By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

xMetroid said:

This is the best publicity Bayonetta 3 could ever get. Huge reach and redeemed quickly. Now if only the game gets great reviews, this might be a little success.

Well, Every Bayonetta always scored high so this will too. ^_^

Around the Network
xMetroid said:

Wait ??? The internet jumped on a hate bandwagon and boycotting train before knowing evidence and both sides of a story ? This is shocking new, i'm truly shocked.
Lesson learn to people who forge their opinion off nothing and create whole arguments with em while not even being aware of the actual situation.

Nobody is aware of the actual situation other than the parties involved. 

And nobody is boycotting as the game hasn’t been released yet.

People are free to believe either sides. Both could be lying. But I would think one side has more to lose than the other, so which one has reasons to spin this story to their advantage?

Last edited by Hynad - on 18 October 2022

Sega owns the IP to Bayonetta I would like to thank Player essence and several key heads for covering Bayonetta.

Hynad said:
xMetroid said:

Wait ??? The internet jumped on a hate bandwagon and boycotting train before knowing evidence and both sides of a story ? This is shocking new, i'm truly shocked.
Lesson learn to people who forge their opinion off nothing and create whole arguments with em while not even being aware of the actual situation.

People are free to believe either sides. Both could be lying. But I would think one side has more to lose than the other, so which onse has reasons to spin this story to their advantage?

I don't think that the journalists from Bloomberg and VGC had any reason to lie.

deerox said:
Hynad said:

People are free to believe either sides. Both could be lying. But I would think one side has more to lose than the other, so which onse has reasons to spin this story to their advantage?

I don't think that the journalists from Bloomberg and VGC had any reason to lie.

Are they involved parties?

Ok? Thanks.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

The thing that confuses me about this is that they hired Hale afterwards. She presumably is charging a much higher rate, so it doesn't seem like they were just trying to skimp or cheat the voice actors. Wonder what their side of the story is, cause this doesn't really add up for me.

Going to quote myself, because based on the info, I didn't quite get what was going on. I tried to figure out a version where she could have been within the realm of reality if maybe a bit spun, but that was giving her way too much credit I guess. It just didn't make sense to lowball her to that extend only to then hire one of the most well known and presumably well paid voice actresses to replace her.

So, seems pretty clear that the story coming out now is the truth, or at least much much closer. It's better corroborated, and actually makes some fucking sense. Glad none of my money will go to her when I buy Bayonetta 3. Fuck her.

Hynad said:
deerox said:

Are they involved parties?

Ok? Thanks.

Of course they are. They claimed that they saw certain proof that Taylor was offered $3,000 to $4,000 per session.

Just saw Bayonetta 2 with old voice actor it feels weird and the upcoming Bayonetta 3 the player doesn't know what is going on with old voice actor.

Shatts said:

This is a bloody mess if I were to use the words from Bayonetta, and I can only hope for Hellena Taylor to get some mental support. And obviously she is going to get some hate now, she was already suicidal before, idk if she can handle this man. But nobody cares for Hideki Kamiya right, imagine how he must have felt if this is true and so many raging replies towards him. It's the same with Bayonetta 2 like I explained before. Twitter and ppl in general gotta stop being so emotional and rashful. And this isn't official, remember Platinum still hasn't responded as far as I know.

He didnt deserve it and I respect the guy for his accomplishments, but its hard to feel too much sympathy for a guy like that.

While I have no doubt there is some truth to that's part of who Kamiya is. I think I remember hearing him say years ago since he is a wrestling fan he plays it up on twitter to be a wrestling heel. Some evidence about that as he makes fun of himself in the Mega64 video about being blocked.  I respect his work a ton and his taste in old arcade games as I do know he has a large PCB collection.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!