By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

KLXVER said:
Shatts said:

This is a bloody mess if I were to use the words from Bayonetta, and I can only hope for Hellena Taylor to get some mental support. And obviously she is going to get some hate now, she was already suicidal before, idk if she can handle this man. But nobody cares for Hideki Kamiya right, imagine how he must have felt if this is true and so many raging replies towards him. It's the same with Bayonetta 2 like I explained before. Twitter and ppl in general gotta stop being so emotional and rashful. And this isn't official, remember Platinum still hasn't responded as far as I know.

He didnt deserve it and I respect the guy for his accomplishments, but its hard to feel too much sympathy for a guy like that.

I personally have sympathy for that guy bcuz I can understand him. I do think he can be egoistic at times, but what human isn't? Especially on the internet. Since I understand his reasoning, it sucks that people only put their opinion on his impression. There's need to be some respect on both sides, unfortunately majority of ppl on Twitter are dumb as we know. Way too many trolls, and entitled brats so I understand why he would act like that to counter the trolls and illogical replies. Forcing rules is not very cool, but if ur respectful, he will respond to u respectfully. I like that human nature from him

Around the Network
Shatts said:
KLXVER said:

He didnt deserve it and I respect the guy for his accomplishments, but its hard to feel too much sympathy for a guy like that.

I personally have sympathy for that guy bcuz I can understand him. I do think he can be egoistic at times, but what human isn't? Especially on the internet. Since I understand his reasoning, it sucks that people only put their opinion on his impression. There's need to be some respect on both sides, unfortunately majority of ppl on Twitter are dumb as we know. Way too many trolls, and entitled brats so I understand why he would act like that to counter the trolls and illogical replies. Forcing rules is not very cool, but if ur respectful, he will respond to u respectfully. I like that human nature from him

Doesnt he ban you if you type in english?

KLXVER said:
Shatts said:

Since when did u assume he was the one that had to respond in ur language. Imagine being in Kamiya's foot and getting replies from different languages that are mixed with insults on a daily bases. Don't u think it's respectful to learn or at least type in his language? Is probs what he's saying. 

Shatts said:
KLXVER said:

Since when did u assume he was the one that had to respond in ur language. Imagine being in Kamiya's foot and getting replies from different languages that are mixed with insults on a daily bases. Don't u think it's respectful to learn or at least type in his language? Is probs what he's saying. 

Fair enough. I dont really care. The guy is a legend in the industry, so Im not going to bash him. He just seemed a bit rude at times I guess. Its fine.

Paatar said:

Surprise surprise, there’s more to the story than just the initial video from her.

Tired of people automatically jumping to one side so they can be in the “morally correct” avenue and virtue signal like crazy.
Just because you are a fan of someone’s work, doesn’t make them right, credible, a good person to work with or anything else for that matter. She’s a person like everyone else.

Quite honestly though, she knew the echo chamber of Twitter would rally to her side and fight for her without question regardless of the truth.

Yep.  I wonder how many of those mob members are going to own their mistake.  You would think people would learn to stop believing everything they read.  SJW just need to stop and be fact based, not emotional.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 19 October 2022

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

I don't believe every nonsense someone on Twitter shows up with.

Quoting myself here from before the Bloomberg article. Always a good idea to stay sceptical of unsourced claims on social media.

Lending further credibility to the reports perhaps, Jennifer Hale herself retweeted them:

Hynad said:
xMetroid said:

Wait ??? The internet jumped on a hate bandwagon and boycotting train before knowing evidence and both sides of a story ? This is shocking new, i'm truly shocked.
Lesson learn to people who forge their opinion off nothing and create whole arguments with em while not even being aware of the actual situation.

Nobody is aware of the actual situation other than the parties involved. 

And nobody is boycotting as the game hasn’t been released yet.

People are free to believe either sides. Both could be lying. But I would think one side has more to lose than the other, so which one has reasons to spin this story to their advantage?

They wouldn't say random stuff without evidence, that would just bring a lawsuit. Jason hits right most of the time and the attitude of Hellena in that video was something. Also, people have been canceling their preorders and her vid has almost 10 million views on twitter, that's crazy.

First off coming off saying she IS the voice of Bayonetta with a cocky smile while no she's not anymore. If you like it that much and you're struggling to pay rent, why not take the job ? It's like 20 hours of work.

She was asked to do a goodbye cameo for 4k$ after she asked for 6 figures and residuals and she refused.... 

I feel like if you're a good sport, you know Bayonetta doesn't make that much. Idk how she got that 450 million figure but i'm sure she is not aware of how much it made, really. She's not part of the company. She had to understand they would not go to 6 figures and stay at 20k. 6 Figures +residuals is CRAZY for a game like that that barely got made because it's niche.

I get that she feels that her work is more deserving, but at some point, entertainment is a hard business and if you love what you do and understand the project CAN'T pay you like you think you are, don't be a dick about it and ask for the public to boycott the game. That's crazy, let people make their own mind with the info you give, but like beg people to not support a project you were refused a 500% raise while still being offered above minimum union wage is scary and highly narcissitic to me.

Many people work on this game and prob won't make 6 figures as well, so why would she deserve it before anyone else ?

xMetroid said:
Hynad said:

Nobody is aware of the actual situation other than the parties involved. 

And nobody is boycotting as the game hasn’t been released yet.

People are free to believe either sides. Both could be lying. But I would think one side has more to lose than the other, so which one has reasons to spin this story to their advantage?

They wouldn't say random stuff without evidence, that would just bring a lawsuit. Jason hits right most of the time and the attitude of Hellena in that video was something. Also, people have been canceling their preorders and her vid has almost 10 million views on twitter, that's crazy.

First off coming off saying she IS the voice of Bayonetta with a cocky smile while no she's not anymore. If you like it that much and you're struggling to pay rent, why not take the job ? It's like 20 hours of work.

She was asked to do a goodbye cameo for 4k$ after she asked for 6 figures and residuals and she refused.... 

I feel like if you're a good sport, you know Bayonetta doesn't make that much. Idk how she got that 450 million figure but i'm sure she is not aware of how much it made, really. She's not part of the company. She had to understand they would not go to 6 figures and stay at 20k. 6 Figures +residuals is CRAZY for a game like that that barely got made because it's niche.

I get that she feels that her work is more deserving, but at some point, entertainment is a hard business and if you love what you do and understand the project CAN'T pay you like you think you are, don't be a dick about it and ask for the public to boycott the game. That's crazy, let people make their own mind with the info you give, but like beg people to not support a project you were refused a 500% raise while still being offered above minimum union wage is scary and highly narcissitic to me.

Many people work on this game and prob won't make 6 figures as well, so why would she deserve it before anyone else ?

Just want to mention that I don't think we should keep calling it niche since it will likely sell 2-3M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
xMetroid said:

Just want to mention that I don't think we should keep calling it niche since it will likely sell 2-3M.

Not sure about that. Bayonetta 1&2 only sold a million and the same goes for Platinum's previous Switch exclusive Astral Chain. If I remeber correctly, Nier Automata is the only Platinum game that is confirmed to have sold more then 2 million.