By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BasilZero said:
chakkra said:

Count me on the crazy camp. This small studio was founded in 2015 and has already released several games that have gotten more acceptance from the public than most of the games put out by some of the veteran studios that Microsoft acquired recently. I mean, metacritic scores and award nominations are cool, but in the end mean nothing if nobody plays your damn game.

You do realize that you just made a list of SP games of various genres (ranging from niche genres to popular genres) and compared them to a Open World Online MP game right that pretty much copied from Zelda Breath of the Wild right?

You know..the games that people get - play it once and drop it after finishing the main campaign lol

Currently 511 players for a MP oriented game (with a 27,000 all time peak to boot) is pretty piss poor especially since Craftopia should be compared to these games as follow

You say metacritic and award nominations...but the more recent reviews of Craftopia are downvoting it because the developers abandoned Craftopia for Palword. Craftopia has been on Early access since 2020, we're in 2024.

I'd be surprised if Palworld ever gets off of Early Access cause like what Ryu just posted, the developers are clueless. They got lucky with Palworld. They should count their blessings.

Yeah, my impression. I am actually a little impressed that they simply did go for it, without much knowledge and resources. Takes balls. But at this point, with this lucky success, they have to reinvest to get better. I hope they do, they can morph into a decent dev.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Mojang Crying RN.

Lmao. Seriously though I do agree we should wait first, I expect it will collapse over the next few weeks and then stabilise, I also think MS would be wary first about all the accusations surrounding the designs being ripped off from Pokemon which I mean, some of them very clearly are, Lol. Multiple lawyers said there's nothing illegal about it but MS cares so much about its PR image

There's so much toxicity around the game right now as well, Pokemon fans raging, the CEO has said some dumb stuff about AI. There are accusations the game itself uses AI but there's zero actual proof of that (not to mention the game was in development way before ideas like AI being used to create designs was even a thing) and I think we should be careful about accusing a game of being AI made just because we don't like it.

Despite that, it's sitting at 93% on Steam still and it's not just a meme game, people are very clearly enjoying it a lot.

Developers of Palworld already receiving death threats though, fucking gamers can't ever be normal.

Oh, well damn - you sure are right about that.

But I doubt we'll be seeing a Palword Dungeons, Palword Legends or a movie about Palword anytime soon lol

hellobion2 said:

Hey guys I have a question do any of you use the Duke Controller from Hyperkin in playing your games because I was thinking of buying one?

There's a new xbox controller coming out in the summer, would wait for that personally.

Now that they're rolling in money they can hire developers from Gamefreak *kappa*.

But seriously now that they are rolling in money they can hire a lot of very smart and skilled people, better do it fast though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 January 2024

Or pull a Phill Fish and run with the money.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

BasilZero said:
chakkra said:

Count me on the crazy camp. This small studio was founded in 2015 and has already released several games that have gotten more acceptance from the public than most of the games put out by some of the veteran studios that Microsoft acquired recently. I mean, metacritic scores and award nominations are cool, but in the end mean nothing if nobody plays your damn game.

You do realize that you just made a list of SP games of various genres (ranging from niche genres to popular genres) and compared them to a Open World Online MP game right that pretty much copied from Zelda Breath of the Wild right?

You know..the games that people get - play it once and drop it after finishing the main campaign lol

Currently 511 players for a MP oriented game (with a 27,000 all time peak to boot) is pretty piss poor especially since Craftopia should be compared to these games as follow

You say metacritic and award nominations...but the more recent reviews of Craftopia are downvoting it because the developers abandoned Craftopia for Palword. Craftopia has been on Early access since 2020, we're in 2024.

I'd be surprised if Palworld ever gets off of Early Access cause like what Ryu just posted, the developers are clueless. They got lucky with Palworld. They should count their blessings.

Edit: Also several games? They only released 4 games.

So.. you want me to compare it to other multiplayer games.. okay, sure, here we go..

Here is the thing, while you look at these people and see a bunch of "clueless" developers. I see a bunch of people that are looking around and assessing what exactly people want and are giving it to them. They are not trying to be "creative, artistic, innovative" or none of that nonsense that gamers love to say they want but then reject when they actually get it (See: Immortality and Pentiment); Nope, they are looking around, determining what exactly people want, and are giving it to them (and are now showering in money because of it). Yep, those are exactly the kind of "clueless" people that I would want on my team.

chakkra said:

So.. you want me to compare it to other multiplayer games.. okay, sure, here we go..

Here is the thing, while you look at these people and see a bunch of "clueless" developers. I see a bunch of people that are looking around and assessing what exactly people want and are giving it to them. They are not trying to be "creative, artistic, innovative" or none of that nonsense that gamers love to say they want but then reject when they actually get it (See: Immortality and Pentiment); Nope, they are looking around, determining what exactly people want, and are giving it to them (and are now showering in money because of it). Yep, those are exactly the kind of "clueless" people that I would want on my team.

You are just randomly searching up games from Microsoft.

Its bad enough you are posting random list of Single player games with MP capability but the funniest thing is you listed Gears Tactics which doesnt even have MP so I know you arent even serious in this discussion lol

Here's better examples of Multiplayer games and how they should be performing as such after falling off the popularity phase.

The developers of Palworld got lucky because they combined Pokemon with Guns. Two popular things.

They made like 4 games and only one actually succeeded, we'll see how long it lasts and if they are able to produce another one.

Looking at their history (and whats been revealed in terms of their development team) and how they abandoned Craftopia, yeah doesnt look good.

BasilZero said:
chakkra said:

You are just randomly searching up games from Microsoft.

Could it be because we're talking about Microsoft acquiring this studio and I'm trying to prove that it wouldnt the worst idea when compared to the other acquisitions they have made?

But anyways, all of this is silly, it is not like my opinion (or yours) will have any impact on what they will end up doing in reality. So let's just wait and see what happens.

chakkra said:

Could it be because we're talking about Microsoft acquiring this studio and I'm trying to prove that it wouldnt the worst idea when compared to the other acquisitions they have made?

But anyways, all of this is silly, it is not like my opinion (or yours) will have any impact on what they will end up doing in reality. So let's just wait and see what happens.

Fine by me.