By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best first party Switch exclusive

I don't think it is exclusive, but triangle strategy was superb in every way.

Around the Network

Based on the criteria, I'd have to go with Super Mario Odyssey. Just such an imaginative game that ran beautifully and felt like what I wanted the design of SM64 to become (instead of what we got with Sunshine). The creativity of the transformation mechanic is impressive and the game is fun the whole time.

Dread would be second, but Odyssey definitely wins this for me.

Super Mario Odyssey for making me smile and giving me so many things I wanted in a Mario game. It's the best Mario game.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Animal Crossing: New Horizons are close.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I love the sheer variety of opinions in here.

Metroid Dread takes the cake for me. It was my first playthrough of a Metroid game and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Such a fantastic game; pristine animation, challenging boss fights, stunning visuals - but above anything else, the level design which is GENIUS. The way Dread makes you feel completely lost and confused but you always find the right way to go, what an achievement.

mZuzek said:
padib said:

Thanks. I know what's true, so I stand by it.

Anyway, no dying is happening here.

We all die eventually. I think that's what that term means, right? That even when you die, which hopefully is a long time away, you'll still be defending this opinion. Um, sorry, "truth".

Sure we all die eventually. But no I'm not in a weak position about this question, I think it's plainly obvious if you're honest about it.

Mario Kart 8 is to 8 Deluxe what Smash U is to Ultimate, it's plain to see.

Around the Network
padib said:

Mario Kart 8 is to 8 Deluxe what Smash U is to Ultimate, it's plain to see.

Yep. Clear and obvious.

A great game is a great game, does GoW Ragnarok being on the ps4 matter? How about Horizon? The Switch having Wii U games isn't a bad thing.

Chrkeller said:

A great game is a great game, does GoW Ragnarok being on the ps4 matter? How about Horizon? The Switch having Wii U games isn't a bad thing.

Of course. But Smash Ultimate is not just an enhanced version of Smash for Wii U. That's the point. 

Chrkeller said:

It matters in that BOTW or Mario Kart 8 are not Switch exclusives, while games like Mario Odyssey and Metroid Dread are.

That doesn't mean BOTW and MK8 aren't great games, but it does mean they're not eligible for the position of "best first party exclusive."

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

It matters in that BOTW or Mario Kart 8 are not Switch exclusives, while games like Mario Odyssey and Metroid Dread are.

That doesn't mean BOTW and MK8 aren't great games, but it does mean they're not eligible for the position of "best first party exclusive."

Then the ps5 has a really weak lineup because most titles are on the ps4 as well.