By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't believe they removed A plague tale: innocence

Runa216 said:
Barozi said:

How's being able to play a $60 game day one for the price of a $10 subscribtion (the game in question is easily finishable in a month) not good value?

If you instead bought it for $60, you would need to complete it 6 times in order to get the same value out of it. How likely is that? I doubt you played through every game in your collection multiple times. In fact most people don't. They complete their games once and maybe come back to play certain favourites once or twice more.

Many reasons: 

1 - It's a monthly subscription, so you have to pay that $10 every month. And Not everyone just jumps from one game to another. 

2 - Not everyone NEEDS TO PLAY GAMES AT LAUNCH, so waiting a few months on PS or Xbox will result in that 60 going as low as 20. 

3 - People like owning games.

4 - Putting a potential and unknown time limit on availability, for some people, completely devalues it. Either the unknown element could cause anxiety or turn it into work

I don't get why this is such a difficult thing to understand. NOT EVERYONE FINDS VALUE IN A GAME SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. The sheer dollars and cents of it is absolutely worth it if you compare the monthly fee to what you get, I agree with that 110%. But not everyone games in that specific way. The deal is great if you're the kind of person who likes trying games out and moving on, or experimenting with many things, or don't like owning your games, or see it as a rental service. Not everyone is like that. Plenty of gamers are collectors. Trophy hunters. Or only play a handful of games every year or frequently return to old favourites. 

I'm all of the above. I collect physical games, I collect digital copies when on sale, and despite all that I still only play a few games a year. I collect so my family and friends can play when they're here or to have the games as insurance in case I ever want to play them. 

Honestly, I don't even like BORROWING games FREE OF CHARGE from people I know will let me borrow it as long as I want, because as soon as there's an unknown but potential time limit on it, it gives me stress and anxiety. and I know I'm not the only one. I know I'm the minority but this weird sort of militaristic push for gamepass especially (I mostly see PS people saying PSnow/Plus is pretty crap even though I disagree) just makes me resent it. 

And I pay for gamepass. I have it for guests or if I want to play games on Xbox like Tunic before it came to PS4/5, just don't use it often. I don't hate it, I just don't find any value in it, personally. Because my specific gameplay/collection style doesn't really mesh well with the very specific set of circumstances needed to appreciate Gamepass/Now/Plus. I basically have it in case I wanna play games I already own on another console. I buy games on PS/Switch, and I play gamepass games on Xbox. Even then, kinda not really because why? Why would I outside of the paltry exclusive offerings of Microsoft? 

Again, the sheer dollars and cents of it is an amazing value if all context is stripped. I just personally feel that the interactive/active nature of games as a medium invokes so many qualifiers and quantifiers that a subscription service like this is a bit more circumstantial than people seem to think. Again, if you're the kind of person who likes to try a little bit of everything, or the kind of person that jumps from game to game without sinking much time into each one, or you don't return to old games you like, or if you're not a collector, or if you've got a family and having the options for your kids to play with, I get it. THERE IS A MARKET FOR IT, IT'S JUST NOT FOR ME. Yet every time the topic comes up, it's 'gamepass is awesome and you're stupid for not liking it and all your reasons for not finding value in it are invalid' (Gamepass being a blanket term for all subs, at this point; the same rules apply but I only ever hear about Gamepass because it's virtually all that Xbox has and thus its fanbase has to push it super duper hard). 

And that last one, the family thing? That's the best option if you ask me. If I lived with roommates or a family or a communal group, I would find ALL the value in gamepass. but I live alone with my dog and snakes. I have a PS5 with 350+ games on it and a Switch with 200+ games on it. I DO NOT NEED GAME PASS (Except to play the small handful of Xbox exclusives I genuinely don't even think are all that great. Granted, playing upcoming games like Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI and Avowed and many more has me excited but right now....all that's there is Grounded and Sea of Thieves). 

I know I keep going in circles, but you Gamepass fellators need to stop pushing it like it's some be-all, end-all, perfect holy bestowment from god above and that anyone who doesn't agree is a heathen worthy of scorn. The fervor in which people praise it is really feeling cult-like to anyone who isn't in on it and it's kind of sad. it's a good service with a great dollar to value ratio that plenty of people enjoy. IT's not universal and y'all need to stop acting like it is. Again, the interactive nature of the medium is a context that matters. And again, I DO PAY FOR IT, simply because I do want to support Gamepass (and have the option in case I ever pick up an Xbox controller again) because I do think it's good value. I've had it for 6 months yet all I've played on it is/was Tunic. then I picked it up on PS5 and haven't gone back. Because now I have that comfort of knowing I can play it any time. 

