By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

DonFerrari said:
Kakadu18 said:

VGChartz literally stopped making their own software sales estimates because they were rarely accurate. This number may not be off by much but you shouldn't use it as a fact.

From what I know they stopped doing it because so much of SW sales is full digital nowadays that their number wouldn't reflect reality. But for a WiiU title at that time I think it is reasonably precise (like within 10% margin)

They do keep it updated but only when we get official numbers. For example, every time Nintendo releases a Financial Report, the sales figures for their top selling titles (like MK8, BotW, Smash, etc.) gets updated. For Bayo 2 on Wii U, there's not much official data on it, just something coming from a comparison between the Wii U launch and Switch launch. The Switch version numbers were updated recently (August 2022) with data from CESA.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Hynad said:

Nobody is aware of the actual situation other than the parties involved. 

And nobody is boycotting as the game hasn’t been released yet.

People are free to believe either sides. Both could be lying. But I would think one side has more to lose than the other, so which one has reasons to spin this story to their advantage?

They wouldn't say random stuff without evidence, that would just bring a lawsuit. Jason hits right most of the time and the attitude of Hellena in that video was something. Also, people have been canceling their preorders and her vid has almost 10 million views on twitter, that's crazy.

First off coming off saying she IS the voice of Bayonetta with a cocky smile while no she's not anymore. If you like it that much and you're struggling to pay rent, why not take the job ? It's like 20 hours of work.

She was asked to do a goodbye cameo for 4k$ after she asked for 6 figures and residuals and she refused.... 

I feel like if you're a good sport, you know Bayonetta doesn't make that much. Idk how she got that 450 million figure but i'm sure she is not aware of how much it made, really. She's not part of the company. She had to understand they would not go to 6 figures and stay at 20k. 6 Figures +residuals is CRAZY for a game like that that barely got made because it's niche.

I get that she feels that her work is more deserving, but at some point, entertainment is a hard business and if you love what you do and understand the project CAN'T pay you like you think you are, don't be a dick about it and ask for the public to boycott the game. That's crazy, let people make their own mind with the info you give, but like beg people to not support a project you were refused a 500% raise while still being offered above minimum union wage is scary and highly narcissitic to me.

Many people work on this game and prob won't make 6 figures as well, so why would she deserve it before anyone else ?

Interesting how you called out people for jumping on a bandwagon, only to do the same in turn.

Hynad said:
xMetroid said:

They wouldn't say random stuff without evidence, that would just bring a lawsuit. Jason hits right most of the time and the attitude of Hellena in that video was something. Also, people have been canceling their preorders and her vid has almost 10 million views on twitter, that's crazy.

First off coming off saying she IS the voice of Bayonetta with a cocky smile while no she's not anymore. If you like it that much and you're struggling to pay rent, why not take the job ? It's like 20 hours of work.

She was asked to do a goodbye cameo for 4k$ after she asked for 6 figures and residuals and she refused.... 

I feel like if you're a good sport, you know Bayonetta doesn't make that much. Idk how she got that 450 million figure but i'm sure she is not aware of how much it made, really. She's not part of the company. She had to understand they would not go to 6 figures and stay at 20k. 6 Figures +residuals is CRAZY for a game like that that barely got made because it's niche.

I get that she feels that her work is more deserving, but at some point, entertainment is a hard business and if you love what you do and understand the project CAN'T pay you like you think you are, don't be a dick about it and ask for the public to boycott the game. That's crazy, let people make their own mind with the info you give, but like beg people to not support a project you were refused a 500% raise while still being offered above minimum union wage is scary and highly narcissitic to me.

Many people work on this game and prob won't make 6 figures as well, so why would she deserve it before anyone else ?

Interesting how you called out people for jumping on a bandwagon, only to do the same in turn.

It is pretty obvious that she is a liar. The reporters who investigated this have a very good track record and are reputable. They saw documents proving what was told them to be true. Their sources can be from PG and from the Union. Jennifer Hale retweeting them proves it even further. And that's not even mentioning the even more obvious lie, simply made up number about how much the franchise made.

Interesting how blatantly ignorant you are.

TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

From what I know they stopped doing it because so much of SW sales is full digital nowadays that their number wouldn't reflect reality. But for a WiiU title at that time I think it is reasonably precise (like within 10% margin)

They do keep it updated but only when we get official numbers. For example, every time Nintendo releases a Financial Report, the sales figures for their top selling titles (like MK8, BotW, Smash, etc.) gets updated. For Bayo 2 on Wii U, there's not much official data on it, just something coming from a comparison between the Wii U launch and Switch launch. The Switch version numbers were updated recently (August 2022) with data from CESA.

That's why I was talking about estimates.

If anyone believes Bayonetta is worth $450 million then you're a fucking idiot. Series never hits 2 million per entry. Maybe if they re-release it a dozen times then yeah an entry might hit 2 million or more. IF the series was worth 450 million YEN that I can believe which puts it at close to $3 million. Platinum would not be struggling with cash if they had a half billion dollar franchise and Nintendo would not need to be the ones funding it's existence. They would not need a loan to self publish.

So that right there was Hellena's first lie of several.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Hynad said:

It is pretty obvious that she is a liar. The reporters who investigated this have a very good track record and are reputable. They saw documents proving what was told them to be true. Their sources can be from PG and from the Union. Jennifer Hale retweeting them proves it even further. And that's not even mentioning the even more obvious lie, simply made up number about how much the franchise made.

I would say if Jennifer Hale had access to the propose to the other actor that is minimum unethical and possibly illegal

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Kakadu18 said:

I would say if Jennifer Hale had access to the propose to the other actor that is minimum unethical and possibly illegal

It’s neither of those if the negotiations went sour and they showed her amidst the controversy internally when they hired her. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Kakadu18 said:
Hynad said:

Awww. Thanks.

Now, you armchair know-it-all should go ahead and tell everyone exactly what transpired behind closed doors, how truthful everyone involved in this story actually are, how certain it is that no documents were forged to save face, how much revenue the franchise made through every games, spin-offs, guest appearances, etc. And while you’re at it, keep it factual.

Thank you.

Last edited by Hynad - on 19 October 2022

DonFerrari said:
Kakadu18 said:

She might know about them offering Taylor a cameo.

SJW certainly got quiet after the other side released their story. Who would have guessed there are two sides to a story?