By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stadia officially shutting down January 18th, 2023

The writing was on the wall for a long time. At least refunds will be happening.

Around the Network

The 5 people that used that service will be disappointed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

"We will be refunding all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store, and all game and add-on content purchases made through the Stadia store."

Damn all hardware too? That's pretty awesome, don't think I've seen that before in gaming.

HAHAHAHA!

GREAT NEWS!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

With games being cloud based and full refunds available, the only proof the platform and its games ever existed will be the handful of physical devices and controllers with Stadia branding. A warning to all gamers about cloud-only based platforms.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Took long enough. It was pretty clear Stadia was DOA

ice said:

"We will be refunding all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store, and all game and add-on content purchases made through the Stadia store."

Damn all hardware too? That's pretty awesome, don't think I've seen that before in gaming.

Sucks that the only thing Google won't be refunding is Pro subscriptions. The hardcore Google fans got ripped off the most on that one

I wonder how Amazon Luna is doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Okay.

In other news, what did everyone have for lunch today?

Not surprising at all.

But didn't a few bigger third party games got also announced for Stadia just a few months ago? I was expecting more 3rd party companies to drop the platform sooner before Google shutting it down. Guess they're not too happy now.

Last edited by Barozi - on 29 September 2022