Just stop treating Gamepass like a religion/cult, would ya? different people find value in different things. It's not universal. if it was, Xbox would be outselling PS and Switch, and it's not. Not even in the US. Cut it out. 

"I don't get why this is such a difficult thing to understand. NOT EVERYONE FINDS VALUE IN A GAME SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE."
No one is debating this, they're just answering to those trying to discredit the value of GP altogether because it does not fit their specific needs.

Why ranting so much when you actually agree with what he said. he was answering to this statement "This is why subscription services like Gamepass aren't good value." which you actually agree is wrong since you still see value in it even if not specifically for you when you said: "The sheer dollars and cents of it is absolutely worth it if you compare the monthly fee to what you get, I agree with that 110%."

Why you feel the need to call other Gamepass fellators when they're only defending the value they see in GP from those who want you to believe there's no value at all in GP

Your whole post try to paint every GP user as trying to shove it in your throat which is simply not the case but then you use this skewed perception to attack them.

you know this whole thread wasn't created by someone trying to recruit you in the gamepass "cult", It was actualy made to discredit it. I guess somehow it was enough for you to be incentivized to come and do your part. I guess you feel the absolute need for people to know they may see no value in GP even though no ones telling them otherwise.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 28 October 2022

Around the Network

edit: double post

Ka-pi96 said:
zero129 said:

This is what annoys me when people use that excuse for not being interested in Gamepass etc. Without gamepass they would still have to buy the game anyways if they wanted to play it. So how does a game after 3 years being removed and then giving them users a discount to buy said game change any of that is beyond me.

And this is what annoys me about gamepass fans, they can't comprehend that some people spend less on games than them. I've bought 2 games this year, at a total price of $80. Gamepass is $10 per month, so that would've been $120 for the year. Saved $40 this year alone. Don't have any games I plan to buy next year either, but I'll still have those 2 games I bought this year, so at the current rate I'll save an additional $120 next year by not paying for gamepass. Potentially an extra $120 every single year from now on too.

Also, while both of the games I bought are on gamepass, 1 of them would've been missing features there (requires the previous games in the series on the same storefront, I already have them on Steam).

you know the prior answer was only about your stance that : "Games can and will be removed from it and then you're left with nothing." which is simply not true

No ones is telling you should absolutely see value in GP for yourself. 

Ka-pi96 said:
zero129 said:

This is what annoys me when people use that excuse for not being interested in Gamepass etc. Without gamepass they would still have to buy the game anyways if they wanted to play it. So how does a game after 3 years being removed and then giving them users a discount to buy said game change any of that is beyond me.

And this is what annoys me about gamepass fans, they can't comprehend that some people spend less on games than them. I've bought 2 games this year, at a total price of $80. Gamepass is $10 per month, so that would've been $120 for the year. Saved $40 this year alone. Don't have any games I plan to buy next year either, but I'll still have those 2 games I bought this year, so at the current rate I'll save an additional $120 next year by not paying for gamepass. Potentially an extra $120 every single year from now on too.

Also, while both of the games I bought are on gamepass, 1 of them would've been missing features there (requires the previous games in the series on the same storefront, I already have them on Steam).

And this is what annoys me about non gamepass users as they seem to think people are paying every single month. If a person is like you they would only pay for the one or two months to play them two games if they found other games on the service they like thats a bonus. So now it only costed that user 20 for 2 months they got to finish the game and they can then buy that game at bargin bin price if and when they want to own it.If a person plays lots of games they can sub for longer. Thats the great thing is choice and options.

I look at services like gamepass as i did rental stores only much better value. I used to pay like 3-4 pound for to rent one game for 2 days in xtra vision and blockbuster if anyone remembers them stores. Now i get to try and play as many games as a choose for just 10 a month. If i want to own that game after nothing is stopping me from doing so at a much cheaper price.

Runa216 said:
Barozi said:

How's being able to play a $60 game day one for the price of a $10 subscribtion (the game in question is easily finishable in a month) not good value?

If you instead bought it for $60, you would need to complete it 6 times in order to get the same value out of it. How likely is that? I doubt you played through every game in your collection multiple times. In fact most people don't. They complete their games once and maybe come back to play certain favourites once or twice more.

Many reasons: 

1 - It's a monthly subscription, so you have to pay that $10 every month. And Not everyone just jumps from one game to another. 

2 - Not everyone NEEDS TO PLAY GAMES AT LAUNCH, so waiting a few months on PS or Xbox will result in that 60 going as low as 20. 

3 - People like owning games.

