By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors of a strange new Remaster/Remake for PS5

PS "Remaster/Remake" 5.

Around the Network

I finally finished HZD several months ago and it plays just fine on a PS5. It still looks good and benefits from the frame rate boost the PS5 gives it. I can't see it getting a substantial benefit from an actual remaster.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Shadow1980 said:

I finally finished HZD several months ago and it plays just fine on a PS5. It still looks good and benefits from the frame rate boost the PS5 gives it. I can't see it getting a substantial benefit from an actual remaster.

it'll be updated to include added accessibility options, graphical options, PS5 dualsense features.

Basically, it'll now have a PS5 sku, whereas currently it's still a PS4 game running BC on PS5. 

Probably not needed, but whatever enhances the experience I suppose. 

Hiku said:

Tl;Dr: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster/Remake for PS5.

If this is true, like TLOU1 Remake was, there will be even more complaints this time around.

I mean Nintendo also had their WII U remasters? New Super mario bros WII U deluxe, Xenblade Chronicles 1 from Wii era to Switch Skyward Sword ETC.

Remake of games like FF7 is dope due to the leap in development due to advancements in technology making it almost a totally different game. But remaking/remastering of games one generation ago is so fucking lazy, pathetic and reeks of cash grabbing. If they continuing doing this the whole remake trend which has yielded some quality games will die.

Around the Network

Sony has recently been really failing me with their first party options. I didn't buy HZD the first time, and got it for free with PS Plus, still in queue to play. What makes them think I will buy it this time?

Just hurry up and make me a nice JRPG please.

Mystro-Sama said:

Remake of games like FF7 is dope due to the leap in development due to advancements in technology making it almost a totally different game. But remaking/remastering of games one generation ago is so fucking lazy, pathetic and reeks of cash grabbing. If they continuing doing this the whole remake trend which has yielded some quality games will die.

If they're making new games why would it matter if they remaster/ remake (most likely just a PS5 specific SKU in this case) some games?

The portstation 5 still gets new content occasionally, there is that.

Farsala said:

Sony has recently been really failing me with their first party options. I didn't buy HZD the first time, and got it for free with PS Plus, still in queue to play. What makes them think I will buy it this time?

Just hurry up and make me a nice JRPG please.

Basically you want them to almost completely change directions... they won't do that to appease a small portion of the userbase.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chrkeller said:

The portstation 5 still gets new content occasionally, there is that.

Unlike another plastic box from another company...

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar