By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2022: Casual Edition... or perhaps not?

Who will win Super Bowl LVII?

Buffalo Bills 4 40.00%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Tennessee Titans 1 10.00%

Kansas City Chiefs 2 20.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 1 10.00%

Green Bay Backers 0 0%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

Other (AFC) 0 0%

Other (NFC) 2 20.00%

Total:10

Looks like the Packers keep getting worse. It's not just back to back losses that hurt, it's that these losses came against the two teams from New York who are absolute basket case.

Green Bay needs to get their act together and hope that the Vikings regress to their usual of winning/losing in tightly contested games, because so far the purple bunch has won all their close games this season. Otherwise, the Packers won't win the NFC North and will be eventually renamed to the Green Bay Slackers.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

Bucs and Packers look terrible. I'm starting to believe in the Giants. Bills look like the team to beat.

Out of the NFC, the Eagles look like the team to beat. I mean, they're the only undefeated team left. While the Vikings behind them (I still don't think the Giants are for real.)

But honestly, I think this year's SB is Buffalo's to lose. If they can get through the season mostly healthy, I don't see how anyone can beat them.

Eagles maintain their winning streak, and not a single team is winless now. It is looking like there truly aren't any amazing teams, all pretty mediocre.

Except the AFC North looking like dumpster tier with the Steelers, Browns and Bengals falling down from recent years, while Ravens maintain mediocrity.

I'm getting dangerously close to being hyped for the Jets. If they win against Denver I may get my hopes up for a playoff spot.

Around the Network

Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers.

I’m not entirely sure how I feel about this move.
Yes, I’m aware that CMC is a great player when healthy, but can hr stay healthy on a tram that already has trouble staying healthy?

Plus, there were other dire positions of need I would’ve rather traded for over getting another RB. Like a run stuffing DT w/ Kinlaw and Armstead both out, or a starting calibur CB w/ Moseley out for the year, Ward day-to-day, and God knows what we’ll get out of Verrett.

But one thing’s for sure. With an offense of Trent Williams, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle, Kyle Juszczyk, Brandon Aiyuk, and now Christian McCaffrey… No excuses now, Kyle. You better not fuck this up!!!

Welp, Jets are now 5-2 now. After one of the ugliest games in the season. Dunno if the Jets defense is great or the Broncos offense is awful. Or if the Jets offense is awful or if the Denver defsnse is that good. Probably somewhere in the middle for both questions. Breece Hall is probably gone for the rest of the season.

But, 5-2 is 5-2. Jets have a pretty soft schedule, and if they could come up with one game out of their next 3 division games coming up, they'll be looking good for a playoff spot.

Can the 49ers play the Rams every week for the rest of the season?

This has been a very interesting season so far lol

Now the Packers look a lot like the team that got Mike McCarthy fired. The offense is dysfunctional for the most part and the team as a whole plays worse than its roster would suggest.

The most recent game in Detroit was a case of self-destruction with three interceptions taking three surefire occasions of scoring away from the Packers. Green Bay dropped to 3-6 right before the toughest stretch in the schedule with the Cowboys, Titans and Eagles coming up before a trip to Chicago closes out the time before the bye week. The Packers would need to go at least 3-1 during this part of the season to come out of the bye with their playoff hopes alive. A 10-7 record would probably be good enough to get into the playoffs this year, with some luck even 9-8 could do the trick.

But alas, there's not much hope left. The Packers' losses were usually deserved this season, so it isn't a case of just being a bit better during crucial points in any given game. This is a mediocre team with a below average record and it would take a miracle to get back into the playoff race despite a very mixed NFC where the 49ers occupy the seventh spot in the conference with a 4-4 record, and a 6-2 Giants team that doesn't really look sustainable.

The only bright spot in the loss to Detroit was that the offense was able to move the ball consistently instead of having to punt quick and often. But at the same time the Lions have the worst defense in the league, so even that little success is hollow. The losses to the Commanders and Lions could not be afforded. Two wins in these games would have put the Packers at 5-4 at this point, leaving them with a real chance to get into the playoffs as a wild card team. Green Bay doesn't have the luxury of Tampa Bay, because the Vikings have kept winning all those close games this season. The NFC North title is out of reach at this point, even with the Vikings due to lose a bunch of games in the second half of the season.

But hey, the next two games against the Cowboys and Titans are at home at least. And maybe the underdog role pays off. Hope dies last, as they say.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.