By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is seriously doomed

So I've just discovered Mario will be in the public domain by 2082

So their other 80s IPs are following suit right after that

By 2100 Nintendo will lose all its heavy hitters and will no longer have any exclusivity to sell their hardware

It's over, just a matter of waiting to see their decline now

Feel free to bookmark this thread when Switch sales fall off a cliff once other studios start releasing Mario on their own platforms

Around the Network

Tagging. If you are wrong, in 2101 I'll be back in this thread to call you out..

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fuck :(

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

According to the second law of thermodynamics, we're all doomed.

Around the Network

Nintendoom is always doomed.
But regarding IPs, that will be just the original chars design or so, the modern games and design would still be protected.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

trunkswd said:

Nintendoomed...eventually. Look what has happened to Winnie the Pooh since that hit the public domain. 

classic:

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nintendo has been doomed since 1995 when they released Doom on the Super Nintendo.

trunkswd said:

Nintendoomed...eventually. Look what has happened to Winnie the Pooh since that hit the public domain. 

Yeah, that was horrible, he's even become one of the filthiest Chinese presidents ever!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

F man. Nintendo is doomed eternally

Last edited by Shatts - on 19 July 2022