By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Condition is All Your Gaming Hardware In?

Tagged games:

My handhelds well preserved, with the exception of my 3DS, which has a scratch on it since I bought it used and got it cheaper that way. My Switch is fine as well, but the joycons are fucked, the drifting is ridiculous. My Wii is also well. My PS2 was already a dinosaur when I bought it, and it died not long after, the poor thing.

Also, I think the heat is killing my PC's graphics card. I changed every part of it but that card, and it crashes from time to time, no idea why.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

My parents teach me to donate my toys when I was no longer interested on them, I went to another level and started donating electronics like TV, DVD and computers. Consoles are no different, so once I'm satisfied I always donate them

In the course of last 15 years or so I have detonated my SNES, PS1, PS2, 3DS and my first Switch. All them perfectly functional (well, the PS1 not totally if I remember I didn't have a controller, but I might be wrong)

DS was discharged because it was broken, so was my first PS2 (my mom bought second hand, it lasted 2 or 3 years before breaking I think)

Two weeks ago I've donated my PS4 too, even before my PS5 was delivered. Currently only have a Switch and a PS5

I will donate my second Switch when Switch 2 gets released if it has BC, if it's not I might wait for a while before donating it

Wow a lot of people here are gamers

I use to have a comprehensive console collection. Every worked and was hooked up simultaneously. After years of never using any I eventually sold everything off. I still have a couple things though.

Original Xbox: software hacked with the mechassault exploit. Still runs things from HDD but the optical drive is dead. Something like 32 game discs in perfect condition that I can’t play.

Xbox 360 slim: Works perfect but the bumpers on the controller do nothing. I have a spare controller I use on the pc. 360 controller is my favorite design.

PC: built in 2010. It is running perfectly fine and plays Witcher 3 and gta v really well. All the fans are dead but one. The panels are removed from all the sides, full of dust. The power button in the case stopped working; the power button on the motherboard is going out (takes multiple presses to turn on.

Steam deck: just got it yesterday. Mint

The things that I still own are all in great shape (2DS XL, Switch OLED, PS3 fat bc model, PS5, Xbox Series X, and my PC). I tend to get rid of old consoles/handhelds as holding onto them only take up the limited space that I have. Maybe when I buy my own house, I'll have the space to get back the consoles I sold and expand my collection.

Edit: 

I use all of them pretty regularly except the PS3, currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening on my 2DS XL, recently finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on my Switch, my PS3 hasn't been used in awhile, PS5 I'm currently playing Ai The Somnium Files, Xbox I play Overwatch pretty often, and lastly I use my PC every day. 

Last edited by NobleTeam360 - on 04 September 2022

Around the Network

Sold my Switch lite and PS4 Pro late last year.
Now I only have two year old PC (looking to upgrade GPU) and PS5, which I bought in February.

Commodore 64: The OG one, not the remake. It's in good condition, its age considered. But the same can't be said for all its games, it's difficult having ancient floppy media survive decades without optiamal storage conditions. I have no working controller for it, but there's a shop about 15 minutes away from here that sell all kinds of old gaming stuff (it's called the "Nostalgia Store" and it's glorious!).

Amiga 500: Got this from my cousin when he moved out of his parents' place. It's in good condition, as are the two controllers!

NES: Good condition, but currently unavailable to me (my parents won't really let me into their home right now). Two controllers and still-working light gun from "Duck Hunt".

N64: Mint condition, my uncle gave this to my siblings and I for christmas in 1997. My sisters showed no interest in it, but I played it a lot. I have two functioning controllers for it as well, and 5-6 games in good condition.

PS1 Slim: This is somewhere in storage and my parents' house, if it's even there now. It was in decent condition last I saw it, but it took some punishment when my mom was babysitting a couple of kids for a few years back in the early 2000's. I told her not to let the kids use it; but hey, she did. Only one controller has survived the ages, as far as I know, I may also have one somewhere without analogue sticks.

PS2 (OG): Mint condition. I also have about 60 games for it, all working well, some of them have banged up containers though, mostly from my moving around so often and possibly due to poor storage condition. Two good controllers for it as well.

PS3 Slim: Good condition, I always have a care with my tech and keep them fresh and healthy, but the PS3 had some quality issues. It runs warm after 2-3 hours of play and the disc reader sounds like an airplane. I still have my 30+ games for it though, all in mint condition. Both controllers work well.

