosbane - PS4

Let's see,

I beat Returnal, Yakuza Dead Souls, Grim Grimoire, and Sakuna of rice and ruin

Seems like I've gone over three months without updating my list, so here's four new games to my list (17-20).

Finished Games:

1. Monster Hunter World (+Iceborne) (PS4) My rating: 9/10
              • I spent roughly 150 hours playing through MHW, and I never once got tired of hunting monsters and trying to find more materials to craft new weapons and armor. I'm not sure what else I can say. Very few games can hold my interest for such a long time. An excellent game, and without question the best game in the series I've played.
            2. Superhot (PS4) My rating: 8/10
              • A fun puzzle game with a unique gimmick and a clever twist to its story. 
            3. Control (PS4) My rating: 9 / 10
              • Remedy's best game so far. I love the setting, story, characters, and gameplay. The developer has created a world that is wonderfully twisted in various small ways, leading to a constant sense of unease as nothing feels completely right, from the way characters act to the Oldest House itself. With two very good DLC releases as well, Control turned out to be one of the better games I've played in a while. In terms of complaints, the Hiss end up becoming slightly dull as enemies by the end of the game, and the upgrade and mod systems don't feel as impactful as I'd like. Regardless, this is an excellent game.
            4. Katamari Damacy REROLL (Switch) My rating: 8.5 / 10
              • A wonderful game to just lean back and relax for a while. Something delightfully cathartic to just roll everything in sight into a giant rolling ball of destruction. It's an utterly silly game, but the only other option would be sheer horror, so it's perfect.
            5. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC) My rating: 8.5 / 10
              • Been on a really good roll when it comes to video games lately, and Senua's Sacrifice was another great game to add to the list. Ninja Theory have long been one of my favourite developers, but I didn't get around to this game until now for whatever reason. Still, I'm glad I finally did because it's great. The story is well-told and intriguing, but the true star here is Senua herself and her characterization as a person losing her grip on reality and suffering from psychosis. Melina Juergens does an exceptional job in the lead role. It's genuinely one of the best performances I've ever seen in a video game. I also love how the environment adds to this sense of lost control, as it shifts around Senua and makes her see things that might not actually be there. The puzzles where the player has to find patterns in the environment or align certain parts of it are also fitting considering Senua as a character. The weakest aspect of the game is definitely the combat, which while fun in small doses, gets really repetitive after a while, and fighting more than one enemy at a time can be exceptionally frustrating. That's the one aspect I hope the sequel improves upon.
            6. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) My Rating: 8 / 10
              • A fun, rhythm action game with a few shortcomings that keep if from true greatness. The Hyrule setting is great, and the gameplay is a lot of fun once you get accustomed to it. I played the game through with my wife in co-op, and for the most part it's a great for that. There are a few battles that feel a bit unfair in co-op, but otherwise no issues with the game.
            7. Cosmic Star Heroine (PC) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
              • Basically a tribute to classic SNES era JRPGs with some modern concessions. The battle system is fast-paced and fun, the story moves at a very brisk pace, and the characters are instantly identifiable as separate people. However, the pace of the story is bit too fast, as very few moments get time to breathe, and as a result end up lacking in impact. It also leaves many of the characters woefully underdeveloped. The game could have taken a little more time to let the story develop. Now, even after doing most of the sidequests, I finished the game in little over 10 hours. It could have used just a few more hours for its story. Still, this is a fun game that definitely doesn't overstay its welcome.
            8. Super Mario RPG (SNES) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
              • I had never actually finished Super Mario RPG before. I had played the very beginning a long time ago on an emulator, but I figured that since I have the SNES classic I should finally get around to playing it properly. I did, and it's good. It's a simple, lighthearted, RPG with a nice, quirky sense of humour and an enjoyable battle system. Not among the console's (or Square's) finest RPGs, but a thoroughly fun time regardless.
            9. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (PS4) My Rating: 8 / 10
              • The first game in the Atelier-series I've actually played, though I've had my eyes on it for a long time. A relaxing, relatively easy RPG with a decent storyline, good cast, surprisingly varied battle system, and an item creation system that actually becomes very deep as the game progresses. Overall, I had a lot of fun with this one, and I'll probably come back for the sequels too at some point.
            10. The Legend of Dragoon (PS4) My Rating: 10 /10
              • I've talked about this one enough already. One of my favourite games ever. I do wish they would have done a little more with this rerelease, even if it was just an updated translation, because the English language script is just awful, and is easily the worst part of the game. The voice acting is the one other notable shortcoming, though that's more a sign of the era it was released in than anything else.
            11. Pinstripe (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
