By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

sc94597 said:
Chrkeller said:

For me, yes.  I like my pay check and feel the need to share it with others.  

A pay check that likely exists in its current state because your (and mine, and most working people's ancestors in the U.S and even more so in other developed countries) fought with literal blood and sweat to have intervention in the labor market. 

I can only speak for myself but my profession has never had a union and I still get a great pay check. It does require a license and have a licensing board, but there is no form of collective bargaining and we've still come out just fine by depending on market forces to set our pay rate.



Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Chrkeller said:

For me, yes.  I like my pay check and feel the need to share it with others.  

A pay check that likely exists in its current state because your (and mine, and most working people's ancestors in the U.S and even more so in other developed countries) fought with literal blood and sweat to have intervention in the labor market. 

Or likely I got an advance degree in STEM which is highly desired, thus pays well.  If people want to make a lot of money, pick a field that pays.  I have friends who pick hobbies for their "career" and complain they are poor.  Supply and demand.



I don't know what currently decribes this woman best between entitled, idiotic, liar, manipulative, and emotional wreck. But I can't help but feel sorry for her and wish she'll overcome the coming shitstorm. Most of us deserve a 2nd chance at being dignified and respected. I don't know what propelled her into thinking she'd get out of this unscathed.

"Calm after the storm"... Except the storm hadn't actually began. She must have been going through some fucked up times that warped her mind, but I'm afraid it'll get worse after this. The internet is a terrifying place.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 24 October 2022

So it does sound like the $4000 offer was indeed for her to do a cameo. Because 11 months had passed since she last heard from them. Meaning in that time they decided to hire someone else for the main role.

Like I said earlier, it's hard to imagine someone would break NDA to lie over something that can then easily be disproven.
On top of that, it's been well known for years that VA's tend to get underpaid, so I can certainly understand if people initially believed her over Platinum.
Even though I didn't comment on it, if someone had asked me and I hadn't noticed the inconsistency in her sales statement ($450 Million franchise), I would have also said I'd be inclined to believe her over PG.

I think that's fine. It's what you do with that information afterwards that matters.
If you're anticipating a developing story coming out with more information down the line, and don't consider it set in stone or start harassing people involved, then it's fine.

That number by the way, $450 Million, was the first red flag for me. Though 99% of people probably don't consider numbers the way we do on a sales site.
But she seemingly got that by combining a bunch of sales figures and multiplying it by $60. Haven't tried doing the math myself, because you can already tell that number is too high by dividing 450 with 60. That would suggest 7,5M units sold, and that's already in doubt territory.

But the main thing that she probably doesn't seem to understand is that publishers don't recieve the full $60 for a full priced game. It's something like $20-30 iirc.
Because platform holders and retailers take a cut, etc.


Aside from that part probably being a misunderstanding on her part, it's very hard to imagine that her original statement wasn't intentionally misleading, by only citing the $4000 figure, and not the $15 000, or that she declined it and then heard nothing from them for 11 months.
People even got the impression that she was offered less than $4000 because she said their previous offer was lower, after only citing the $4000 figure.

Kyuu said:

I don't know what currently decribes this woman best between entitled, idiotic, liar, manipulative, and emotional wreck. But I can't help but feel sorry for her and wish she'll overcome the coming shitstorm. Most of us deserve a 2nd chance at being dignified and respected. I don't know what propelled her into thinking she'd get out of this unscathed.

"Calm after the storm"... Except the storm hadn't actually began. She must have been going through some fucked up times that warped her mind, but I'm afraid it'll get worse after this. The internet is a terrifying place.

I agree, and I hope no one is harassing her. But in order to be given a second chance, you have to first own up to what you did.
And she has shown no signs of that yet. She's seemingly just trying to make it look as if this was the implication of her story all along.

Last edited by Hiku - on 24 October 2022

Shatts said:

So I understand the wave has pretty much settled and we've pretty much moved on. But Hellena Taylor appears to tweet again about the situation. Any thoughts?

