By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ecurbj said:

After looking at the hardware numbers in the US, just now. I'm curious to know that Wii's are avaliable everywhere now. But how to the point?

Do consumers still have to stalk trucks or wait outside for Wii's?

Is the Will supply still short and when will I be able to simple walk into a store and just purchase a Wii?

I'm awaiting that day, because I want one. I have a PS3, X360, NDS, and PSP. I just need the Wii and I'm satisfied :)

Games like No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and etc. There is a wealth of games I want on the Wii, but what gets me hating it is the fact I can't find one.

I call Gamestop, they say "no we are sold out or would simply hang up the phone once I attempt to ask "Is there any Wii's in stock?"

Thats sad, and some Gamestop's might have them and lie. Who knows?

But my question of this thread is: When will I be able to walk into a game store and simply ask for a Wii and they say "We have some in stock?"

Hard to really make the question simple, but I want one and are there any solutions for me to try?

Do you live in NY? The Toys R US in Times Square almost always has a few Wii's from what i'm to understand. If you live anywhere else in the country or go to any other store in NY... good luck.

I'm sure some pocket areas probably have Wii's places... but i've very rarely seen them in stock.

I want to say once... at a Toys R Us. 

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
FishyJoe said:
I expect there will be big shipments for Wii Fit. Nintendo is going to do the full court press for Wii Fit and will throw everything but the kitchen sink for its launch. May/June could see new sales records for the Wii.

Okay Fishy I completely understand that, but you seem to not answer my question. Will there be a point when I can actually walk into a electronic store and ask if they have any Wii's and they respond to a "yes"?

Will that be around June or will I have to play the-wait-outside-at-4am-until-BestBuy-opens game?

It could be never for all we know.  It's hard to predict the demand for something that is outselling it's supply.

It's impossible to do when it's also outselling every other thing in it's category. 

bluesinG said:
Each week, a user named speedy1961 posts early info about the Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City ads in the following forum:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

If you check there toward the end of a week, you'll know which, if any, of those stores will have Wiis in stock the coming Sunday morning.

BTW, looks like Target and Circuity City will both have Wiis this coming Sunday.

Reliable source.  I just dont see why its beneficial to know ahead of when the circulars are actually released.  You cant get them until Sunday anyway.  Am I missing something?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Try the unpopular small electronic store. My cousin got his Wii at Microcenter.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Last I checked, my Wal-Mart had a dozen of these consoles sitting behind the glass case. I'm sure you can imagine the look on my face.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:
bluesinG said:
Each week, a user named speedy1961 posts early info about the Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City ads in the following forum:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

If you check there toward the end of a week, you'll know which, if any, of those stores will have Wiis in stock the coming Sunday morning.

BTW, looks like Target and Circuity City will both have Wiis this coming Sunday.

Reliable source.  I just dont see why its beneficial to know ahead of when the circulars are actually released.  You cant get them until Sunday anyway.  Am I missing something?

In many places, the weekly circular isn't available until the local Sunday morning paper comes out, which is usually too late to catch the Target opening. (Here in the San Francisco area, at least, Targets still usually sell out of Wiis within an hour of opening.)

The weekly postings by speedy1961 helped me find my Wii last January, and one for my brother this February. Only took one attempt for each.

Supply issue for Nintendo Wii? I bet they are stockpiling Wii's for upcoming China and Korea launches. I wonder if the Wii will be a lot cheaper in China? China is where all video game consoles are mass produced in factories.

ecurbj said:
FishyJoe said:
I expect there will be big shipments for Wii Fit. Nintendo is going to do the full court press for Wii Fit and will throw everything but the kitchen sink for its launch. May/June could see new sales records for the Wii.

Okay Fishy I completely understand that, but you seem to not answer my question. Will there be a point when I can actually walk into a electronic store and ask if they have any Wii's and they respond to a "yes"?

Will that be around June or will I have to play the-wait-outside-at-4am-until-BestBuy-opens game?

August/September is my guess, and it will be gone in October again ;)

I apologize for resurrecting the thread, but this seemed like the most appropriate place to say this without starting a new one. Toys'R'Us is evidently getting a massive shipment of new Wiis for this Sunday, and each store is accepting up to fifty pre-orders starting now. So if you've been looking for a Wii, but haven't had any luck, this may be your best bet.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/24/toys-r-us-getting-big-wii-shipment-sunday/

Good hunting.

So then it must be official.

Wii supply isn't constrained anymore?

Close to 400k this week, that is simply outstanding!!!!