By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the Best Game You Played in 2022 ?

Elden Ring easily.

Around the Network

Tbh The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe but if we r only counting fully new experiences as I had played the original The Last of Us was my fav new first playthrough

Kakadu18 said:
JackHandy said:

To each their own, I suppose. I think Super Metroid's controls are perfection!

Did you play it on Switch, or some other emulator? I'm playing it on a real cart, via CRT. So if you used an emulator, maybe that's why our experiences are so different (no input lag on CRT/cart etc). I can't play even play Mario 3 on Switch. The input lag is too severe. 

I played it on Switch with a SNES controller. Didn't notice any input lag. The game is just slow and feels imprecise. I played through Super Mario Bros. 3 the same way and it was fantastic. Metroid Samus Returns felt better to me despite me getting hand cramps from the 3DS

That's what it is then, lag input. If you had the actual carts on hand and played them on a CRT to A/B them, you'd notice it immediately.

Last year, or maybe the year before, I had decided to use the living room Switch for playing NES and SNES games in a pinch, since my real consoles are all downstairs, hooked up to a CRT etc. and it's not always that practical.

At first, it was all right. But when I started playing SMB3, and noticed how much harder the game was, I went downstairs, popped the real game in and--since I was use to the lag--blew through it like some sort of speed runner on crack. It was that much of a difference; like trying to run underwater vs down a steep slope. 

I'd suggest trying Super Metroid properly if you get the chance. Maybe your opinion won't change, but I bet it will. 

Tunic or plague tale... If I had to pick one...

Tunic. Just...

Elden Ring.

But HoloCure was really addictive as well.

Around the Network

Best game I played for the first time this year would probably be Persona 5 Strikers, had fun all the way through it.

Elden Ring was also very fun, but also had some low points.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 was great fun too.

Honestly a great year of older and new games.

TLoU2, na mean

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Besides some big releases like ragnarok and elden ring, Road 96 and It Takes Two really stuck with me.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Ori are two of the best games I've ever played...period.

Either Kirby and The Forgotten Land or Xenoblade Chronicles 3.