By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2022: Casual Edition... or perhaps not?

Who will win Super Bowl LVII?

Buffalo Bills 4 40.00%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Tennessee Titans 1 10.00%

Kansas City Chiefs 2 20.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 1 10.00%

Green Bay Backers 0 0%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

Other (AFC) 0 0%

Other (NFC) 2 20.00%

Total:10

The only thing that can stop the 49ers at this point is injuries.

Deebo, PLEASE be ok!!!

Around the Network

Things took a dark turn for the Vikes after the botched Cook trick throw. Holy hell... what a bad call.

Weeks have passed since my last post in here, but the World Cup was more important for the time being. In the meantime, the Packers went only 2-2 over the stretch they should have gone at least 3-1 to remain in a realistic position for a playoff spot.

But the results of their competition have been rather favorable over the same stretch. Now the Packers need to run the table to finish at 9-8 and pass three of the following teams: Commanders and Giants (both at 7-5-1), Seahawks (7-6) and Lions (6-7). All of these teams have their own problems, but the Commanders and Giants will play each other in week 15 to make one of them 8-5-1, therefore the Packers will at best pass only one of them by the end of the season. The Seahawks have a tough remaining schedule while the Lions are still the Lions.

However... this year's Packers are a mediocre team that didn't manage to be a good team that at least beats all the mediocre and bad teams while losing to the good teams. That's usually good enough to sneak into the playoffs, but with losses to the Commanders, Giants and Lions, the Packers have put themselves in a bad situation. At least the head to head tie-breaker against the two NFC East teams won't matter at all due to the tie between them.

First and foremost the Packers will have to win their own games against the Rams, Vikings, Dolphins and Lions, with three of these games being at Lambeau Field. It's not an easy schedule, but a doable one. Yet on the other hand the Packers have fallen short too often this season, so I certainly don't have the confidence like in years past when a 4-6 Packers team had to run the table to get into the playoffs and pulled it off comfortably. A 7-10 or worse finish is more probable than a 9-8 season with a playoff berth, but giving up the team now already would be too lame.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Brady should have stayed retired.

Bengals look legit. 49ers are scary. Not impressed with the bills, not consistent. Fins have yet to beat a good team. Philly is balanced.

Great season so far.

Is Tom Brady the oldest Active player ever?

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Is Tom Brady the oldest Active player ever?

Nope, George Blanda played in one game when he was 48

George Blanda - Wikipedia

Plus, Morten Anderson and Adam Vinatieri played until they were 47 both of them were kickers and Vinatieri was Brady's teammate for his fist six years in the league.

Clinching the division is great by itself.
But to do it against the Seahawks IN Seattle.
Ohhhhhh, I’m gonna sleep like a baby tonight!

Thanks for nothing, Colts.

PAOerfulone said:

Thanks for nothing, Colts.

The Matt Ryan curse lives on!

Week 15 came with mixed results for the Packers, but it's unrealistic to expect everything to go right for them.

Good: They won their own game. The Seahawks lost theirs.

Neither good or bad: The Giants beat the Commanders. I would have prefered it the other way around, because the Giants seemed more likely to completely implode.

Bad: The Lions won.

Mathematically, the Packers can still become the sixth seed.

Next up: A visit in Miami. The Dolphins are a playoff contender that has been in a slump lately, so on the surface this game is less difficult than it seemed a month ago. As always, the Packers first need to win their own game for the rest to matter.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.