By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors of a strange new Remaster/Remake for PS5

zero129 said:
twintail said:

it'll be updated to include added accessibility options, graphical options, PS5 dualsense features.

Basically, it'll now have a PS5 sku, whereas currently it's still a PS4 game running BC on PS5. 

Probably not needed, but whatever enhances the experience I suppose. 

And hopefully that will be free for current owners if thats all.

+1

Considering its age a free upgrade is surely the right move. I can see a $10 upgrade path in line with what they've been doing lately, though. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
zero129 said:

And hopefully that will be free for current owners if thats all.

+1

Considering its age a free upgrade is surely the right move. I can see a $10 upgrade path in line with what they've been doing lately, though. 

A €10 upgrade for current owners if it was big enough would be worth it too for console gamers i guess. But if not and all it is is a few QOA updates being a PC gamer im used to getting them kinds of upgrades free with patches and i hope console gamers start expecting the same thing now too.

twintail said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Remakes are great!... Just not of games that are a couple years old. Can we not agree on that?

Not sure why that would matter.

Would it be unnecessary? Sure. If this is all the company was doing? Sure, that would be incredibly disappointing.

But in the case here, it's ppl getting upset for the sake of it. The initial rumour is saying 'remaster/ remake', when the leaked document clearly says 'remaster'.

Based on what Sony have been doing, it's most likely just a PS5 update for the game. Nothing more.

The term Remaster and Remake mean little if the price is $70. The only thing that might justify a full $70 is if they Reboot the game. Changing facial animations or raising the Resolution and Fps is all patchable. 

Hope you are right and its just a $10-$20 PS5 upgrade but i highly doubt that.

zero129 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Studios see games like skyrim and gta5 doing numbers and they want that money. Its probably a remaster like when they made ps4 versions and ps5 versions.

Responding to this thread ...

People complain too much IMO.

First : Sony is pumping new games left and right, its not like they are preventing the likes of naughty dog and GGames from making new games to work on this.

Second : Not everything is for YOU , yes you and me played it already and dont care, its not for us , its for people who missed  it , dont had time, didnt feel like playing it on ps4 etc and now if they want they have it improved. I played GTA5 and skyrim on ps4 , they looked amazing compared to ps3 and xbox 360 version , i am glad i waited and i was happy ?!?!?

Third: If its expensive and you want to play it, vote with your wallet, wait for it on psplus extra , wait for a sale.

Hahahaha. Man i love you, you act the same with every company right?. I mean if Ms remastered the same games so many times you would love them just as much too right?.

Thanks for loving me. 

smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure, bring your PS Account to show you are a concerned consumer.

I don't actually remember seeing you excited in any Sony related thread, report, rumor, etc.

About Sony remaking the wrong games, first they, you or even me don't know what is the effort for each of them (the ones made and the ones one would like made, myself would like Syphon Filter before any of the ones they released), but considering the numbers they have been pulling it doesn't seem wrong businesswise.

LivingDeadkoala is my username. You can look it up. Played on the ps3 which is what I still have. I haven't turned it on in like 5 years, mostly because if issues with it. Skipped the ps4 and plan on getting a PS5 eventually, not in a rush tho. I beat and played more games listed like The Last of Us, one of my favorite games, but it must have been on another account or I played on an offline account. 

I have a fairly extensive list of physically owned games, but the controller I have doesn't have gyro so games like Killzone 2, Resistance 3 and some others didn't work on the off brand controller. God Of War 3 and Last of Us played good without it. I wanted to beat Uncharted 2, but ran into a game breaking bug that didn't let me progress no matter what I tried. 

PS is not my go to system but I'm still a fan of their games and they have certainly been very consistent with releasing great games. You don't need to be so defensive when someone is critical of Sony. 

So basically you moved from PS long long ago. And if you are fan of their games and think they have been making great games why would you basically not get a PS console for so long, even more when PS4 was when they hit gold?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

The only complaint I have with these remasters is the price. $50 seems fair, the $70 seems too much. I am a bit annoyed Dead Space, one of my favorite games, is $70. I'll wait on a price drop for sure on that one, same with TLoU.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

On the notes of GTA and Skyrim I'm still waiting for the outrage over those 2 games.

Really you missed all the memes etc about them two games even more so skyrim??. guess you been living under a rock.

Haven't seem outrage threads on VGC complaining about GTA V (I have seem complains about not having GTAVI news, but this much vitriol against R* nope I haven't and they are having slug pacing since ever), and none painting MS as a greedy corporation for Skyrim Switch being 70USD or the fact that they have basically not releasing a new Elder Scrolls for a long long time.

