By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo IPs You’d Still Like to See on Switch (Poll Added)

Which unused IP would you like to see on Switch

F-Zero 20 25.00%

Star Fox 8 10.00%

Mario RPG 6 7.50%

Mario and Luigi 7 8.75%

Diddy Kong Racing 6 7.50%

Pikmin 7 8.75%

Wave Race 7 8.75%

Golden Sun 12 15.00%

Chibi Robo 4 5.00%

Excite Truck/Bots/Bike 3 3.75%

Total:80
SegaHeart said:
peachbuggy said:

Was gonna say excite truck/tomadachi/startropics but was just beaten to it! ^^
No love for 1080 tho?

We still have Nintendogs. Not sure if it'll be the right time to have a revival of this or the mobile market really did a number on the franchise?

Hmm yes possibly, although Nintendo had limited success with a new brain training so i guess there is a chance.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Wario Ware (not land)
Super Mario RPG (not paper)
Diddy Kong Racing
I guess Golden Sun as well, but with very notable changes from their original concept at least in terms of tone/story and dialogue.

Jpcc86 said:

Wario Ware (not land)
Super Mario RPG (not paper)
Diddy Kong Racing
I guess Golden Sun as well, but with very notable changes from their original concept at least in terms of tone/story and dialogue.

Released last year on the Switch.

Wario Land on the other hand has not.

Diddy kong racing would be nice to see.

A Mario & Luigi rpg would be fun too, always enjoy those games.

drbunnig said:

I was going to ask if the Kyle Hyde IP was Nintendo's. A third game would be amazing.

Other than that, Eternal Darkness would be very welcome.

Also, is Geist a Nintendo IP? I'd like to see that concept revisited.

Nintendo bought the IP from Cing when they went bankrupt, they own Another Code/Trace Memory and the Hotel Dusk/Kyle Hyde games. I think Konami owns Little Kings story that was co-developed by Cing. But Kyle Hyde is Nintendos.

Geist was published by Nintendo at least, but I have no idea where the rights for the game went after they closed down, maybe Nintendo owns it as part of the publishing deal? The game had some unique game play but did not sell well and was not well received by critics. I think it is more likely that the concept will pop up somewhere else than that a new Geist game will be released.  

Around the Network

Nintendo has a lot of IPs with a great potential to bring very good games

- Kyle Hide new game
- Pandora's tower
- F zero
- Eternal Darkness
- Wario Land
- Sin & Punishment
- Geist
- Kid Icarus
- Nintendo Land
- Golden Sun
- Legendary Starfy
- Murasame Castle
- Giftpia
- Soma Bringer
- Devils Third
- Glory of Heracles
- Magical Vacation
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Mario & Luigi
- Disaster day of crisis
- Last Story
- Wonderful 101
- Earthbound

Last edited by Arfen - on 26 August 2022

I mean the most obvious game (that I can only assume is well on in development at this point) is 2D Mario as that's an automatic 20 million seller.

Other than that:
Pikmin 4
Fzero
Starfox
DK (rumors this is coming)
2D Zelda (I assumed with console and handheld merging we'd get both new 2D and 3D Zelda games on Switch and successors, still hoping this will be true)
Wave Race
Kid Icarus
A game in the Excite(bike) racing series
Other handheld series like say Golden Sun, Mario & Luigi
Super Mario RPG

Basically, there's lots more games Nintendo could pump out on Switch the next couple years. I just hope they have most of these in development and we'll see them in '23 and '24

Fire Emblem Remake? 3 houses is on Switch, but I'm surprised they haven't released any remakes yet. I was thinking at least 2 on Switch!
Also F-Zero or Donkey Kong (no brainer)

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Golden Sun. Remake the games in the same graphical style as Tales of Berseria, have interesting and varied puzzles in the dungeons. It could be so good.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Mario & Luigi
Golden Sun