By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best first party Switch exclusive

Super Mario Odyssey. Just a great return to form. Although the series was never bad, I just prefer this kinda game over SM3DW.

Around the Network

Nintendo has always been my couch party system so without a doubt:

Both; Super Mario Party & Mario Party Superstars.

Too many fun memories of playing this with my friends, especially got more intense started with Mario Party 9 and up. I wish they can increase players/games to up to 8 players like Smash.

Exclusive: Mario Odyssey
Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizon (40Mi)

For me it's gotta be Super Mario Odyssey.

It just has such a fantasic sense of childlike wonder and fun in its imaginative toybox worlds, each packed to the brim with cool gameplay ideas.
The constant barrage of new discoveries is just so satisfying, with ideas that would be a central hook in most games hitting one after another for hours, showcasing Nintendo at their creative best.
There's just so much variety and ambition delivered with so much polish that it can stand toe to toe with some of the greatest games Nintendo has ever produced.

I would’ve said BOTW but since it’s not “exclusive”, splatoon 2

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Astral Chain. Best combat system ever. Fantastically realized world with great level design, puzzles, soundtrack and awesome stylish visuals.

Metroid Dread is runner up.

This would be my top 2 too, though I'd put them the other way around.

That said I don't consider either one to be "first party", so instead it's, uhh... Breath of the Wild isn't exclusive... give me a sec here.

Yeah, I think I'm actually gonna go with Splatoon 3. Weird pick I guess.

I think it's probably between

Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 3
Xenoblade 3
Bayonetta 3
Animal Crossing

If you're talking games made just from the ground up only on Switch.

I guess Mario Odyssey, though I never completed it, which was a first for me for 3D Mario. Wasn’t because I didn’t like it, I did, and it’s much better than Sunshine was, but I just didn’t get around to it. Maybe Luigi’s Mansion 3 then, I completed that. It’s actually easily Breath of the Wild but since that doesn’t count for the purpose of this thread, and I assume Link’s Awakening doesn’t either since it’s a remake, things get much more difficult. Will be an easy question though when Tears of the Kingdom has released.

Mario Party Superstars

Admittedly, this is a bit personal but This past year has been kind of a whirlwind but my husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer last year (and had some in his bladder this year but they took care of that) and his doctor told him he needed to stop smoking cigarettes. So we started playing Super Mario Party and Mario Party Superstars to keep him from wanting to smoke and have since just played either of those games at night as a way to unwind. He’s got another round of chemo coming up (hopefully it will be the last series)

I also feel Metroid Dread deserves a shoutout.

From the slick and enjoyable feel of movement and combat, to the masterful use of tension, to the excellent presentation, to the brilliant level design that cleverly steers you where you need to go without feeling restrictive, it far exceeded my expectations.