By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2022) Switch 114.33 million

Torpoleon said:

Do you guys think Ring Fit can outsell both Wii Fit titles (obviously not combined)? I think there's definitely a good possibility. Only needs about 8 million over the remainder of the Switch's life. I could see it selling about 23 million, possibly even 25 million by the end of its life, so it's a yes from me. I could even see it remaining in the top 10, although barely.

No chance. 20mil at most. It's been on a steep decline this year. Thus far it has shipped 560k in the first quarter this year, 450k in the second and only 330k in the third. Last year it sold 1.43mil, 1.15mil, 950k and 1.32mil in each quarter. It slowed down significantly.

It's not "only" 8mil. If it doesn't slow down further it will need almost 4 years from now to reach Wii Fit. And it will slow down further. But don't forget Minecraft. That one's definitely over 10mil already.

And about other games topping 10mil, I don't see Super Mario Maker 2 reaching it. 9mil tops. Kirby is possible but not very likely.

Always having such extremely high expectations quickly leads to disappointment.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 14 November 2022

Around the Network

The Switch version of Monster Hunter Rise may very well top 10 million as well, but frustratingly we'll probably never know, as they combine Switch and PC sales for their reported numbers.

But yes, Minecraft is almost certainly over the mark, though again, we're unlikely to ever get confirmation.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Switch sucessor is coming in Spring 2025!!

With Nintendo Switch about to pass DS and Wii in total software sales i have gone through Nintendo's earnings reports and compiled yearly software sales for each platform, unfortunately i can't find any software data before the N64.

* Two quarters remaining of FY6 for Nintendo Switch, forecast to sell 210 million (very conservative).

By the end of FY 10 Nintendo DS software totaled 946.97 million, it since sold an additional 1.79 million units.
By the end of FY10 Nintendo Wii software totaled 917.85 million, it has since sold an additional 4.00 million units.
By the end of FY 10 Nintendo 3DS software totaled 386.48 million, it has since sold an additional 3.38 million units.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 20 November 2022

ShadowLink93 said:

With Nintendo Switch about to pass DS and Wii in total software sales i have gone through Nintendo's earnings reports and compiled yearly software sales for each platform, unfortunately i can't find any software data before the N64.

* Two quarters remaining of FY6 for Nintendo Switch, forecast to sell 210 million (very conservative).

By the end of FY 10 Nintendo DS software totaled 946.97 million, it since sold an additional 1.79 million units.
By the end of FY10 Nintendo Wii software totaled 917.85 million, it has since sold an additional 4.00 million units.
By the end of FY 10 Nintendo 3DS software totaled 386.48 million, it has since sold an 3.38 million units.

Shadowlink93 you're very into the Switch sales just like trunkswd I'm not good at these but you help VGchartz so much ^^

Guess which version of Hatsune Miku this is? She has my Birth stone color turqoise in her eyes, And I'm most honest Sega Saturn lover alltime.Picture far right is Sega first Real Mascot. Represents my birth animal the helpful Bunny want you to find his name.My ruling Planet is Saturn if connect the Birth month I was born and year.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Shadowlink93 you're very into the Switch sales just like trunkswd I'm not good at these but you help VGchartz so much ^^

Thanks.

Switch is on track to sell more software than NES, SNES, and N64 combined.

Will probably end up selling x3 as many games as the 3DS too.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

@curl-6 Should be able to easily sell 3x as many games as 3DS by the end of its life. As a matter of fact, it should be almost there by the end of the current FY.

curl-6 said:

Switch has sold more software than the NES, SNES, and N64 combined, and it's still going strong.

Will probably end up selling x3 as many games as the 3DS too.

You could almost make the joke that MK8DX alone will have sold more than about half of the WiiU's total software sales 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

On a good note, it might seem like a "small" increase for what what was considered like a big push by Nintendo this summer, but seeing the healthy growth of the Xenoblade franchise with now Xenoblade 3 having the best debut quarter in the series is just awesome for Monolith Soft hardwork in the matter.

It's recognition among the gaming community hasn't cessed to gain strengh, now helped by it's nomination in the TGA, and I bet you easily that if Monolith Soft were to release a new game in the franchise for the next Nintendo system, it'll easily grow in numbers again.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 21 November 2022

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909