By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ecurbj said:
dsoverpsp said:
ecurbj said:
rudyrsr8 said:
ecurbj said:
obieslut said:
Well if anyonw wants a wii that bad they should just come to the UK. the things are all over the place. I could go into Wolverhampton city centre and by 10 wiis if i wanted. i know cool yh lol

Now that is absolutely messed up, Nintendo.

Here they see me actually trying to find one and we Americans have to wait in line or buy off of Ebay for $400+ tax and the UK gets a supply that is so something I want right now.

UK sales nintendo gets more money from them becasue of currency exchange to Yen that is why not to metion Mario Kart just launched there. But to answer your question there is normally some ppl waiting but by 11am for CC most places are sold out if they had a shipment thats why you should go 15 min before they open after checking the circular the day before online for your region. I used to work at CC.

So check this out. Your telling me to go to Circuit City 15 or 20 minutes before they open and check the circular the day before online to find out if they have any in stock?

Will Circuit City and Best Buy or Target actually put that in there ad or online and they know they will be sold out within minutes on Sunday morning?

it's always in the physical ad and the online ad too

But isn't that odd, why put "Wii's are avaliable on a weekly ad" and they know that the Wii is going to be sold out on Sunday morning?

That absolutely makes no since whatsoever....

so they can hype it more and make the lines even longer

Around the Network

That's wrong, that leaves ecurbj out of purchasing a Wii!!!!!

Some stores releases them randomly, and it's just a matter of getting lucky. I have seen them in the wild several times. You have a decent chance of just seeing them there if you know what stores to check, but they will be gone in a matter of hours (or less), not to return again at random for 1 or 2 weeks....

You have a better chance in small cities than large cities.

Sunday morning is also good at Toy-R-Us stores.

Setup azgrabber to monitor amazon. You will only have a matter of minutes between when the alarm goes off and they sell out. Instructions at: http://www.squidoo.com/nintendo_wii_guaranteed actual utility at: http://www.azgrabber.com/ (be sure to actually order through vgchartz's store though!)

The easiest is to wait a month. You will probably be able to get a wii along with wii fit at your local drug store.  (well, maybe not, but....  supply should be hugely increased.)

I live in a small city called Wilmington. Its in the heart of Delaware. A small city by the way. But its very odd how when I'm in Gamestop the phone rings and people are asking if they have any Wii's in stock.

But who cares as for me I might just have to stand outside early in the morning and get one if I really want one so bad. Or I might just wait. I have a NDS to keep me Nintendo happy until I find a Wii.

I walked into Best Buy 4 hours ago to watch a friend buy a Wii. When we got there they had 3 on the shelf. First time I have ever seen any Wii's on display here.

Around the Network

As the other posters have said, Wiis in the wild are still a rare sight throughout the U.S. If EB Games is to be believed, the shortages will last at least another four or five months. After that, you should hopefully be able to grab one off the shelves.

Or you could do what some of the others are suggesting, and just wait outside a Best Buy on Sunday. Get there early, though, since they're usually gone less than a half hour later. And make sure you try this weekend, before the Mario Kart and Wii Fit releases, or it's going to be a long summer.

noname2200 said:
As the other posters have said, Wiis in the wild are still a rare sight throughout the U.S. If EB Games is to be believed, the shortages will last at least another four or five months. After that, you should hopefully be able to grab one off the shelves.

Or you could do what some of the others are suggesting, and just wait outside a Best Buy on Sunday. Get there early, though, since they're usually gone less than a half hour later. And make sure you try this weekend, before the Mario Kart and Wii Fit releases, or it's going to be a long summer.

The thing is how long are the lines. Are they still steep as before?

Shissy said:
I walked into Best Buy 4 hours ago to watch a friend buy a Wii. When we got there they had 3 on the shelf. First time I have ever seen any Wii's on display here.

Well I guess it would help to live in Ontario, Canada right?

I live in the US, in Delaware

ecurbj said:
Shissy said:

I live in Ontario too, and i have seen wiis in a couple different stores over the last couple of weeks.  That just leaves the US with no wii's

Griffin said:
ecurbj said:
Shissy said:

I live in Ontario too, and i have seen wiis in a couple different stores over the last couple of weeks.  That just leaves the US with no wii's

ummmm, I already stated that, so you don't have to co-sign my statement. I do realize that the US has less Wii's because this is a big country and are demand is high :)