By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Crash Bandicoot platformer?

What's your favorite Crash Bandicoot platformer?

Crash Bandicoot 57 15.70%

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 85 23.42%

Crash Bandicoot: Warped 120 33.06%

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex 18 4.96%

Crash Twinsanity 7 1.93%

Crash of the Titans 4 1.10%

Crash: Mind Over Mutant 4 1.10%

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time 55 15.15%

Other 13 3.58%

Total:363

Crash 3 > Crash 2 > Crash 4 > Crash 1 and all the other games don't count

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Crash warped took everything that made the first two games good, put it in one game, and it came out great. I can always pick up 3 and play it, no fear of it getting old.

As far as spin offs go, I know there isn’t much love for it, but I always thoroughly enjoyed crash bash.

There are only three imo, and that's the original trilogy. I've beaten the first countless times and just beat the second. I haven't started the third yet. But out of the first two, I enjoyed the first one more. It's more timeless. Never seems to get old. The second one (and I can only assume the third will fall into this as well) was great, but it felt like they were trying to do a little too much... which is rare, because I typically find sequels to great games to be the best ones.

We'll see how I feel about the third game. But it's going to be hard for it to overtake the first for me.

Crash 3 for sure.
Really liked the variety and it wasn't as hard as the previous two. I could never finish the first two as a kid but I did manage to beat the third.

Crash 1 is next. A little unforgiving but it paved the way.

Crash 2 just has some unfair and unbalanced levels. Those polar bear sections are awful.

Crash 4 is dead last. Mediocre platformer.

Never played any of the others (except CTR).

Warped is surely the one I've played the most, but Cortex Strikes Back have a sweet spot and difficulty, controls, and clever design.

Around the Network

I played up until Wrath of Cortex. That game is underrated, and it's the actual 'Crash 4' if you ask me. I don't get why they'd retcon or just ignore all those other games, at least Wrath of Cortex, when they named Crash 4 Crash 4, but whatever. Still though, while underrated and fun enough it's not the best one, the least of the first four even;

Crash 3 > Crash 2 > Crash 1 > WoC.

So they got better with each game, which is pretty rare for any series. Crash is definitely the best of Naughty Dog's series.

Crash 4 plays the best but Crash 2 is my favorite.

As for spin off. Crash Team Racing is my favorite.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

2 > 1 > 3. They're the only ones I've played.

Not to be rude, but Crash Bandicoot Wrath of cortex had the longest load times I remember of any game that generation. I remember it being unbearable and meme worthy. I like Crash 3 the best, but the all of the original 3 were fun to me. I haven't played most of the newer games.

Crash 3 (Warped) for sure. I played the original trilogy last year and had a blast. The first one is still really good if a bit too difficult and kinda cruel lol. The second one I didn't care for so much, the secret areas were a pain and not fun to play (the jetpack was pretty cool but very underused).

Warped has it all: a constant variety in levels, a cool soundtrack, power-ups that make playing the levels again even more fun. It's just the complete package and my all-time favorite platformer.

I have yet to play the new one (4) but I'm quite optimistic with what I have seen. Hopefully it'll be up there with Warped quality-wise.

From the spin offs it has to be Crash Team Racing. Crash Bash was actually a ton of fun but CTR is the real deal. Even though I disliked racing games as a kid, CTR was SO good! That asshole in the final race was a pain in the ass to beat though!