By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avatar: The Way of Water | Official Trailer

No 4K version? Regardless not sure if watching or not. Trailers are very spoilery these days.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

No 4K version? Regardless not sure if watching or not. Trailers are very spoilery these days.

Not this one. As best we can tell, "Humans are back, Jake and Neytiri's kid is having visions". That's pretty much all we get from the trailer. IT's shockingly non-spoilery.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I thought this was about The Last Airbender... I am disappoint...

Runa216 said:
haxxiy said:

Not this one. As best we can tell, "Humans are back, Jake and Neytiri's kid is having visions". That's pretty much all we get from the trailer. IT's shockingly non-spoilery.

I mean, from a single frame I accidentally saw I could already tell that

Spoiler!
Quadrich is back in an avatar body and apparently found his remains

So I'm not going to risk it.

I'm really curious about how this movie's going to perform. I don't think it will come anywhere near the numbers the first one did, but will this be succesfull, or will it flop?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Should've known better than to preemptively assume The Batman would go down as "Wettest Film of 2022."

haxxiy said:
Runa216 said:

I mean, from a single frame I accidentally saw I could already tell that

Spoiler!
Quadrich is back in an avatar body and apparently found his remains

So I'm not going to risk it.

Oshit I didn't even see that! AWESOME! 

coolbeans said:

Should've known better than to preemptively assume The Batman would go down as "Wettest Film of 2022."

I mean, Black Panther Wakanda Forever is literally a movie about going to war with Atlantis, soo....

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Closing in on a billion at the box office, but apparently it needs to make close to two billion just to break even.

Chris Hu said:

Closing in on a billion at the box office, but apparently it needs to make close to two billion just to break even.

I'm genuinely curious how JC arrived at that figure.  He reportedly filmed the 2nd and 3rd movie at the same time, plus a little of the 4th, with the highest estimates putting this combined budget at 500 Million.  2 Billion sounds like an unusually high break-even target for the 2nd and 3rd movie combined, let alone just one of them.  Maybe Disney is taking a bigger slice of the box office revenue than normal, I don't know.  

Chris Hu said:

Yeah, in 2 different interviews Cameron said it needed to either be the 5th highest grossing movie of all time or the 8th highest just to break even. That puts it's break-even point somewhere between Lion King 2019 ($1.66b) and Avengers: Infinity War ($2.05b). With the movie currently at $955m after 2 weekends and 1 week, and the 2nd weekend being down by 58%, it's not a great sign for the kind of legs needed to hit break even. It had a strong post-Christmas Monday though, bringing in $32m domestic and about $65m international, which may be a sign of the legs starting to improve.