4 - Putting a potential and unknown time limit on availability, for some people, completely devalues it. Either the unknown element could cause anxiety or turn it into work

I don't get why this is such a difficult thing to understand. NOT EVERYONE FINDS VALUE IN A GAME SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. The sheer dollars and cents of it is absolutely worth it if you compare the monthly fee to what you get, I agree with that 110%. But not everyone games in that specific way. The deal is great if you're the kind of person who likes trying games out and moving on, or experimenting with many things, or don't like owning your games, or see it as a rental service. Not everyone is like that. Plenty of gamers are collectors. Trophy hunters. Or only play a handful of games every year or frequently return to old favourites. 

I'm all of the above. I collect physical games, I collect digital copies when on sale, and despite all that I still only play a few games a year. I collect so my family and friends can play when they're here or to have the games as insurance in case I ever want to play them. 

Honestly, I don't even like BORROWING games FREE OF CHARGE from people I know will let me borrow it as long as I want, because as soon as there's an unknown but potential time limit on it, it gives me stress and anxiety. and I know I'm not the only one. I know I'm the minority but this weird sort of militaristic push for gamepass especially (I mostly see PS people saying PSnow/Plus is pretty crap even though I disagree) just makes me resent it. 

And I pay for gamepass. I have it for guests or if I want to play games on Xbox like Tunic before it came to PS4/5, just don't use it often. I don't hate it, I just don't find any value in it, personally. Because my specific gameplay/collection style doesn't really mesh well with the very specific set of circumstances needed to appreciate Gamepass/Now/Plus. I basically have it in case I wanna play games I already own on another console. I buy games on PS/Switch, and I play gamepass games on Xbox. Even then, kinda not really because why? Why would I outside of the paltry exclusive offerings of Microsoft? 

Again, the sheer dollars and cents of it is an amazing value if all context is stripped. I just personally feel that the interactive/active nature of games as a medium invokes so many qualifiers and quantifiers that a subscription service like this is a bit more circumstantial than people seem to think. Again, if you're the kind of person who likes to try a little bit of everything, or the kind of person that jumps from game to game without sinking much time into each one, or you don't return to old games you like, or if you're not a collector, or if you've got a family and having the options for your kids to play with, I get it. THERE IS A MARKET FOR IT, IT'S JUST NOT FOR ME. Yet every time the topic comes up, it's 'gamepass is awesome and you're stupid for not liking it and all your reasons for not finding value in it are invalid' (Gamepass being a blanket term for all subs, at this point; the same rules apply but I only ever hear about Gamepass because it's virtually all that Xbox has and thus its fanbase has to push it super duper hard)

And that last one, the family thing? That's the best option if you ask me. If I lived with roommates or a family or a communal group, I would find ALL the value in gamepass. but I live alone with my dog and snakes. I have a PS5 with 350+ games on it and a Switch with 200+ games on it. I DO NOT NEED GAME PASS (Except to play the small handful of Xbox exclusives I genuinely don't even think are all that great. Granted, playing upcoming games like Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI and Avowed and many more has me excited but right now....all that's there is Grounded and Sea of Thieves). 

I know I keep going in circles, but you Gamepass fellators need to stop pushing it like it's some be-all, end-all, perfect holy bestowment from god above and that anyone who doesn't agree is a heathen worthy of scorn. The fervor in which people praise it is really feeling cult-like to anyone who isn't in on it and it's kind of sad. it's a good service with a great dollar to value ratio that plenty of people enjoy. IT's not universal and y'all need to stop acting like it is. Again, the interactive nature of the medium is a context that matters. And again, I DO PAY FOR IT, simply because I do want to support Gamepass (and have the option in case I ever pick up an Xbox controller again) because I do think it's good value. I've had it for 6 months yet all I've played on it is/was Tunic. then I picked it up on PS5 and haven't gone back. Because now I have that comfort of knowing I can play it any time. 

Just stop treating Gamepass like a religion/cult, would ya? different people find value in different things. It's not universal. if it was, Xbox would be outselling PS and Switch, and it's not. Not even in the US. Cut it out. 

Wow the guy that was talking about console warring sure has a lot of console war like words in this post.

Btw you could of picked up Tonic at any point on xbox too and never have to worry about it being removed. Guess that answers a lot about you.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Wow the guy that was talking about console warring sure has a lot of console war like words in this post.

Btw you could of picked up Tonic at any point on xbox too and never have to worry about it being removed. Guess that answers a lot about you.

My opinions on games subscription models apply to all of them (MMOs, Gamepass, PS+, etc). The points I've made apply to all of them. They all have value, but none really do anything for me due to the fact that I like owning games and not having any sort of hard or soft limit on how long I have the games available. 

