By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors of a strange new Remaster/Remake for PS5

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

We don't need, but curiously for the Sony remasters even when they are rumor we get them right? You got Skyrim for free on PS5?

Yes I still hold that market will decide. You think otherwise, similarly with people that makes the threads to complain about pricing on PS5, still no thread was made to complain about this...

Have I complained about Skyrim price? Nope, I asked where is the thread complaining about it. And in fact I complained about the price of TLOU Part 1, and that as a customer it was unnecessary, while saying I do understand why they made the remake and why it was priced 70 (first being that it would sell well and second that they wouldn't release it for PS as 40USD and PC for 70, so they gone for since it is first release on PC go with price of new game).

On then rising the price of the console, I again said I don't like it, but with console being sold out and inflation it would hardly impact the sales of the console and Sony would try to maximize profit so again not desirable but understandable strategy (and in that case I even asked about the complains over Oculus Rift rising price, or MS that had rose price on India, and Nintendo that done a stealth rise with OLED and have a 5 year old system without price cut... none of these of course had the same complains).

So the not ironic is I knew you would try this type of deflection.

I got the Skyrim upgrade for free on PC as you know thats a thing on PC if you own base game and some QOA upgrades come pretty much every time we dont get charged for them upgrades. Its what you console gamers should be calling for now too since consoles are more like PC's now then ever before.

The Witcher 3 next gen upgrade is going to be free for everyone who owns the game too right?. But yet Sony wants to charge for what seems to be a few QOL upgrades. The has been complaints about all them other things you have said so i dont see the point your making.

Anyway back at you as i knew you would deflect the whole point too.

Saying you got a free upgrade in PC is kinda odd, since there isn't even a proper gen concept in PC, so games that are 20 year old could even be considered the same SKU.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

I got the Skyrim upgrade for free on PC as you know thats a thing on PC if you own base game and some QOA upgrades come pretty much every time we dont get charged for them upgrades. Its what you console gamers should be calling for now too since consoles are more like PC's now then ever before.

The Witcher 3 next gen upgrade is going to be free for everyone who owns the game too right?. But yet Sony wants to charge for what seems to be a few QOL upgrades. The has been complaints about all them other things you have said so i dont see the point your making.

Anyway back at you as i knew you would deflect the whole point too.

Saying you got a free upgrade in PC is kinda odd, since there isn't even a proper gen concept in PC, so games that are 20 year old could even be considered the same SKU.

Doesnt all your digital PS4 games carry over to the PS5? pretty much same concept.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Doesnt all your digital PS4 games carry over to the PS5? pretty much same concept.

You can install the disc on the PS5 as well, but isn't really the same concept as one is patched/emulated, and there is a PS4 and PS5 skus that are different. Sure nothing is holding Sony from making a free or cheap patch for someone that have TLOU on PS4 to get TLOU Part 1 on PS5, but they are in fact different SKUs, and as corporation they saw possibility of profiting with 70USD on it and from the numbers of the first month it seems their bet paid off.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

You can install the disc on the PS5 as well, but isn't really the same concept as one is patched/emulated, and there is a PS4 and PS5 skus that are different. Sure nothing is holding Sony from making a free or cheap patch for someone that have TLOU on PS4 to get TLOU Part 1 on PS5, but they are in fact different SKUs, and as corporation they saw possibility of profiting with 70USD on it and from the numbers of the first month it seems their bet paid off.

1. Thats my point you can bring your PS4 games to the Ps5.

2. The is also PC gens it just works like if you own an RTX2080 well now you can get a RTX 3080 or soon 4080 same with CPU's and ram, so whats your point here?, unless you think PC hardware has been the same the last 20 years?.

And once again you prove my point by complaining (with every right to do so) about Skyrim costing 70 on switch but defending Sony for doing the same thing.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

2. The is also PC gens it just works like if you own an RTX2080 well now you can get a RTX 3080 or soon 4080 same with CPU's and ram, so whats your point here?, unless you think PC hardware has been the same the last 20 years?.

And once again you prove my point by complaining (with every right to do so) about Skyrim costing 70 on switch but defending Sony for doing the same thing.

I think you are having problems reading.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
zero129 said:

I think you are having problems reading.

I guess you are since this is your reply. Unless you would like to point out my problem with reading?.

Can you not play Ps4 games on PS5?

Has PC hardware stayed the same for the last 20 years just like PS hardware has not?. i mean what is your point exactly?.

Saying PS hardware has gens but PC doesnt is just silly and stupid. So i see nothing wrong with my reply or my reading here.

Just since PC has some of the best backward and forward compatibility does not mean the isnt generations when it comes to PC hardware.

Last edited by zero129 - on 06 October 2022

I've been thinking a military FPS in the Horizon universe, essentially a prequel for HZD, when the machines started taking over the planet and the military fought back, with a story mode, co - op, and some PvP/PvE modes, could be incredible.

It would be one of Sony's most lucrative GaaS projects if executed properly.