PS4 Slim: Mint condition, I've used this a lot, certainly much more than my PS3. It seems to have better build quality than the PS3 by far. I have about 40 games for it and two mint DS4 controllers.

Xbox One S: Mint condition, save for a wifi controller that broke after two years (not covered by warranty, I'm afraid), two mint controllers. I only ever played 4-5 games on this and mostly use it as a 4K Blu-ray player.

Gaming PC from 2015: Still use it, usually every day, with the exception of warm summer days and when I'm away at work (I work 24.5 hour shifts). It was top-of-the line when I built it and still hangs in there (980 Ti and a decent i7-5820K). Everything works smoothly, including my keyboard and mouse, which were both purchased along with the rig. The mouse has taken a slight beating, and there are minor issues with the left button at times, but it still works fine (it's a Logitech 502).

Overall, my gear is in good condition. I'm not a collector, and I never had access to proper storage or a dedicated gaming room, but I always make it a point to take of my stuff since we had little money when I grew up. MY economy today is great, but I still maintain all my things and always get sad when I see how people treat their tech today (I have my phones for about 5 years on average and I still have my first ever CD that I bought at age 13).

• my first gaming handheld "Space Vikings" (1982): still works fine after changing the thin battery
  • Atari 2600: just borrowed it from a friend for months; gave it back
  • Commodore 128: sold it for a good price
  • Amiga 500: can't find it anymore in the attic, perhaps at a friend's house
  • SNES: just borrowed it from a friend for months; gave it back
  • my first PC (486/33 MHz): upgraded it to 486 DX4/100 MHz, later sold it
  • PSX: still works fine
  • N64: sold it for a good price
  • GameBoy Color: gifted it to a friend
  • PS2: just borrowed it from a friend for months; gave it back
  • GameBoy Advance SP: lost it on a trip
  • GameBoy Advance: got it from a friend as a gift after I lost my GBA SP, still works fine
  • GameCube: still works fine
  • original Xbox: still works fine
  • PSP 1000 (US launch model, got it half a year before the EU launch): still works fine after changing the battery
  • Xbox 360 (2005 launch model without HDMI): sold it for a good price
  • Wii (2006 launch model): sold when I got a cheap Wii U with 100% Wii compatibility
  • PS3 (2007 launch model 60 GB): upgraded it to 1 TB, works okay (fan can get loud)
  • DS lite: hinge and touchscreen are slightly damaged
  • Nvidia 3D Vision glasses: theoretically work fine, but driver support ended
  • Xbox 360 (2008 Jasper model): RROD in 2014, gladly I got it running one last time to upload my savegames ("towel trick")
  • PS Vita OLED 3G (2012 launch model): still works fine
  • 3DS XL (2012 launch model): still works fine
  • PS4 (2013 launch model): sold it for a good price when PS4 Pro launched
  • Wii U "Premium": still works fine
  • Xbox One (2015 model without Kinect): traded it in for a Xbox One X (was a good deal)
  • PS Vita Slim (awesome deal in 2015 with many games included): still works fine
  • PS4 Pro (2016 launch model): sold it for a good price after I got my PS5
  • PSVR: still works fine, Move controllers got new batteries
  • Oculus Rift: sold it for a good price after I got my HP Reverb G2
  • Nintendo Switch (2017 launch model): still works fine, battery life could be better
  • Xbox One X: still works fine, waiting for an upgrade deal to Series X
  • HP Reverb G2: still works fine, still with warranty
  • PS5 (UHD-Disc edition): still works fine, still with warranty
  • Steam Deck (512 GB edition): still works fine, still with warranty
  • most of my PCs and GPUs of the last 20 years: gifted them to relatives when I bought a new one

Mega Drive/Genesis Mark I: Acceptable
N64: Rough, but functioning
GameCube: Acceptable
GBA SP: Decent to good condition
PS3 Super Slim: Rough, the Blu-ray drive doesn't work
Wii: Rough, dual-layer discs are pretty much a no-go. The lens has been cleaned before.
DSi: Good condition
3DS: Rough. The hinge near the power light condition is slightly cracked. There are also some scuffs around the shell.
Wii U: Decent to good condition
Switch: Good condition.
PS4 Pro: Decent condition, but occasionally gets really loud and has overheated a few times. An interior cleaning is inevitable at some point.
Vita 1000: Good condition

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

PC, 3DS, Switch, PS5 - all good

Wii U - Has been untouched, collecting mass amounts of dust for like the last 5 years