By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors of a strange new Remaster/Remake for PS5

Excuse me but wtf.

Around the Network

Plenty of ps1,ps2,ps3 games that could get remastered, but lets remaster an already beautiful game that can already be played on the PS5.

Qwark said:

Before bashing you also need to consider this is a rumour not an announcement.

But like with the TLOU Remake rumor, this is also one that has been corroborated by several trustworthy sources.
If this was just a 4chan post from some annoymous account, I wouldn't have brought it up.

I'm guessing its just a Remaster (though I could see them possibly adding some quality of life improvements from Horizon 2), but that still seems like a waste of effort since you can just play the PS4 version on PS5 just fine.

Last edited by Hiku - on 03 October 2022

It could be to preface the inevitable 3rd horizon game so that the visuals from 1 to 3 don’t come off as jarring. I dunno. I want there to be a better excuse than just a cash grab but I’m not convinced. I’ll wait to see more info as it comes

The listed details all make it sound like a remaster and not a remake, so at least it's not like they're making the game all over again.

I definitely think like many here that Sony's compulsion to bring all their recent titles to edge of graphical fidelity is overkill and that their time could probably be better spent, but I also think people are jumping the gun assuming this will be a 70$ standalone title like Last of Us Part I when nothing really points to that.

For now I'd assume there will be an upgrade option for existing owners like they have done with other titles, probably not a free one, but I don't expect they'll try to sell it off as a new game.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
V-r0cK said:

This definitely isn't needed. Sony should be focusing all their resources on how to counter the loss of CoD by reviving old FPS/creating new.

They're not likely to get success by just trying to make an FPS. There's a reason why CoD doesn't have much competition, and a big part of that is it's not easy to match.

They're making lots of smaller, but probably good moves.

They have a partnership with Deviation Games that is filled with people who worked on Call of Duty Black Ops. I don't know if they're working on a shooter though. 

They also have a partnership with Firewalk, I think this one is a FPS. 

They could bring back Resistance and Killzone as there are some fans that would like to see that.

For sure they wont be as successful as CoD but if they continue to try then 1) it's possible they could stumble upon a successful enough FPS game 2) it could hold down Playstation owners from jumping ship if Sony can satisfy the FPS itch.

But regardless I'd rather see Sony try something new or revive something old than to just remaster a last gen game that's still very fresh.

I won't be buying it like I didn't buy TLOU as I don't like either but I swear when most people outrage over Sony and their IPs they end up like this

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Hiku said:
Qwark said:

Before bashing you also need to consider this is a rumour not an announcement.

But like with the TLOU Remake rumor, this is also one that has been corroborated by several trustworthy sources.
If this was just a 4chan post from some annoymous account, I wouldn't have brought it up.

I'm guessing its just a Remaster (though I could see them possibly adding some quality of life improvements from Horizon 2), but that still seems like a waste of effort since you can just play the PS4 version on PS5 just fine.

Studios see games like skyrim and gta5 doing numbers and they want that money. Its probably a remaster like when they made ps4 versions and ps5 versions.

Responding to this thread ...

People complain too much IMO.

First : Sony is pumping new games left and right, its not like they are preventing the likes of naughty dog and GGames from making new games to work on this.

Second : Not everything is for YOU , yes you and me played it already and dont care, its not for us , its for people who missed  it , dont had time, didnt feel like playing it on ps4 etc and now if they want they have it improved. I played GTA5 and skyrim on ps4 , they looked amazing compared to ps3 and xbox 360 version , i am glad i waited and i was happy ?!?!?

Third: If its expensive and you want to play it, vote with your wallet, wait for it on psplus extra , wait for a sale.

Just to remind that remasters are usually lot lower budget and time consuming (and of course should also be priced a lot lower) than remakes. And also a remaster by not taking that much resources (that could even be idle on the team) doesn't impact or prevents a new game from being developed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hiku said:

Studios see games like skyrim and gta5 doing numbers and they want that money. Its probably a remaster like when they made ps4 versions and ps5 versions.

Responding to this thread ...

People complain too much IMO.

First : Sony is pumping new games left and right, its not like they are preventing the likes of naughty dog and GGames from making new games to work on this.

Second : Not everything is for YOU , yes you and me played it already and dont care, its not for us , its for people who missed  it , dont had time, didnt feel like playing it on ps4 etc and now if they want they have it improved. I played GTA5 and skyrim on ps4 , they looked amazing compared to ps3 and xbox 360 version , i am glad i waited and i was happy ?!?!?

Third: If its expensive and you want to play it, vote with your wallet, wait for it on psplus extra , wait for a sale.

On the notes of GTA and Skyrim I'm still waiting for the outrage over those 2 games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."