By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo IPs You’d Still Like to See on Switch (Poll Added)

Which unused IP would you like to see on Switch

F-Zero 20 25.00%

Star Fox 8 10.00%

Mario RPG 6 7.50%

Mario and Luigi 7 8.75%

Diddy Kong Racing 6 7.50%

Pikmin 7 8.75%

Wave Race 7 8.75%

Golden Sun 12 15.00%

Chibi Robo 4 5.00%

Excite Truck/Bots/Bike 3 3.75%

Total:80
super_etecoon said:
Slownenberg said:

Just pointing out, Mario Maker definitely doesn't count as 2D Mario. They are two different series. But alright fine since it's by far the most obvious and biggest game missing from Switch I accept your first reason haha

I know you're right.  Trust me, I'm jonesing right now for an amazing return to the 2D space for Mario.  I'm really hoping that they'll even go so far as to revamp the graphics and provide a new step forward for the IP.  Of course, we'll most likely just get another NEW Super Mario Bros, which will be fine.  Even the worst 2D Mario is still an amazingly fun game.

I got NSMBUD and felt it was very mediocre. It was a ton of fun the one time I played it with a friend, but I feel like they've now geared the New series toward multiplayer rather than single player because it was just entirely mediocre playing the game by myself. In fact at one point while I was playing it I loaded up the original SMB on the Switch Online and was like holy hell this game feels so much better than NSMBUD. Definitely didn't feel anywhere near worth the $60 I spent on it. It is the game I have been most disappointed in on Switch compared to expectations as well as money spent. I didn't play the Luigi version though, maybe that is a little better(?), because I had very little interest in playing the game anymore once I beat the Mario version.

Honestly, if they just come out with another game in the New series I would have no interest in it. It'd still sell a lot I'm sure, but I'm counting on a 2D Mario coming out before Switch is done that is an entirely new series (new art style, new controls, new theme, etc). The New series has been on DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, and ported to the Switch....they've done that series to death and 2D Mario desperately needs a change. The only time they've ever even done the same style Mario twice in a row was SMB and then the Lost Levels (which of course only came out in Japan), and Galaxy 1 & 2. After 4 different games including two versions of one of them plus a port, spread across 5 systems and 3 generations, that series of 2D Mario feels so tired and stale. I just hope they have a completely new style of 2D Mario game well into development at this point, as it could be the blockbuster game for say holiday '23.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
peachbuggy said:

I am so ashamed! How could i? i completely forgot about Chibi Robo. :o

I have atoned myself for my sin by immediately voting for it in the poll.

I did a word search of this thread to see which titles were being listed and thought it pretty funny that you hadn't included it, even though you accounted for the word actually coming up in the thread.  Let's just say I put my finger on the scale when I made the poll and included it anyway.  Just saw an article in NintendoLife today saying the creator would like to make a sequel "when the time is right."  Pardon me?  The time was right when that image of a flaming Chibi Robo hit the internet 4 years ago.  This IP has never been given the true opportunity it deserves.  In a time when many gamers like to do chores in their games, it's really a no brainer.  

I'm guessing it's from my sig! :o

Yes i saw the article too. Not much is explained in it. Seems really vague. I honestly think Skip has gone under and no-one seems to know who owns the IP to develop/publish it. Hopefully Skip haven't taken it to the grave with them.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Slownenberg said:
super_etecoon said:

I know you're right.  Trust me, I'm jonesing right now for an amazing return to the 2D space for Mario.  I'm really hoping that they'll even go so far as to revamp the graphics and provide a new step forward for the IP.  Of course, we'll most likely just get another NEW Super Mario Bros, which will be fine.  Even the worst 2D Mario is still an amazingly fun game.

I got NSMBUD and felt it was very mediocre. It was a ton of fun the one time I played it with a friend, but I feel like they've now geared the New series toward multiplayer rather than single player because it was just entirely mediocre playing the game by myself. In fact at one point while I was playing it I loaded up the original SMB on the Switch Online and was like holy hell this game feels so much better than NSMBUD. Definitely didn't feel anywhere near worth the $60 I spent on it. It is the game I have been most disappointed in on Switch compared to expectations as well as money spent. I didn't play the Luigi version though, maybe that is a little better(?), because I had very little interest in playing the game anymore once I beat the Mario version.

Honestly, if they just come out with another game in the New series I would have no interest in it. It'd still sell a lot I'm sure, but I'm counting on a 2D Mario coming out before Switch is done that is an entirely new series (new art style, new controls, new theme, etc). The New series has been on DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, and ported to the Switch....they've done that series to death and 2D Mario desperately needs a change. The only time they've ever even done the same style Mario twice in a row was SMB and then the Lost Levels (which of course only came out in Japan), and Galaxy 1 & 2. After 4 different games including two versions of one of them plus a port, spread across 5 systems and 3 generations, that series of 2D Mario feels so tired and stale. I just hope they have a completely new style of 2D Mario game well into development at this point, as it could be the blockbuster game for say holiday '23.

Agreed.  And I think you represent the majority of hardcore Mario fans. The fact is, though, that the casuals are just fine with the way it is and will buy it. So will many of us core and hardcore gamers. In that way we’re kind of our worst enemy for change. But, and you point this out, Nintendo likes to subvert themselves with each sequel, usually. I just hope they’re up to the challenge. Would sure be great to get a 2D Mario that wows us in unexpected ways. That’s certainly been a while. 

KLXVER said:

Would love to see another Punch-Out!!

You win this thread imo

Op obviously like super metroid. I’m the only one whom wants a 3D Metroid?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
snyps said:

Op obviously like super metroid. I'm the only one whom wants a 3D Metroid?

A lot of people do and it's on the way, or it should be at least.

I see. People think it’s coming to switch. 

snyps said:
mZuzek said:

A lot of people do and it's on the way, or it should be at least.

I see. People think it’s coming to switch. 

Sorry I didn’t clarify in the OP. I’m assuming MP4 is still coming to Switch. It may launch simultaneously on future hardware, but I believe it will release on the system it was announced for. That’s why it’s not here. Besides, it would have pulled too many votes away from other games. Trust me, you’re definitely not the only user here waiting impatiently for the game to release. All in good time. 

Yes

Advanced Wars.

Original 2D Mario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I think it's time for either the continuation of Golden Sun Dark Dawn or a remake/reboot of the first two games made into one.