By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2022) Switch 114.33 million

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Switch has sold more software than the NES, SNES, and N64 combined, and it's still going strong.

Will probably end up selling x3 as many games as the 3DS too.

You could almost make the joke that MK8DX alone will have sold more than about half of the WiiU's total software sales 

Far out, you're not wrong!

The Switch has already sold more hardware than the Wii U sold software.

Heck, the entire top 10 selling Switch games have each sold more than the total amount of Wii U consoles.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

You could almost make the joke that MK8DX alone will have sold more than about half of the WiiU's total software sales 

Far out, you're not wrong!

The Switch has already sold more hardware than the Wii U sold software.

Heck, the entire top 10 selling Switch games have each sold more than the total amount of Wii U consoles.

*Sigh* Honestly, when we get this into the perspective of one of the best performing console of all time currently, how revoltingly upset should we be about the performance of the WiiU during that generation ...

Good thing is I'm sure the next console from Nintendo will most likely not follow a similar path from the Wii to WiiU mistake by virtue of having it's biggest franchises on a unique console which will most likely make it reach really good results in any case.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

You could almost make the joke that MK8DX alone will have sold more than about half of the WiiU's total software sales 

Far out, you're not wrong!

The Switch has already sold more hardware than the Wii U sold software.

Heck, the entire top 10 selling Switch games have each sold more than the total amount of Wii U consoles.

This shows how poor the Wii U sold and the insane turnaround Nintendo has had with the Switch. Lets hope they don't repeat the Wii U's mistakes with its next console. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Switch has sold more software than the NES, SNES, and N64 combined, and it's still going strong.

Will probably end up selling x3 as many games as the 3DS too.

You could almost make the joke that MK8DX alone will have sold more than about half of the WiiU's total software sales 

And that is with MK8 also on the Wii U.



By the end of the Switches life it will be the highest selling system and total sold software of all time. The switch will blow waaaay past 1 billion total software sales



我是广州人

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Switch has sold more software than the NES, SNES, and N64 combined, and it's still going strong.

Will probably end up selling x3 as many games as the 3DS too.

You could almost make the joke that MK8DX alone will have sold more than about half of the WiiU's total software sales 

It will be there after this holiday quarter. In the end it'll be at more than two thirds of the WiiU's total software sales.



MK8D and Animal Crossing together could come to matching the total amount of software sold by Wii U.
2 games, vs an entire library. Absolutely insane.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

curl-6 said:

MK8D and Animal Crossing together could come to matching the total amount of software sold by Wii U.
2 games, vs an entire library. Absolutely insane.

They could be there by this time next year.



Lifetime, MK8D will outsell the NES, Animal Crossing the SNES, and BOTW and Smash Ultimate the N64.

To date, 6 Switch games have outsold the 3DS's highest selling game (Mario Kart 7) and and Switch has twice as many 20 million plus sellers as the DS.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Ashadelo said:

By the end of the Switches life it will be the highest selling system and total sold software of all time. The switch will blow waaaay past 1 billion total software sales

It think the mark to beat is 1,537k software from the PS2. It's certainly doable but it'll be close.



Signature goes here!