By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors of a strange new Remaster/Remake for PS5

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hiku said:

But like with the TLOU Remake rumor, this is also one that has been corroborated by several trustworthy sources.
If this was just a 4chan post from some annoymous account, I wouldn't have brought it up.

I'm guessing its just a Remaster (though I could see them possibly adding some quality of life improvements from Horizon 2), but that still seems like a waste of effort since you can just play the PS4 version on PS5 just fine.

Studios see games like skyrim and gta5 doing numbers and they want that money. Its probably a remaster like when they made ps4 versions and ps5 versions.

Responding to this thread ...

People complain too much IMO.

First : Sony is pumping new games left and right, its not like they are preventing the likes of naughty dog and GGames from making new games to work on this.

Second : Not everything is for YOU , yes you and me played it already and dont care, its not for us , its for people who missed  it , dont had time, didnt feel like playing it on ps4 etc and now if they want they have it improved. I played GTA5 and skyrim on ps4 , they looked amazing compared to ps3 and xbox 360 version , i am glad i waited and i was happy ?!?!?

Third: If its expensive and you want to play it, vote with your wallet, wait for it on psplus extra , wait for a sale.

Nobody is missing HZD because the ps4 version is still very much playable on the PS5 if someone is interested in playing. It's not dated by any means. Why not remaster/remake a game that's not playable on the PS5 like classic PS3/PS2 games? That is something worth getting excited for. Not some cash grab that this clearly is similar to tlou, gtv5, skyrim, and many others. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 03 October 2022

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Studios see games like skyrim and gta5 doing numbers and they want that money. Its probably a remaster like when they made ps4 versions and ps5 versions.

First : Sony is pumping new games left and right, its not like they are preventing the likes of naughty dog and GGames from making new games to work on this.

Second : Not everything is for YOU , yes you and me played it already and dont care, its not for us , its for people who missed  it , dont had time, didnt feel like playing it on ps4 etc and now if they want they have it improved. I played GTA5 and skyrim on ps4 , they looked amazing compared to ps3 and xbox 360 version , i am glad i waited and i was happy ?!?!?

Third: If its expensive and you want to play it, vote with your wallet, wait for it on psplus extra , wait for a sale.

Nobody is missing HZD because the ps4 version is still very much playable on the PS5 if someone is interested in playing. It's not dated by any means. Why not remaster/remake a game that's not playable on the PS5 like classic PS3/PS2 games? That is something worth getting excited for. Not some cash grab that this clearly is similar to tlou, gtv5, skyrim, and many others. 

Because the type of remaster we are talking here wouldn't really bring the game to current standard that is what seems to be Sony plan so far. You are asking for massive remake instead of simple remaster.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:

Because the type of remaster we are talking here wouldn't really bring the game to current standard that is what seems to be Sony plan so far. You are asking for massive remake instead of simple remaster.

Thanks for confirming that they are being cheap. They could do a remaster of a games like we saw with Quake and Golden Eye if they want to do low budget. At least those games can't be played on current systems without it. They are clearly capable of doing a proper remake/remaster since Demons Souls released not long ago. 

smroadkill15 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Gta5 on ps4 is not a fucking cash grab, same as skyrim that was broken on ps3 and was great on ps4 (the ps5 is probably ?)

Tlous was.a.ps3 game, probably the best game there but people  lost their minds over it xD 

But then we have mass effect that had not a extensive upgraded and people praise it.

I would gladly pay 70 dolars for every mass effect game remade similar to tlous.

Would make sense since they did the same with Tlou part 1 to have it available before the release of the show on HBO. They want that TW3 x TW on Netflix effect so they will do anything for that money.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
smroadkill15 said:

Gta5 on ps4 is not a fucking cash grab, same as skyrim that was broken on ps3 and was great on ps4 (the ps5 is probably 😂)

Tlous was.a.ps3 game, probably the best game there but people  lost their minds over it xD 

But then we have mass effect that had not a extensive upgraded and people praise it.

I would gladly pay 70 dolars for every mass effect game remade similar to tlous.

I'm talking about the PS5/Xbox Series version of GTA5, which is basically the same. The GTA5 for Xbox One/PS4 had enough new content it was worthwhile.

TLOU was not a worthwhile remake for $70. Didn't include multiplayer even. Make it $50 at most. Just because the game is great, doesn't give it an excuse. The original remaster holds up just fine. 

At least with Mass effect it was a collection so it was an easy bang for your buck. 

Skyrim on the Switch is certainly one as well. $70 for that is garbage. 

smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:

Thanks for confirming that they are being cheap. They could do a remaster of a games like we saw with Quake and Golden Eye if they want to do low budget. At least those games can't be played on current systems without it. They are clearly capable of doing a proper remake/remaster since Demons Souls released not long ago. 

And again that is not their strategy plus you don't even buy PS games so your complaining just for complaining sake.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I own a bunch of ps 1, 2, 3 ,4 and 5 games. TLoU remaster for $70 is just absurd.

Hiku said:

Tl;Dr: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster/Remake for PS5.

If this is true, like TLOU1 Remake was, there will be even more complaints this time around.

It's just going to be a Directors Cut. Really no need for anyone to get their knickers in a knot over this. 

twintail said:
Hiku said:

Tl;Dr: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster/Remake for PS5.

If this is true, like TLOU1 Remake was, there will be even more complaints this time around.

It's just going to be a Directors Cut. Really no need for anyone to get their knickers in a knot over this. 

waiting for info will pay out

If Sony decides to put a big investment and charge a lot for the game then we can complain.