By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
VersusEvil said:

MS is the only company that cares about game preservation coz the other 2 know they can just resell an older game for £70. Good guy MS.

Hell, sometimes said remake/remaster fundamentally alters the original's art design & atmosphere in the process too.

Around the Network

Well, if we didn’t need even MORE proof that Xbox was going 3rd party

Looking at the reaction from the PlayStation community around Hellblade 2 is safe to say MS have a winner on their hands. More crying = more better. 

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 06 April 2024

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Looking at the reaction from the PlayStation community around Hellblade 2 is safe to say MS have a winner on their hands. More crying = more better. 

On the 60fps or something else?  Those on the Playstation board complain about any game that isn't 60fps.  I'm not sure if it's actually Playstation fans or the PC elite that comes in to rub it in that PlayStation and Xbox games can't hit 60fps.

LOL, pointing out that game preservation isn't about physical vs. digital brings instantly up accusations of being an Xbox fanboy - this is incredible. The moment the something is colored with team colors, all reason is abandoned and it only is about making points for ones team. I even pointed out how GOG is great for game preservation (not affiliated with any of the console makers) yet it still is fanboyism somehow...

Towards the news about Sarah Bond forming a game preservation team I am in a wait and see position, waiting to see something actually coming from it and not being just a corporate commitee designed to make them look like doing something and in the end only recommending lukewarm stuff.

That said, the backwards compatibility and availability of old titles in the shop is a great thing. I bought some 360 titles of the shop and it works fine. So props for that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

LOL, pointing out that game preservation isn't about physical vs. digital brings instantly up accusations of being an Xbox fanboy - this is incredible. The moment the something is colored with team colors, all reason is abandoned and it only is about making points for ones team. I even pointed out how GOG is great for game preservation (not affiliated with any of the console makers) yet it still is fanboyism somehow...

Towards the news about Sarah Bond forming a game preservation team I am in a wait and see position, waiting to see something actually coming from it and not being just a corporate commitee designed to make them look like doing something and in the end only recommending lukewarm stuff.

That said, the backwards compatibility and availability of old titles in the shop is a great thing. I bought some 360 titles of the shop and it works fine. So props for that.

Yeah, physical media is only one part of games preservation, digital is another part of games preservation and in actual fact PC is the best platform for games preservation which is almost entirely digital, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 April 2024

Fallout getting some very strong reviews from people who have watched the first two episodes.

If MS was smart they would release a remake of F3 or NV right around now, say what you will about Sony remaking/remastering games but they know how to capitalise.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

If MS was smart they would release a remake of F3 or NV right around now, say what you will about Sony remaking/remastering games but they know how to capitalise.

They want people on Fallout 76, which is smart in its own right. 

Cabronakis said:
VersusEvil said:

They want people on Fallout 76, which is smart in its own right. 

But people want good games. Instead of trying to push people into their services, maybe they could try actually giving them want they want for a change. Some people might consider that smart.