By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo IPs You’d Still Like to See on Switch (Poll Added)

Which unused IP would you like to see on Switch

F-Zero 20 25.00%

Star Fox 8 10.00%

Mario RPG 6 7.50%

Mario and Luigi 7 8.75%

Diddy Kong Racing 6 7.50%

Pikmin 7 8.75%

Wave Race 7 8.75%

Golden Sun 12 15.00%

Chibi Robo 4 5.00%

Excite Truck/Bots/Bike 3 3.75%

Total:80

If Pikmin 4 takes some pages out of the Little King Story book, or Dwarf Fortress book, I’ll be all over that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

If Pikmin 4 takes some pages out of the Little King Story book, or Dwarf Fortress book, I’ll be all over that.

With all these remasters and ports, where is a remake or remaster of Little King’s Story? It’s a game a forget about until someone brings it up and then I absolutely wish it wasn’t stuck on the Wii. 

Haven’t heard of Dwarf Fortress. Will have to check that one out. 

but I doubt your dreams will come true with Pikmin 4, though the camera being closer to the ground might give it that feel. 

I'd love to see the magical starsign/vacation series make a return

Pretty underated RPG series, but on of my all time favourites

Kid Icarus
Star Tropics
Sin & Punishment
Eternal Darkness
Geist

Remakes or new adventures would be cool

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

super_etecoon said:
Jumpin said:

With all these remasters and ports, where is a remake or remaster of Little King’s Story? It’s a game a forget about until someone brings it up and then I absolutely wish it wasn’t stuck on the Wii. 

but I doubt your dreams will come true with Pikmin 4, though the camera being closer to the ground might give it that feel. 

Don’t! :)

Well, so if you’re interested in a game with a lot of depth and a lot to learn about it. It’s an emergent gameplay/storytelling rogue-like construction management game that’s been in development for about 20 years; although, launching in Alpha in 2006 and has been supported by donations ever since.

It’s the game that inspired Minecraft. Minecraft began as a vertical slice of the Dwarf Fortress concept.

Basically, you start by generating a world… weather effects, geological changes, lifeforms, intelligent species, civilizations, and so on. You can run the world simulation as long as you want, and then you select a region.

In this region, you will be in charge of a group of dwarven settlers from one of the dwarven civilizations. You set projects, and your dwarves will complete them based on their skills and personalities.

ON PERSONALITIES

Each dwarf has a personality, it can mean they will act against your orders, and perhaps even murder or assassinate others. Dwarves can become vampires, and spread their vampirism, and the depth here is insane.

ON CIVILIZATIONS

Dwarves aren’t the only civilized species, there are also, humans, orcs, and other intelligent lifeforms can form civilizations. They might decide to declare war on your civilization, which means they’ll be on the love on the world map, and your fortress could get attacked. If destroyed, you can start a new fortress in the same world with time continuing.

ADVENTURE MODE

You can play adventure mode, which allows you to take a dwarf and explore the world, talk to other peoples and collaborate or trade with them, or attack their lands with a party of warriors.

Really, I could go on and on, but it’s probably better to look up YouTube videos. There is a Steam launch happening sometime soon, this version will have a more consistent UI and updated official graphic tile sets… the base game used asci graphics and relied on modders to create tile sets for the game. And while the game plays in a 3D environment, it was top down, so you could only look at one level at a time without mods.

The game has a massive cult following thanks to its emergent storytelling. You can find a lot of old blogs with stories written, and YouTube videos as well detailing stories.

Hard to recommend the game to most players, as it makes games like Crusader Kings and Victoria look simple by comparison. It’s fairly niche. But if you like exploring gameplay systems and digging through games, it’s one of the best. It’s also not nearly as hard to learn as it’s reputation, it just takes time and research… You can probably get started very quickly by learning how to farm, and then expand out your knowledge from there.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
super_etecoon said:

Don’t! :)

Well, so if you’re interested in a game with a lot of depth and a lot to learn about it. It’s an emergent gameplay/storytelling rogue-like construction management game that’s been in development for about 20 years; although, launching in Alpha in 2006 and has been supported by donations ever since.

It’s the game that inspired Minecraft. Minecraft began as a vertical slice of the Dwarf Fortress concept.

Basically, you start by generating a world… weather effects, geological changes, lifeforms, intelligent species, civilizations, and so on. You can run the world simulation as long as you want, and then you select a region.

In this region, you will be in charge of a group of dwarven settlers from one of the dwarven civilizations. You set projects, and your dwarves will complete them based on their skills and personalities.

ON PERSONALITIES

Each dwarf has a personality, it can mean they will act against your orders, and perhaps even murder or assassinate others. Dwarves can become vampires, and spread their vampirism, and the depth here is insane.

ON CIVILIZATIONS

Dwarves aren’t the only civilized species, there are also, humans, orcs, and other intelligent lifeforms can form civilizations. They might decide to declare war on your civilization, which means they’ll be on the love on the world map, and your fortress could get attacked. If destroyed, you can start a new fortress in the same world with time continuing.

ADVENTURE MODE

You can play adventure mode, which allows you to take a dwarf and explore the world, talk to other peoples and collaborate or trade with them, or attack their lands with a party of warriors.

Really, I could go on and on, but it’s probably better to look up YouTube videos. There is a Steam launch happening sometime soon, this version will have a more consistent UI and updated official graphic tile sets… the base game used asci graphics and relied on modders to create tile sets for the game. And while the game plays in a 3D environment, it was top down, so you could only look at one level at a time without mods.

The game has a massive cult following thanks to its emergent storytelling. You can find a lot of old blogs with stories written, and YouTube videos as well detailing stories.

Hard to recommend the game to most players, as it makes games like Crusader Kings and Victoria look simple by comparison. It’s fairly niche. But if you like exploring gameplay systems and digging through games, it’s one of the best. It’s also not nearly as hard to learn as it’s reputation, it just takes time and research… You can probably get started very quickly by learning how to farm, and then expand out your knowledge from there.

Wow, that sounds intense. Thanks for the quick gist. I’m sure with a game with that much depth it was difficult to be brief. 

I mostly game on the Switch, which I know is limiting. Sounds like fun to watch a YouTube play through, though. 

Definitely F-Zero.

If they don’t want to invest too much, give us modernized remasters of F-Zero GX and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door!!!

I swear, everyone want a proper sequel to Paper Mario in the vain of The Thousand-Year Door and they keep (knowingly) making games that are further and further away in style from what people want from the series.

We need F-Zero badly. I'd be happy already with just a GX remaster with online multiplayer.