By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
chuckd said:
ecurbj said:
obieslut said:
Well if anyonw wants a wii that bad they should just come to the UK. the things are all over the place. I could go into Wolverhampton city centre and by 10 wiis if i wanted. i know cool yh lol

Now that is absolutely messed up, Nintendo.

Here they see me actually trying to find one and we Americans have to wait in line or buy off of Ebay for $400+ tax and the UK gets a supply that is so something I want right now.

Tell your local congressional member to stop printing money so maybe the dollar might strengthen a little bit and give some incentive for N to send some extra wii's in our direction. (Not to mention lower gas prices...)

I wish I could but I'm simply a consumer wanting a Wii

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
dsoverpsp said:
maybe by March 2010 u may finally by able to walk into a store a see ONE Wii just sitting there

Thats crazy and by then I will be focusing more hours on the PS3 and Xbox 360, NDS and PSP then worrying about a Wii.

it's still worth it!

bigjon said:
In North America you cannot walk into a store and buy a Wii. period.

Back in early March I was stalking GS and BB for weeks before I found one.

So when will it be when I can use that technique above. I mean at GS and BB are lines still be made. Come on look at this weeks numbers its well obivious that Wii's are strong here. And the supply is great. Right?

dsoverpsp said:
ecurbj said:
dsoverpsp said:
maybe by March 2010 u may finally by able to walk into a store a see ONE Wii just sitting there

Thats crazy and by then I will be focusing more hours on the PS3 and Xbox 360, NDS and PSP then worrying about a Wii.

it's still worth it!

Think about it Nintendo will probably be planning a next console and my focus will still be on the consoles I have and the next console Nintendo decides to make :)

ecurbj said:
bigjon said:

So when will it be when I can use that technique above. I mean at GS and BB are lines still be made. Come on look at this weeks numbers its well obivious that Wii's are strong here. And the supply is great. Right?

supply is TERRIBLE

U HAVE TO LOOK TO WEEKS/GET LUCKY!!! 

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
ecurbj said:
obieslut said:
Well if anyonw wants a wii that bad they should just come to the UK. the things are all over the place. I could go into Wolverhampton city centre and by 10 wiis if i wanted. i know cool yh lol

Here they see me actually trying to find one and we Americans have to wait in line or buy off of Ebay for $400+ tax and the UK gets a supply that is so something I want right now.

UK sales nintendo gets more money from them becasue of currency exchange to Yen that is why not to metion Mario Kart just launched there. But to answer your question there is normally some ppl waiting but by 11am for CC most places are sold out if they had a shipment thats why you should go 15 min before they open after checking the circular the day before online for your region. I used to work at CC. 

So check this out. Your telling me to go to Circuit City 15 or 20 minutes before they open and check the circular the day before online to find out if they have any in stock?

Will Circuit City and Best Buy or Target actually put that in there ad or online and they know they will be sold out within minutes on Sunday morning?

dsoverpsp said:
ecurbj said:
bigjon said:

supply is TERRIBLE

U HAVE TO LOOK TO WEEKS/GET LUCKY!!! 

Well my interest for the Wii is starting to subside now. Damn it!!

I want one but its crazy how you have to wait in line and be there a hour or so ahead to get the one out of 25 Wii's. 

Damn....

ecurbj said:
rudyrsr8 said:
ecurbj said:
obieslut said:

UK sales nintendo gets more money from them becasue of currency exchange to Yen that is why not to metion Mario Kart just launched there. But to answer your question there is normally some ppl waiting but by 11am for CC most places are sold out if they had a shipment thats why you should go 15 min before they open after checking the circular the day before online for your region. I used to work at CC.

So check this out. Your telling me to go to Circuit City 15 or 20 minutes before they open and check the circular the day before online to find out if they have any in stock?

Will Circuit City and Best Buy or Target actually put that in there ad or online and they know they will be sold out within minutes on Sunday morning?

it's always in the physical ad and the online ad too

Pretty sure they're all over the place in Japan as well, with sales averaging in the 50k level for the past few weeks. With Mario Kart and Wii Fit already out, there isn't any current catalyst for the Japanese to rush out and buy one.

The soft release schedule in the U.S. seems spaced better for continued sustained sales in terms of million sellers. Nintendo actually could have put a bigger gap between Kart and Fit.

But as it stands, the U.S. is the only market that has remained consistently pinched for inventory since debut.

Every time I saw a couple on a store shelf last year, I found myself thinking "oh, good; Nintendo can finally keep them stocked," only to find out that was a FLUKE, and that I had probably just stumbled onto inventory that had just been shelved.

Even if you can find them on shelves, it's still a fair assumption to say that in major urban markets, there is no overlap between shipments on shelves and the next scheduled shipment to be received.

dsoverpsp said:
ecurbj said:
rudyrsr8 said:
ecurbj said:
obieslut said:

UK sales nintendo gets more money from them becasue of currency exchange to Yen that is why not to metion Mario Kart just launched there. But to answer your question there is normally some ppl waiting but by 11am for CC most places are sold out if they had a shipment thats why you should go 15 min before they open after checking the circular the day before online for your region. I used to work at CC.

it's always in the physical ad and the online ad too

But isn't that odd, why put "Wii's are avaliable on a weekly ad" and they know that the Wii is going to be sold out on Sunday morning?

That absolutely makes no since whatsoever....