By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Condition is All Your Gaming Hardware In?

Tagged games:

Everything except PS4 and Switch are in their boxes, which in turn are stashed in more boxes. Don't have original packaging for everything anymore though.

In a list;
- 2x VideoPac G7000; one boxed and stashed, one broken (was parts donor) with no box but stashed
- Atari 2600, boxed and stashed
- NES, boxed and stashed
- Mega Drive, boxed and stashed
- SNES, boxed and stashed
- PS1, no box, stashed
- 3x N64; one boxed and stashed, two without box but stashed
- 2x Dreamcast; no boxes but stashed
- GameCube, boxed and stashed
- PS3, no box but stashed
- Wii, boxed and stashed
- WiiU, boxed and stashed
- PS4, set up but have box
- Switch, set up but have box

- 3x GameBoy; Classic no box but stashed, Pocket boxed and stashed, Color boxed and stashed
- GameBoy Advance, boxed and stashed
- DS, boxed and stashed
- PSVita, boxed and stashed
- 2x 3DS; one out of box but have box, one sealed and stashed

Everything except the one G7000 that I got to use as a donor for parts for the other one, is at least in good condition. Some have minor use marks, no yellowing on old consoles like NES and SNES or scratches on handheld screens. Everything works as far as I'm aware, I tested most of them about 7 years ago when I moved. Games are usually packed with their respective consoles, except obviously PS4 and Switch games. There's also a handful of WiiU, Wii, 3DS and PS3 games scattered about which I have been too lazy to stash. I also keep every Zelda game separate, they have a special spot all for themselves.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 06 September 2022

Around the Network

All still working apart from my NES, which can't read the cartridges anymore it seems.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

All still working apart from my NES, which can't read the cartridges anymore it seems.

That's common. The easiest way to fix it is replace the 72 pin connector (which I just did a couple weeks ago).

Everything still fine, except PS3 (ylod).

CladInShadows said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

That's common. The easiest way to fix it is replace the 72 pin connector (which I just did a couple weeks ago).

Where can you get one of those?

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
CladInShadows said:

Where can you get one of those?

I got mine on Amazon. Just search for NES 72 Pin Connector. You might also be able to find one at a local retro game store.

Just make sure that the connector is the problem. If you're getting the red blinking light when you have a game in the system pushed down, it's probably the connector. The NES is notorious for having bent pins on that original connector because of having to push the cart down. So it's likely the pins are bent or dirty or both. Some people manually bend the pins back, some people even boil the connector. I decided to just get a new one because they're not expensive, and any kind of repair job requires that you open up your NES regardless. No soldering or anything. Just getting to the old connector by taking out parts and layers, taking the old one out, putting in the new one, and then putting everything back in the way you found it.

If you have a different issue, then I don't know enough to help.