By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Series X|S Sales Top 16 Million - Global Hardware July 24-30

Playstation 5 is really strong in Europe. I think if Sony had more stock, it would sell even more.

Around the Network

Another solid week in Japan for Sony too

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Playstation 5 is really strong in Europe. I think if Sony had more stock, it would sell even more.

EU has always been their biggest region, so it shouldnt surprise anyone if they get more units sent there than in NA or even JP

darthv72 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

EU has always been their biggest region, so it shouldnt surprise anyone if they get more units sent there than in NA or even JP

Europe also has twice the population of USA and around 7 times that off Japan.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The PS5 outsold the Gamecube. 

Around the Network

Good PS5 sales overall, strong sales in EU despite a 20k stealth adjustment down from last week. Either way, stock is definitely improving. It's moved to 2nd in yearly in the UK and took 1st in monthly's there for July making it 4 months in a row. August is looking strong so far as well, nice to see.

PS5 doing well

trunkswd said:
Blood_Tears said:

Good PS5 sales overall, strong sales in EU despite a 20k stealth adjustment down from last week. Either way, stock is definitely improving. It's moved to 2nd in yearly in the UK and took 1st in monthly's there for July making it 4 months in a row. August is looking strong so far as well, nice to see.

Our UK estimates for 2022:

1. NS: 294,576
  2. PS5: 281,968
  3. XSX|S: 280,046

Nice, all 3 really close there. So looking at the sales ratio of the last 2 months in the UK it's highly possible that PS5 takes the yearly lead next month if shipments continue as they were. They've had a great first week of August so far there. 

Another good week just like last one. Supply issues may be disappearing. All 3 systems are close to flat WoW. Going by YoY, PS5 and Switch are up a little and X|S is up a lot (41.8%). It will be interesting to see how long these good weeks will persist.

Switch now less than 6 million from overtaking the PS4.

Nice to see supply improving for PS5 and Xbox Series too.