By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best first party Switch exclusive

Super Mario Odyssey is easily my favorite game on the Switch. It is THE reason I bought a Switch. For those that don't know Mario 64 is in my top 5 favorite games of all time and Odyssey feels like a sequel to it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
padib said:
mZuzek said:

I'm actually starting to admire how dedicated you are to dying on this hill.

Thanks. I know what's true, so I stand by it.

Anyway, no dying is happening here.

We all die eventually. I think that's what that term means, right? That even when you die, which hopefully is a long time away, you'll still be defending this opinion. Um, sorry, "truth".

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Kakadu18 said:

Kirby is more first party than SSBU, AC and Metroid Dread.

Astral Chain I can kinda understand but why the others? Smash Bros. and Metroid are full on Nintendo IPs and Dread was co-developed by MercurySteam and Nintendo EPD.

Smash Ultimate was fully developed by Bandai Namco and Sora ltd. Metroid Dread was mostly developed by Mercury Steam. Afaik only a few people from EPD worked on it, mostly producers and composers.

Hal Labs is like Intelligent Systems practically a first party studio. They have been always working only for Nintendo and are located within Nintendo's HQ. Kirby is co-owned by Nintendo.

BOTW will be the game that Switch will be remembered for for generations to come. It's to that system what Halo 1 was to the original Xbox. So BOTW gets my vote. 

And yes, I know it's not being considered because it also came out on Wii-U... but that's my write-in vote anyway. 

Kakadu18 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Astral Chain I can kinda understand but why the others? Smash Bros. and Metroid are full on Nintendo IPs and Dread was co-developed by MercurySteam and Nintendo EPD.

Smash Ultimate was fully developed by Bandai Namco and Sora ltd. Metroid Dread was mostly developed by Mercury Steam. Afaik only a few people from EPD worked on it, mostly producers and composers.

Hal Labs is like Intelligent Systems practically a first party studio. They have been always working only for Nintendo and are located within Nintendo's HQ. Kirby is co-owned by Nintendo.

Fair enough, but I guess I just viewed it as "less" 1st party than those games because it's only a co-owned IP and (like the other games) it's also not developed by Nintendo or a subsidiary. But yea it probably makes more sense to just call them all 1st party games rather than getting technical.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Metroid Dread, probably the only exclusive game on the system that is close to being truly phenomenal.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Fire Emblem Three Houses
3. Metroid Dread
4. Astral Chain

Easily Xenoblade 2

The Xenoblade games

Super Mario Odyssey, my favourite game of all time, never got as excited to play this game as another game before and after.