By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the Best Game You Played in 2022 ?

JackHandy said:

Super Metroid.

You've never played Super Metroid before?

Around the Network

It's Xenoblade 3. Though it's kinda unsurprisingly due to the game insane qualities but also that I simply don't play too many games that aren't released in the same year usually. Unless I dabble through my DS/3DS backlog

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Kakadu18 said:
JackHandy said:

Super Metroid.

You've never played Super Metroid before?

To be fair, the thread title doesn't specify that.

Alien Isolation for me.

Best 2022 release I have played so far- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Best game from a previous year I have played in 2022- Witcher 3: Complete Edition with next-gen update

Can I say CP77 (again) coz I replayed it (again) lol … but for real i should say Elden Ring. ER exceeded my expectations and was everything I could ever ask for in an open world souls and rightfully should be my best game of 2022 but it’s not. I replayed the Dragon Age Trilogy this year and the one title that I never really cared for first time through I couldn’t put down this time around, that being Dragon Age Inquisition. I can’t even explain it but playing em all back to back really gave me a different view on DA:I and I loved every second of it.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Hades, Yuko's Delivery Service or Horizon FW for me.

Hmm, pie.

Best 3DS: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Best GameCube: Super Smash Bros Melee
Best Switch: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Best PS1: Soul Blade
Best PS3: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Best PS4: Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Best Xbox: Gears of War Ultimate
Best PC: Tekken 7

Overall I would say either Tekken 7 or Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Last edited by BasilZero - on 01 January 2023

I would say Portal, first time ever, blew my mind, the unexpected lore and backstory to a simple puzzle game, absolutely stunning

Kirby and the forgotten land.

I definitely had an off gaming year. I’ve had a job change and haven’t been able to condone major game purchases throughout the year. I think the most I spent on a game (and it was an EShop card gift) was No Man’s Sky at $39.99.

So I’ve spent a lot of time with indie titles, but I don’t think that’s been a bad thing. Astroneer was a ton of fun, even though late in my game I started getting a game breaking bug which I resolved by deleting some files.

But my favorite game of the year would actually probably be Autonauts, a game about coding robots to perform resource gathering, crafting, and base construction. I love those types of games anyway, but to have to use coding to make these little robots perform simple tasks made me understand computer language better than I ever thought I would.

The game hooked me in with its cute trailer but won me over with its very cerebral implementation.

Astroneer might be my second favorite, only beating out No Man’s Sky because I played it first.