Would you point me these threads? Would be even better to see you complaining on it together with some key people.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

Really you missed all the memes etc about them two games even more so skyrim??. guess you been living under a rock.

Haven't seem outrage threads on VGC complaining about GTA V (I have seem complains about not having GTAVI news, but this much vitriol against R* nope I haven't and they are having slug pacing since ever), and none painting MS as a greedy corporation for Skyrim Switch being 70USD or the fact that they have basically not releasing a new Elder Scrolls for a long long time.

Would you point me these threads? Would be even better to see you complaining on it together with some key people.

You dont need a thread when you have articles and forum posts announcing the games and then you see people in them threads complaining.

Hell the time Skyrim PS5 XBSX version was announced i did complain about it being a miner upgrade and how i thought it was going to have ray tracing etc. But then like i said since it was a QOA upgrade i got that for free since i already owned the base game.

Like i said stop being so selective with your memory and come out from under that rock. Skyrim has been memed to death and back. What more complaining do you need?. And as for the switch price that is shitty. But like you and other Sony fans have been saying the market will choose to buy it or not.

Ironic to see you complaining about a price when you dont do the same for Sony charging more for games, upping their console price Very ironic.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

You dont need a thread when you have articles and forum posts announcing the games and then you see people in them threads complaining.

Hell the time Skyrim PS5 XBSX version was announced i did complain about it being a miner upgrade and how i thought it was going to have ray tracing etc. But then like i said since it was a QOA upgrade i got that for free since i already owned the base game.

Like i said stop being so selective with your memory and come out from under that rock. Skyrim has been memed to death and back. What more complaining do you need?. And as for the switch price that is shitty. But like you and other Sony fans have been saying the market will choose to buy it or not.

Ironic to see you complaining about a price when you dont do the same for Sony charging more for games, upping their console price Very ironic.

We don't need, but curiously for the Sony remasters even when they are rumor we get them right? You got Skyrim for free on PS5?

Yes I still hold that market will decide. You think otherwise, similarly with people that makes the threads to complain about pricing on PS5, still no thread was made to complain about this...

Have I complained about Skyrim price? Nope, I asked where is the thread complaining about it. And in fact I complained about the price of TLOU Part 1, and that as a customer it was unnecessary, while saying I do understand why they made the remake and why it was priced 70 (first being that it would sell well and second that they wouldn't release it for PS as 40USD and PC for 70, so they gone for since it is first release on PC go with price of new game).

On then rising the price of the console, I again said I don't like it, but with console being sold out and inflation it would hardly impact the sales of the console and Sony would try to maximize profit so again not desirable but understandable strategy (and in that case I even asked about the complains over Oculus Rift rising price, or MS that had rose price on India, and Nintendo that done a stealth rise with OLED and have a 5 year old system without price cut... none of these of course had the same complains).

So the not ironic is I knew you would try this type of deflection.

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

We don't need, but curiously for the Sony remasters even when they are rumor we get them right? You got Skyrim for free on PS5?

Yes I still hold that market will decide. You think otherwise, similarly with people that makes the threads to complain about pricing on PS5, still no thread was made to complain about this...

Have I complained about Skyrim price? Nope, I asked where is the thread complaining about it. And in fact I complained about the price of TLOU Part 1, and that as a customer it was unnecessary, while saying I do understand why they made the remake and why it was priced 70 (first being that it would sell well and second that they wouldn't release it for PS as 40USD and PC for 70, so they gone for since it is first release on PC go with price of new game).

On then rising the price of the console, I again said I don't like it, but with console being sold out and inflation it would hardly impact the sales of the console and Sony would try to maximize profit so again not desirable but understandable strategy (and in that case I even asked about the complains over Oculus Rift rising price, or MS that had rose price on India, and Nintendo that done a stealth rise with OLED and have a 5 year old system without price cut... none of these of course had the same complains).

So the not ironic is I knew you would try this type of deflection.

I got the Skyrim upgrade for free on PC as you know thats a thing on PC if you own base game and some QOA upgrades come pretty much every time we dont get charged for them upgrades. Its what you console gamers should be calling for now too since consoles are more like PC's now then ever before.

The Witcher 3 next gen upgrade is going to be free for everyone who owns the game too right?. But yet Sony wants to charge for what seems to be a few QOL upgrades. The has been complaints about all them other things you have said so i dont see the point your making.

Anyway back at you as i knew you would deflect the whole point too.