By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stadia officially shutting down January 18th, 2023

Signalstar said:

I wonder how Amazon Luna is doing?

You need to grow to a certain size of users before this becomes profittable imo.
Market just isnt big enough to support, more than maybe 2-3 big players doing this, again my opinion.

I'd put money on Playstation & Xbox, both haveing one of those slots (on the video game side).
I also imagine that Steam, could at some point enter this market, and utterly crush, any upstarts.

Its a risky investment imo, its a gamble likely to fail.
I would be surprised if amazon isn't loseing money on Luna.
The question then becomes how long will it keep doing so, before closeing up shop?

Around the Network

Not gonna lie I was convinced that this was already dead for a while.

More people bought and played a Bandai Wonderswan than Google Stadia.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

God damn the truth hurts

gtotheunit91 said:

God damn the truth hurts

Why I keep saying he's the Vince Russo of gaming exec.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Red Dead Redemption 2 fan with nearly 6,000 hours on Stadia begs Rockstar for character transfer

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/xs2jwz/red_dead_redemption_2_fan_with_nearly_6000_hours/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

This is exactly why I will never go cloud only. Something like Geforce now where you own the game on steam if shit goes down and as save file/progression sync with Steam... Fair enough. But Cloud only? This is what happens if shit goes to bed...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I remember being excited when I heard google was about to make a big announcement in the gaming sector. Plenty of buzz about a new console. The reveal was the biggest “whatever” in gaming history

Ka-pi96 said:

Good. Game streaming deserves to fail!

It won't. Game streaming will come, if you like it or not. Google failed on the side of managing a gaming platform, not on technology.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Strange thing is, now game devs saying they were still about to release games on Stadia just days ago:

It's not only Tangle Tower, if you read the thread other devs are joining in.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

So doesn’t this hurt the third party devs on Stradia? If folks get refunded, does the devs keep something?