By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Around the Network
Hiku said:

And the FIFA simulation has now correctly predicted the winner for the past 4 World Cups.

There’s also been some investment company that correctly predicted the winner or the 2014, 2018 and 2018 world cup. Let’s see who they call for the 2026 one.

I just noticed Aguero is up there celebrating the trophy with them.
I knew he was there for moral suport, but that's great to see.

Fun payback against Mbappe. Best match ever.

Messi's GOAT status has been cemented as he FINALLY wins the ONE trophy that has ALWAYS alluded him!!!

As someone who has never been a fan of soccer or futbol, I never understood why it was so popular...

I DO NOW!

That was one of the greatest sporting events I have ever witnessed! 

Around the Network

Wow.

That sure was something. Great for Messi that he could finally hold that cup, can't help but feel that his is a story with the perfect ending. He and Mbappé stood far above anyone else this World Cup, some unbelievable plays.

mZuzek said:

Made it to Buenos Aires.

Gonna watch the game on a big screen with some thousands of Argentines.

It's gonna be nuts.

Are you alive?

Here in Brazil the TV showed the crowd celebrating the last goal on Buenos Aires. They were quite excited, were you among them?

PAOerfulone said:

Messi's GOAT status has been cemented as he FINALLY wins the ONE trophy that has ALWAYS alluded him!!!

As someone who has never been a fan of soccer or futbol, I never understood why it was so popular...

I DO NOW!

That was one of the greatest sporting events I have ever witnessed! 

Anything can get exciting when something is on the line and there are personalities behind opposing sides locking horns.

That said, I really enjoyed this too though it's probably not good for my heart.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
mZuzek said:

Made it to Buenos Aires.
Gonna watch the game on a big screen with some thousands of Argentines.
It's gonna be nuts.

Are you alive?

Here in Brazil the TV showed the crowd celebrating the last goal on Buenos Aires. They were quite excited, were you among them?

Yes, I'm still alive.

Yes, it was nuts. More so than I expected. But to be fair I didn't expect the game to be so intense and dramatic.

And yes, I was among them. I actually filmed a bunch of videos and just finished posting them on twitter, so if y'all wanna check it out, I'll leave them here (but beware, spanish warning):

I'm so happy I got to see this, and that I got to live it here in Buenos Aires. I'm actually so happy, and so grateful. It was beautiful, incredible, it was everything. And it'll continue to be. Not sure if I'm gonna trek all the way to the airport tomorrow when the players arrive, but wherever they parade the world cup, I wanna be there.