By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What third party publisher has given Switch the best support?

Nintendo's relationship with third party publishers on Switch has been interesting to say the least.
Which publisher other than the big N themselves do you think has done best by the Switch, and please elaborate on why they deserve the title?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Around the Network

Bandai Namco I guess

I think SquareEnix. Multiple HD-2D remakes for the Switch and some exclusives like Triangle Strategy. Some people might counter-claim with Final Fantasy, but there is already an agreement with Sony on that franchise back in 2001. In return, they did release Dragon Quest 11 which is also a great game from a huge franchise.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Bandai Namco I guess

yeah that's also a good one

Shatts said:

I think SquareEnix. Multiple HD-2D remakes for the Switch and some exclusives like Triangle Strategy. Some people might counter-claim with Final Fantasy, but there is already an agreement with Sony on that franchise back in 2001. In return, they did release Dragon Quest 11 which is also a great game from a huge franchise.

Square did nice too, their biggest misstep was releasing Kingdom Hearts as cloud-only, I'm still perplexed they will port Nier and not KH. I would understand KH 3 by the others... 

I will always hope they release a spin off, but it's not coming I guess. Dream drop distance is from 2012 and no rumors of any spin-off ever since

Around the Network

Before that it was Bethesda porting to Switch with Help of Panic button, I'll go which Square Enix even though KH3 was a bad port they made Project Triangle, Bravely Default 2, Octopath Traveler , Dragon quest 11 S, Nier Automata , Nier replicant, Collection of Mana , Trials of manaDragon Quest builders

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

Shatts said:

Said it before me, Square is too Good. They are their with Koei Techmo.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

Sega - without the Yakuza creator, the support improved

Capcom - a Monster Hunter machine and old games

Namco - lazy ports and late ports

Square Enix - Dragon quest and Asano productions.

Konami - Momataro and olde games. 

None? Koei?

Agente42 said:

Sega - without the Yakuza creator, the support improved

Capcom - a Monster Hunter machine and old games

Namco - lazy ports and late ports

Square Enix - Dragon quest and Asano productions.

Konami - Momataro and olde games. 

None? Koei?

Developed warriors musou series like Fire emblem warriors and Hyrule Warriors but the biggest surprise was RPG Fire Emblem Three Houses metacritic 89 though Intellegent Systems did more on the RPG game to me RPG > other genres in gaming. Bless JRPG stories.

Microsoft

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!