My opinion on gamepass specifically is that its supporters act pretty cultlike, pushing it as the be-all, end-all solution to all of gaming's problems. Everywhere I go I see people acting like GamePass is worth getting an Xbox for, or that it's gonna change the industry, and that anyone who doesn't want it is a fool. 

Those two statements can exist side by side. I just really, really wish people would stop acting so cult-like when it comes to gamepass specifically. Even though I have both GP and PS+  (the highest tier), I don't find one as being a better deal than the other. PS+ Has way more games, with more diversity ranging back more generations, yet fewer newer games. Gamepass has a lot more recent games and all Xbox exclusives, but that doesn't make them better. Both are equal yet every Xbox person I've ever met pushes Gamepass like they would a saviour while PS folks tend to not give a shit about PS+. Not saying it can't be the opposite way around, but that there seems to be a clear and distinct difference between the brands. 

and I clearly associate more with one than another. Because I don't give a shit about Subscription models in games and wish I could go 5 goddamn minutes on a gaming website without seeing "Have you heard about our lord and saviour Gamepass" like it's jesus fucking christ. 

I find equal value or non value in both/all, but only Gamepass people treat it like a cult. Is that clearer? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Some people really need to understand that opnions aren't objective facts

zero129 said:
KratosLives said:

If you have the game from another service why make this OP than??. Clearly you have another motive for it.

I don't have it. That was an error edit. I was supposed to type when was it released on ps plus.

Runa216 said:
zero129 said:

My opinions on games subscription models apply to all of them (MMOs, Gamepass, PS+, etc). The points I've made apply to all of them. They all have value, but none really do anything for me due to the fact that I like owning games and not having any sort of hard or soft limit on how long I have the games available. 

My opinion on gamepass specifically is that its supporters act pretty cultlike, pushing it as the be-all, end-all solution to all of gaming's problems. Everywhere I go I see people acting like GamePass is worth getting an Xbox for, or that it's gonna change the industry, and that anyone who doesn't want it is a fool. 

Those two statements can exist side by side. I just really, really wish people would stop acting so cult-like when it comes to gamepass specifically. Even though I have both GP and PS+  (the highest tier), I don't find one as being a better deal than the other. PS+ Has way more games, with more diversity ranging back more generations, yet fewer newer games. Gamepass has a lot more recent games and all Xbox exclusives, but that doesn't make them better. Both are equal yet every Xbox person I've ever met pushes Gamepass like they would a saviour while PS folks tend to not give a shit about PS+. Not saying it can't be the opposite way around, but that there seems to be a clear and distinct difference between the brands. 

and I clearly associate more with one than another. Because I don't give a shit about Subscription models in games and wish I could go 5 goddamn minutes on a gaming website without seeing "Have you heard about our lord and saviour Gamepass" like it's jesus fucking christ. 

I find equal value or non value in both/all, but only Gamepass people treat it like a cult. Is that clearer? 

1. And you can do that even with gamepass.

2. No where in this thread did i see that other then you say it twice now so i would like for you to point out this so called cult like push you keep talking about to me. All i did see is gamepass users point out to people like yourself who is trying to say the is no value in gamepass how the is value as it lets them play new games and like i said they can then go and buy them games if they wish to keep them most times at a much cheaper price. How is that cult like??.

3. Please show me where people are acting cult like once again??.

4. You find no value in subs but yet a subbed to the highest tier of PS+ and gamepass by your words. Why?. You couldnt buy tonic when it was on xbox but did when it came to PS5. Clearly you are in this thread to shit on xbox and gamepass no other reason. My thread that copied this thread about how GoW collection was removed from PSNow got locked by a mod so i hope a mod will now do the same with this shitty flame baiting thread too. At least Ms doesnt remove first party games Sony does.

Runa216 said:
zero129 said:

Because I don't give a shit about Subscription models in games and wish I could go 5 goddamn minutes on a gaming website without seeing "Have you heard about our lord and saviour Gamepass" like it's jesus fucking christ. 

You sure show dedication for someone not at all interested. It's like you're on a mission to stop every one from praising GP merits or something

So if I create a thread and write something positive about gamepass, I must keep in mind that you'll come, be triggered and possibly throw another tantrum right?

You realize you yourself willfully come to this thread right? No one forced you to. And this thread was not about praising GP so your rant about how tired you are of other prising it kinda moot. 

Anyway you'd better learn to deal with other speaking positively of gamepass as it's not like it's gonna go anywhere soon.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 28 October 2022