By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
obieslut said:
Well if anyonw wants a wii that bad they should just come to the UK. the things are all over the place. I could go into Wolverhampton city centre and by 10 wiis if i wanted. i know cool yh lol

Now that is absolutely messed up, Nintendo.

Here they see me actually trying to find one and we Americans have to wait in line or buy off of Ebay for $400+ tax and the UK gets a supply that is so something I want right now.

Around the Network

I expect there will be big shipments for Wii Fit. Nintendo is going to do the full court press for Wii Fit and will throw everything but the kitchen sink for its launch. May/June could see new sales records for the Wii.

FishyJoe said:
I expect there will be big shipments for Wii Fit. Nintendo is going to do the full court press for Wii Fit and will throw everything but the kitchen sink for its launch. May/June could see new sales records for the Wii.

Okay Fishy I completely understand that, but you seem to not answer my question. Will there be a point when I can actually walk into a electronic store and ask if they have any Wii's and they respond to a "yes"?

Will that be around June or will I have to play the-wait-outside-at-4am-until-BestBuy-opens game?

maybe by March 2010 u may finally by able to walk into a store a see ONE Wii just sitting there

ecurbj said:
obieslut said:
Well if anyonw wants a wii that bad they should just come to the UK. the things are all over the place. I could go into Wolverhampton city centre and by 10 wiis if i wanted. i know cool yh lol

Here they see me actually trying to find one and we Americans have to wait in line or buy off of Ebay for $400+ tax and the UK gets a supply that is so something I want right now.

Tell your local congressional member to stop printing money so maybe the dollar might strengthen a little bit and give some incentive for N to send some extra wii's in our direction. (Not to mention lower gas prices...)

Around the Network

It will be hard to find I got mine last year in May and was lucky. Someone else from my school got it the same day and the same place 3 hours before me.They had 25 in stock I got the last one. D:

Former something....

loadedstatement said:
Yes it is still sold out all over the USA for the most part. What I find is the best way is to NOT shop at Gamestop for the Wii. They dont get nearly enough consoles in stock. Pick up the weekly circulars from Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. and see if they will have Wii's the next week. You can ask an employee when they go on sale, but if my memory is accurate, they go on sale Sunday mornings. So get there early. If you want to get one online, go to a website like http://wiitracker.com/ and I suggest signing up for the text message service. The will text you right when one becomes available.

Thanks bro for the tip, I hate buying things like electronics off websites because many factors can kick into place. Wrong address and name and sorts.

I'm looking to buying one at my local electronic store. So I will be looking for the weekly circulars at Best Buy and Circuit City and Target and Walmart. But will I have to wait in line for the Wii though at these retailers?

ecurbj said:
obieslut said:

UK sales nintendo gets more money from them becasue of currency exchange to Yen that is why not to metion Mario Kart just launched there. But to answer your question there is normally some ppl waiting but by 11am for CC most places are sold out if they had a shipment thats why you should go 15 min before they open after checking the circular the day before online for your region. I used to work at CC. 

"Like you know"

dsoverpsp said:
maybe by March 2010 u may finally by able to walk into a store a see ONE Wii just sitting there

Thats crazy and by then I will be focusing more hours on the PS3 and Xbox 360, NDS and PSP then worrying about a Wii.

In North America you cannot walk into a store and buy a Wii. period.

Back in early March I was stalking GS and BB for weeks before I found one.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut