By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Liz Truss become the shortest-served PM in British history? Update: Yep!

Penny Mordaunt is basically asking her colleagues if she should run or not. Should be ab easy answer, really.

Around the Network

At least Truss can say she was the PM that did Queen Elizabeth's funeral. That's a rare feat.

S.Peelman said:

At least Truss can say she was the PM that did Queen Elizabeth's funeral. That's a rare feat.

Also keep in mind that due to the funeral services, she basically did nothing during her first 2 weeks in office. So basically she lasted not even a month when just accounting the time she actually did something!

Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis is being touted by some Tories as a candidate for being a pragmatic leader that can deliver on promises.

Well, Liz Truss delivered on her promises, too - they just crashed the UK economy while doing so.

At this point, they just should call and prepare for another round of election. The 10% inflation and the bojo fiesta as completely eroded the trust. Conservative are so low in the poll. They did a seppuku by removing bojo. Looks like a bad joke.

Around the Network
Crown said:

At this point, they just should call and prepare for another round of election. The 10% inflation and the bojo fiesta as completely eroded the trust. Conservative are so low in the poll. They did a seppuku by removing bojo. Looks like a bad joke.

They're wanting to have the election process done by next Friday. 

Two great takeaways from this thread:
1. Trailer Park Boys is a fantastic show. They have my favourite accents of any English speakers outside of Teesside.
2. The best thing to happen to William Henry Harrison’s legacy was a song on The Simpsons.

I wonder if comedy TV Shows are in Liz Truss’s anti-growth coalition? She’s only been rattling on about that for a little while and I’ve already lost track of everyone she’s said is in it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

So apparently, most Tories want Boris to come back:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/10/18/most-tory-members-say-liz-truss-should-resign

And that's not exactly a small margin, he's the frontrunner for about a third of the Tories, far ahead of Sunak and the rest of the bunch.

SanAndreasX said:

Fun fact: Liz Truss's term in office lasted 4.09 scaramuccis. 

I miss The Mooch for no other reason than the amount of comedy he generated over such a short tenure. Stephen Colbert's coverage of him cracked me up.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

So apparently, most Tories want Boris to come back:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/10/18/most-tory-members-say-liz-truss-should-resign

And that's not exactly a small margin, he's the frontrunner for about a third of the Tories, far ahead of Sunak and the rest of the bunch.

Boris Johnson 2 Electric Boogaloo. Seriously though tories are so screwed up.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also