By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Great interview by Matty with Todd. Also happy to learn Starfield DLC will be more focused on a region/planet so exploration will be like the usual Bethesda experience.

Around the Network
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Great interview by Matty with Todd. Also happy to learn Starfield DLC will be more focused on a region/planet so exploration will be like the usual Bethesda experience.

Same here! And knowing this expansion will be focused on House Va'ruun makes this news all the much sweeter

I was more surprised to hear that Todd wants Starfield to get annual expansions without elaborating for how long. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Same here! And knowing this expansion will be focused on House Va'ruun makes this news all the much sweeter

I was more surprised to hear that Todd wants Starfield to get annual expansions without elaborating for how long. 

Yeah, I doubt we will get more than two big expansions but who knows

G2ThaUNiT said:

Yeah, I doubt we will get more than two big expansions but who knows

2 seems likely, yeah. 2 premium story expansions was all Fallout 4 got and it was a bigger success than Starfield (Fallout 4 seemed to sell somewhere around 17-19m copies in the first 14 months, Starfield is at 14m players, with Gamepass, after 9 months, sales probably not even half that amount). Fallout 4 got Nuka-World and Far Harbor as premium story expansions with new map areas. Fallout 4 did additionally get some new story content in it's Automatron and Vault-Tec Workshop DLC's, but they weren't full on premium story expansions with new map areas, their quests took part in the main game map and they each only added around 2-3 hours of story quests. It is worth noting though that Nuka World and Far Harbor were pretty substantial in size, they each added about twice the hours of content as each of Fallout 3's premium story DLC's.

Even Skyrim, by far their most successful game to date, only got 2 premium story expansions, Dawnguard and Dragonborn, it's 3rd was focused on player housing and adopting children.

Gone are the days where Bethesda would do like 5 premium story expansions for their singleplayer games like Fallout 3 got. Game development takes longer than it used to in those days, and honestly Bethesda is somewhat undersized for a AAA dev considering they are trying to work on Starfield DLC, Elder Scrolls 6, and Fallout 76 DLC all at once with around 500 devs. 

Starfield will presumably get 2 premium story DLC's, official mod support, maybe a base construction expansion or some new randomly generated planets to explore, and that will be that, time to move on fully to Elder Scrolls 6 so that it doesn't take until like 2030 to release.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 June 2024

This was what the Jez Mistwalker tease was about by the way. Square Enix funded a Fantasian full multiplat console port, with 4K, an easier difficulty mode, and voice acting added in as well (there was no voice acting in the original Apple Arcade release). Jez was just wrong about it being an Xbox showcase announcement, it was actually done today for the Nintendo direct.

Around the Network

Japanese titles announced for Xbox.

• Ace Attorney Investigations Collection
  • Fantasian: Neo Dimension
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D + I & II Remakes
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 June 2024

Capcom skipping Xbox yet again, this time on the Marvel Vs Capcom Arcade Fighting Classic Collection.

shikamaru317 said:

Capcom skipping Xbox yet again, this time on the Marvel Vs Capcom Arcade Fighting Classic Collection.

Not for Ace Attorney though.

I saw speculation once that one of Capcom's older engines are no longer supported on Xbox One/Series.

There's no way Ace Attorney will sell better on Xbox than Marvel vs Capcom, Lol. Has to be another reason.

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, weird omission.

Still, I'm excited for this - been wanting a way to play the older Marvel VS Capcom games since I missed out on Origins on PS3 and never played the prior ones to that - except for MvsC2 which I had on PS2.

We got some new Xbox+Nintendo love energy: https://www.purexbox.com/features/reaction-xbox-and-nintendo-continue-to-deliver-with-major-summer-showcases

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]