She still doesn't provide any evidence (like how she got $450m), and she admits that she basically mislead us by making us think $4000 was the highest.

Whats their to say? She's a golddigger and a liar.

She got caught in a lie, admitted it to basically everyone, and somehow still thinks we should boycott the game.

Bizarre thing is a lot of people are unwilling to admit that they were duped, and are still "standing with her", although most people are sensible and aren't. Once some people have committed to a position, no amount of evidence will change her mind. 

Anyway, putting aside the issue of honesty, the core of the situation seems to be she was offered 10,000, a rate which whether or not was worth what she brought to the project, was far more than needed to keep her off the streets, and significantly above the minimum wage. She didn't think the offer was enough, they bumped it up by 50%. She still didn't think it was enough, they she declined, they offered it to another person.

Those things happen in business. Hard to see where Platinum did anything wrong. Even if the franchise did make 450,000,000, which it almost certainly did not, that's really irrelevant to how much value she was providing to the project. 



Around the Network
Kyuu said:

I don't know what currently decribes this woman best between entitled, idiotic, liar, manipulative, and emotional wreck. But I can't help but feel sorry for her and wish she'll overcome the coming shitstorm. Most of us deserve a 2nd chance at being dignified and respected. I don't know what propelled her into thinking she'd get out of this unscathed.

"Calm after the storm"... Except the storm hadn't actually began. She must have been going through some fucked up times that warped her mind, but I'm afraid it'll get worse after this. The internet is a terrifying place.

You're more empathic than I am. I don't feel bad for her at all.



So, the info in the Bloomberg article was true after all. I thought Hellena Taylor was lowballed when she said she was only offered $4000 for the role. Turned out it was for a cameo role. She should've told the truth and not omitted any info.



As much as the Bloomberg article and stuff seemed credible, throughout this I kept thinking "yeah, but why would someone break NDA and risk their career just to spread a lie around?". Well there it is. The things people will do to get attention.

Love how she says all that stuff now in defense of people calling her a liar, because like, technically she didn't lie. She just twisted her words as much as possible to make the story seem a lot worse than it really was, while not saying anything that was truly false. Well, except the $450m number, that she probably got from some random site when she looked it up.

(edit: oh apparently the random site was VGC lol. Just from someone who doesn't know how to use it)

$10k for this gig seems like an acceptable offer for this role, she didn't think so, then she got offered $15k. Sorry Hellena, but that is a lot more than your "living wage". And clearly enough money to pay for a certain Jennifer Hale, so it all makes sense now.

Last edited by mZuzek - on 24 October 2022


I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:

As much as the Bloomberg article and stuff seemed credible, throughout this I kept thinking "yeah, but why would someone break NDA and risk their career just to spread a lie around?". Well there it is. The things people will do to get attention.

Love how she says all that stuff now in defense of people calling her a liar, because like, technically she didn't lie. She just twisted her words as much as possible to make the story seem a lot worse than it really was, while not saying anything that was truly false. Well, except the $450m number, that she probably got from some random site when she looked it up.

(edit: oh apparently the random site was VGC lol. Just from someone who doesn't know how to use it)

$10k for this gig seems like an acceptable offer for this role, she didn't think so, then she got offered $15k. Sorry Hellena, but that is a lot more than your "living wage". And clearly enough money to pay for a certain Jennifer Hale, so it all makes sense now.

I would say even if every statement she had made was accurate in and of itself, by intentionally arranging them in such a way to create a false impression of what actually had occurred, she technically did lie.



This woman has been exposed as a total fraud now, basically admitted she lied today, while still claiming she didn't lie. No smart studio will work with her after this for fear of her calling for a boycott of their game if she isn't happy with the pay. What sucks is that her lies hurt the other VA's looking for fair pay relative to other acting professions, as well as Platinum, who was just working within the budget allotted to them by Nintendo.