              • A 2D platformer with a cool art style and responsive gameplay. Not very challenging either. The story is quite good, with a few nice twists thrown in near the end. It is, however, very short, my one playthrough clocking in at barely 2.5 hours. There are two endings, so you can get more out of the game if you want. Nothing groundbreaking or exceptional, but a solid title nonetheless.
            12. AER: Memories of Old (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
              • A relaxing open world game where the focus is heavily on just flying around the world solving simple puzzles and listening to the story unfold. A nice little game to just wind down and experience once. The idea of a character being able to just turn into a bird at will and fly around the world freely is something I'd like to see explored more in games.
            13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS3) My Rating: 9/10
              • The third time I've played through DS2. Still the weakest in the series, still great, though I have to admit the game's flaws become more and more apparent as time passes and new games show how things can be done better. Will probably fall down a bit in my year end top 50.
            14. Astro's Playroom (PS5) My Rating: 8/10
              • Finally bought a PS5 for myself, and it felt fitting to play Astro's Playroom first. A genuinely fun, nostalgia-filled journey through the history of PlayStation. An easy game to play, but it's a perfect showcase for the controller, and I had a smile on my face through most of the game as I came across all the little nods, references and Easter eggs to past games and consoles found everywhere. 
            15. Horizon Forbidden West + Burning Shores (PS5) My Rating: 9/10
              • Still a bit unsure about the score I would give the game, but to put it simply, if Elden Ring wasn't a thing, Forbidden West would be my new all-time favourite open world game ever. Now its "only" second best. I spent almost 90 hours in this game over the last few weeks, and I never once got bored of playing it. I loved the expanded gameplay options from the first game, the increased focus on character development, the continuation of the story to some really unexpected directions, and the setting in general. While the first game felt like Aloy's journey to discover the history of the world as well as her own past, FW was much more about her learning to trust others and forging closer relationships with people, while obviously also fighting to save the world. In addition, Burning Shores is a frontrunner for the best DLC of the year thus far. 
            16. Valkyria Chronicles (PS4) My Rating: 9.5/10
              • This was my third time playing through Valkyria Chronicles after I realized that it had been almost ten years since I last played it. Still remains one of my all-time favourite games, with a great story, excellent characters, beautiful visuals, a satisfying battle system, and one of Hitoshi Sakimoto's best scores, which is saying a lot. 
            17. The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero (PS4) My Rating: 8.5/10
              • The 8th game in The Legend of Heroes-series I've finished, and I have to say it's one of the weaker ones as a whole. Admittedly, the bar for me is quite high when it comes to this series, and even a game this good isn't among the best in it. Basically, this is still an excellent game in just about every aspect, but the characters, storyline, and music just don't quite reach the heights of the Trails in the Sky or Trails of Cold Steel subseries.
            18. Gravity Rush (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
              • Another replay I decided to do when I realized it'd been almost six years since I played Gravity Rush. Still a thoroughly enjoyable game, with unique gameplay revolving around the use of gravity, a fascinating world, and an interesting set of main characters. Need to replay the sequel at some point as well.
            19. Stray (PS5) My Rating: 8/10
              • Another game with a wonderfully realized world, a beautiful visual style, and certainly a unique perspective from which the player experiences it. Stray may not be a masterpiece, but it certainly warranted the hype it received from being "the cat game". A fun journey that lasts just long enough, and doesn't overstay its welcome. Perhaps a continuation at some point gives us a look at the wider world that was largely just hinted at here.
            20. FAR: Lone Sails (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
              • A simple, quite intentionally straightforward game that lets the players' imagination fill in the finer details of the game's world and story. A short experience as well, as my first time playthrough was done in well under three hours. While I most likely will never go back to it, the time I spent with FAR: Lone Sails was enjoyable, and I'm glad I played it. Very much a game where the journey matters more than the destination.

Actively Playing:

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC)
            • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch) (main game finished, just the extra story left to complete)

Games in Queue:

• Persona 5 Royal
            • The Witcher-trilogy
            • Final Fantasy XVI
            • Octopath Traveller II
            • Demon's Souls
            • Nier: Replicant
            • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
            • Tales of Vesperia
            • Yakuza Kiwami
            • Kingdom Hearts III
            • Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir 
            • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
            • God of War: Ragnarök
            • ...and too many others to list

Not played many (new) games this year but so far....

Final Fantasy XVI
            Diablo IV
            Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
            The Quarry
            Far Cry 3