By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the Best Game You Played in 2022 ?

I am not asking what is the best new game released in 2022 that you played, I am asking what is the very best game you played for the first time this year, regardless of what year that game released.

For instance, BOTW was the best game I played for the first time in 2020, even though the game released in 2017.

So out of all the games that you played for the first time this year, which one was your favorite? (2022 releases also acceptable)

The best game that I played to completion this year is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on PS3.

How about you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Elden Ring

Usually that is the case for me. The best game I play during any given year is very rarely released during that year. This year, however, the best game I played was Elden Ring, no question. Other great titles I finished for the first time this year would be Spiritfarer, The Last of Us Part II, and Valkyria Chronicles 4, but Elden Ring was in a league of its own in 2022.

Horizon: Forbidden West

Elden Ring

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is objectively the best I played this year but my favorite game this year is...

SOULSTICE! I have wanted Capcom to make a Berserk game for years! I love the Berserk game on Dreamcast tho it's very flawed and came out a year before DMC pioneered the genre. So I have wsnted Itsuno to make one. I don't think that is happening anytime soon but Soulstice is as close as I will get for now. It plays really well. Several different weapon types and abilities. It's not quite as smooth as DMC by any means but still good. Stefani Joosten voices both main characters.

I have no idea what music is in this video as it's not from the game but a taste of the combat.

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 December 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Horizon Forbidden West was my favorite game of the year, although I haven't played God of War R yet. I finally got to Cyberpunk this year, and it ended up being my 2nd favorite game that I played this year which surprised me. Lost Judgement rounds out my top 3 favorite games that I played this year.

Outer Wilds. I reviewed it too!

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/455377/outer-wilds-xs/

Aokana: Four Rhythms Across the Blue is my favorite game I played for the first time this year. Danganronpa 2 comes in second.

I discovered the visual novel genre this year for myself and played a lot of great visual novels. The highest quality even if not my favorite one this year was probably The House in Fata Morgana.

Super Metroid.