By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo IPs You’d Still Like to See on Switch (Poll Added)

Which unused IP would you like to see on Switch

F-Zero 20 25.00%

Star Fox 8 10.00%

Mario RPG 6 7.50%

Mario and Luigi 7 8.75%

Diddy Kong Racing 6 7.50%

Pikmin 7 8.75%

Wave Race 7 8.75%

Golden Sun 12 15.00%

Chibi Robo 4 5.00%

Excite Truck/Bots/Bike 3 3.75%

Total:80
snyps said:
Kakadu18 said:

So what do you expect how long it's development will take?

You do realize it's not just in the concept stage or something like that. Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V were also revealed in 2017 and released because development hadn't restarted.

I expect the development of Metroid Prime 4 to take less than 4 years. Nintendo doesn’t make a lot of money on the Metroid franchise. They aren’t going to spend more money developing Metroid than they’d spend on their more popular IPs. 5 years is longer than it takes to develop their Mario and Zelda titles, right?

That would mean it would release early next year, which I personally doubt. Even if it's holiday next year, it's still going to release on the current Switch, even in the unlikely case of the successor releasing in 2023.

Idk how long SMO's development took, but BotW was in development for over 5 years and it's sequel's development will have taken 6 years if it releases in Spring 2023 like announced.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Where's the button that says all of them?

Would be nice. The only thing making me think many of these won’t happen is that I think Nintendo is already diverting resources to next gen. The theoretical September Direct could give us a lot of clues. 

I can't believe I'm the only one putting in for Excite Truck, thus far.  It is still a super fun, over the top arcade racer.  I'd love to see it make a return with some refinements to the gameplay on more capable hardware.

Kwaidd said:

I can't believe I'm the only one putting in for Excite Truck, thus far.  It is still a super fun, over the top arcade racer.  I'd love to see it make a return with some refinements to the gameplay on more capable hardware.

Like Chibi Robo, I put my finger on the scale for this one.  Like I said, it's my poll, haha.  Excite Truck has to be one of the biggest Wii surprises for me.  I went in expecting nothing and was blown away with the speed, air, and adrenalin I got while playing the game.  I was already a fan of ATV Offroad Fury on the Playstation 2, which featured atvs getting massive (and highly improbable) air off jumps, but Excite Truck took it to a whole 'nother level.  The follow up, Excite Bots, had the same speed, air, and adrenalin, but added wacky minigames throughout as well as one of my favorite mechanics, transforming bugs.  

It looks like the developer of this title has moved on to doing mainly Playstation and PC work, which is a shame.

I'd even take a spiritual successor at this point from an indie studio.

CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

Would be nice. The only thing making me think many of these won’t happen is that I think Nintendo is already diverting resources to next gen. The theoretical September Direct could give us a lot of clues. 

Unfortunately the next Direct will most likely reveal things like another half-assed subscription service, more games to launch with barely any content, and nothing to show of games we've been clamoring for the past few years.

Nintendo has been a shell of how great it was from the 80s to early 2000s.

?

Why would you expect another subscription service?

Around the Network

Duck Hunt
Shin & Punishment
Wario Land
3D Donkey Kong

Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Unfortunately the next Direct will most likely reveal things like another half-assed subscription service, more games to launch with barely any content, and nothing to show of games we've been clamoring for the past few years.

Nintendo has been a shell of how great it was from the 80s to early 2000s.

?

Why would you expect another subscription service?

Because he’s a pessimist. Their biggest fear is chancing to look forward to something or enjoying art/media/products that are actually enjoyable.

An easy way to diagnose a pessimist is how they take a popular product, franchise, or brand and stage some sort of rebellion against it. “X was so much better in the past.” Also, seeing them treat various changes in product lines or artistic direction as a personal attack against them. They believe everything is about them, probably something within the cluster B family of personality disorders… so unfortunately, there’s no known cure.

Pessimists are common on the Internet—they tend to flock to anonymous platforms like YouTube comment sections, Reddit, and Twitter... Roving around social media like flocks of “disenfranchised” sheep and criticizing popular celebrities, artists, film crew, actors, and brands they claim to despise, yet cannot stop discussing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I voted Excitetruck/bots, but what I'd like most of all is a brand new 2D Mario game done right.

Actually, Nintendo have to find a "phoenix down" and bring back Virtual Console (GC included).

ArtX said:

Actually, Nintendo have to find a "phoenix down" and bring back Virtual Console (GC included).

It’s called the Nintendo eShop. It’s just been rebranded and expanded.

As a bit more information (if you want it):

The Virtual Console (and Wiiware) were basically Nintendo’s first stabs at digital distribution. The EShop is essentially a modern rebranding for the Virtual Console with Wiiware with a storefront for digital distribution of retail level games wrapped in.

Third party publishers are given more freedom in how they price and distribute games. Consequently, we’re getting enhanced versions and value bundles of classic games, as well as software previously only available on competing consoles like Xbox and PlayStation. All this has resulted in a significantly higher release rate of classic catalogue software. Capcom alone has over 300 games on the EShop from every generation of consoles and arcade.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.