By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 51, 2022 (12 Dec - 18 Dec)

next week is Christmas I would not doubt the ps5 reach 100,000 units. Jin Ryan said he will send well over stocks to Asia this late quarter.

Around the Network

It's a bit surprising to me that Microsoft hasn't shipped any additional consoles to Japan for the holiday season.

Switch sales on par with last year is better than expected.

Oled is sold out :(
Nintendo is a mess , can not supply enough switchs in its 6th year

Excellent PS5 numbers, the only console that is up year over year. Hopefully the stock holds.

Xbox has completely bottomed out since the end of the September as the only decent sales weeks was when Series S was 5000 yen off and is now being outsold by PS4 this holiday. Not a good look for them, it's no wonder a lot Japanese games skip the platform and just wait for Gamepass money years later.

It's likely that Famitsu overtracked Xbox Series and is trying to get closer to MediaCreate's tracking which had it selling half as much as of a few months ago. We'll have a better idea by MediaCreate's next update.

Good to see PS5 selling well. About time Sony sent more stock to their homeland. I can see 2023 crushing this year's numbers, and 2024 being the peak year both worldwide and in Japan.

Switch is amazing as usual.

Around the Network

The PS5 should do well here next year as long as there is enough stock. Seeing how it did in Spain as well it's set for a really good week worldwide.

Switch has to be the most profitable console ever. I mean this little machine just keeps selling without a price cut in its 6th year while breaking all kinds of software sales records. Damn!!

znake said:

Oled is sold out :(
Nintendo is a mess , can not supply enough switchs in its 6th year

Every year in Japan has some low stock. Sony have 2 years problems with stock and a genius then?

ShadowLink93 said:

Looking at 2022 VS 2019 numbers, I've been like this for a few weeks:

Valdney said:

Switch has to be the most profitable console ever. I mean this little machine just keeps selling without a price cut in its 6th year while breaking all kinds of software sales records. Damn!!

Indeed, it is. It's more profitable than Wii and DS combined.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/06/nintendo-breaks-video-game-profit-record-and-beats-wii-and-ds-era-14529262/