By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

At this stage, Messi is on course to get a winners medal and the golden boot. Would you bet against him getting the golden ball as well? I wouldn’t.

Around the Network

How are things looking so far?

Like I thought Argentine plays the best football. They deserve to win this first period. I'm hoping for a 3 - 0 win from them...

Bad French performance. The subs made the team better but Argentina can attempt to counter it before the second half.

I don't know if that was really a penalty. But I feel like Argentina have played way better than France so far.
France haven't had a single shot on target, and they lose the ball almost as soon as they get it. Giroud had a good chance with that header one time, but that's about it. And they subbed him off.

Oddly enough France don't seem to change things up even after being down by two goals. 

SecondWar said:

At this stage, Messi is on course to get a winners medal and the golden boot. Would you bet against him getting the golden ball as well? I wouldn’t.

If Argentina win, Messi could miss every shot in CL and he would still get it.
Because 1.) statistically he's had one of the best starts to his club season ever (club play went on break with Messi being the only player to have both double digit goals and assists, iirc), even before the WC started, and 2.) remember how much Copa America weighed when he won in 2021. Not only winning the WC, but arguably being the best player at the WC as well, the 8th Ballon D'or would be all but guaranteed.

Around the Network

That was never a penalty, the 2nd goal was fantastic though. Come on Argentina!

safe to say argentina's winning this?

KLAMarine said:

safe to say argentina's winning this?

We will wait a little to say that.

That's your fault ! lol

Oh. My. Word.